09-15-2005, 11:28 AM
i'd much rather watch grass grow

mmmmmm grass......

FUCK ! , its on my banned list :(

MorganGrayson
09-15-2005, 11:35 AM
i'd much rather watch grass grow

Nick....:nutkick:

XxXotic...I'm glad. I thought I was the only one who didn't watch "reality shows." Video oxymorons.

XxXotic
09-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Nick....:nutkick:

XxXotic...I'm glad. I thought I was the only one who didn't watch "reality shows." Video oxymorons.I'm not anti-reality show, though I do think 98.7% of them are made for braindead rednecks.. but survivor just takes the cake. I've tried to dumb myself down enough to get into that show but I can't, The 3 functioning brain cells I have just won't allow me to do so

Dravyk
09-15-2005, 12:43 PM
I amm pretty much anti-reality show.

Only one I've liked of the ilk is where they put Ron Jeremy together with Tammy Faye Baker, Erik Estrada and Vanilla Ice. Tooooo funny!

Newton
09-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Survivor .. thank fuck these reality shows are waining .. the new season of lithium induced programming is already out there .. the greatest tv programs, the greatest detectives, the worst drivers, the worst celebrity moments .. its all dog eggs

Dravyk
09-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Dog eggs ... That anything like cat fuel? :blink:

Newton
09-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Dog's Egg
Noun
Faeces, a dump, a poo

Laid a fresh batch of dog's eggs this morning

TheEnforcer
09-15-2005, 01:14 PM
I've watched the last two. The AllS tar one two years ago was quite good and last years where the one tribe kept getting their asses kicked week in and week out but they had that one really hot woman who kicked ass in all the competitions but all of her teammates, except one guy, sucked ass.

Dravyk
09-15-2005, 01:14 PM
hahahahahahahaha

You said "poo"!!

LMAO! http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/bum.gif http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/hello.gif

JR
09-15-2005, 01:15 PM
am i the only one that watches really shitty tv and then gets depressed about it usually, asking myself "whats wrong with you that you are watching this crap?" - as i quickly switch to BBC or the History Channel - and realize 3 minutes later that i am watching The Surreal Life again.

Dravyk
09-15-2005, 01:22 PM
JR, it seems over all, I end up watching more reruns of things I know I've seen that were good, compared new shows that just suck. That's in terms of "normal TV viewing". Actually that seems to apply to the premium movie channels as well. It really is getting bad.

I also seem to watch more and more History, Science, Discovery channel stuff. And, I'll admit it, cartoons. I swear some of those cartoons are twice as witty as any network sitcom on these days.

ThrobX
09-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Alright, I'll stand up and take the heat...

Nick, I'll be watching Survivor as well, just as I've watched all the previous ones.

And Amazing Race (better than Survivor)...

And next week's finale of Rock Star: INXS (which I haven't missed an episode of)...

And Made In The USA (inventors compete for a year contract with Home Shopping Network -- actually an interesting show for marketing people to watch)...

And Surreal Life...

And Breaking Bonaduce...

... and I will like them.

That said, I won't watch either Apprentice show or Big Brother, but only for the same reason that I don't watch other shows: they don't interest me.

People who bitch about "reality" shows because they say "it's not reality" are really missing the point. Do you watch CSI because it's scripted? Nope. You watch it because it entertains you. Using the word "reality" to describe anything on TV is really a misnomer, something a TV critic came up with that has been latched onto. Even the most unscripted unmanipulated reality show has to be edited to fit into its timeslot, which instantly injects producer bias as to what to show.

A show's a show's a show, whether it's a scripted drama, a sitcom, or a "reality" show. Entertainment.

Newton
09-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Just say no to tv ;)

SykkBoy
09-15-2005, 01:33 PM
JR, nope
I'm trying to get ionto Reality Show Annonymous myself

first it was just Survivor, then it became Average Joe and progressed onto The Biggest Loser, Surreal Life, Tommy Lee Goes To College and even Gene Simmons' Rock School...but I did manage to control myself and avoid Hogan Knows Best (but almost acccidently watched a full episode when those sneaky bastards at VH1 sandwiched it in between showings of Celebrity Fit Club...

Dravyk
09-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Just say no to tv http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/wink.gifWaiting for Nick to make a cross-dressing joke now. http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/smile.gif

Nickatilynx
09-15-2005, 01:35 PM
am i the only one that watches really shitty tv and then gets depressed about it usually, asking myself "whats wrong with you that you are watching this crap?" - as i quickly switch to BBC or the History Channel - and realize 3 minutes later that i am watching The Surreal Life again.

No , lol

It is some weird sickness.

I pretend I'm watching it cause the wife likes it and mutter constantly how crap it is.

Evil Chris
09-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Hell yeah! Funbrunette and I are Survivor nuts.

But since we'll be at the Pearl Jam show at the Bell Center, we'll have to DVR it tonight and watch it tomorrow.

Newton
09-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Dravyk .. Ren & Stimpy / Cow and Chicken are class ;)

Peaches
09-15-2005, 05:23 PM
I have TiVo set but I bet the Bush speech is going to hose up the showing :(

TheEnforcer
09-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Alright, I'll stand up and take the heat...

Nick, I'll be watching Survivor as well, just as I've watched all the previous ones.

And Amazing Race (better than Survivor)...

And next week's finale of Rock Star: INXS (which I haven't missed an episode of)...

And Made In The USA (inventors compete for a year contract with Home Shopping Network -- actually an interesting show for marketing people to watch)...

And Surreal Life...

And Breaking Bonaduce...

... and I will like them.

That said, I won't watch either Apprentice show or Big Brother, but only for the same reason that I don't watch other shows: they don't interest me.

People who bitch about "reality" shows because they say "it's not reality" are really missing the point. Do you watch CSI because it's scripted? Nope. You watch it because it entertains you. Using the word "reality" to describe anything on TV is really a misnomer, something a TV critic came up with that has been latched onto. Even the most unscripted unmanipulated reality show has to be edited to fit into its timeslot, which instantly injects producer bias as to what to show.

A show's a show's a show, whether it's a scripted drama, a sitcom, or a "reality" show. Entertainment.

I've watched Big Brother twice. This years and the one two summers ago. I've haven't watched The Amazing Race though many people claim that is the best reality show of them all. It never held my attention to watch a full epsiode. I've never watche The Apprentice either. Why watch that when I see shit like that every day here in the real world? Seen plenty of people come in this biz and make it big.

TheEnforcer
09-15-2005, 05:36 PM
I have TiVo set but I bet the Bush speech is going to hose up the showing :(

Bush's speech isn't until 8 pm central dear. Survivor starts at 7 so you are safe. :>))

Peaches
09-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Bush's speech isn't until 8 pm central dear. Survivor starts at 7 so you are safe. :>))
Whew! I get touchy when my TiVo's screwed up ;)

VooMan
09-15-2005, 06:09 PM
Wow, I thought I was the only person on the planet who didn't go for "reality shows." I don't watch a single one of them...

But ThrobX, you? Really? Never would have thought... haha

pushpills
09-15-2005, 06:20 PM
hmm i'll have to stay away from tv's tonight.

ThrobX
09-15-2005, 06:44 PM
Wow, I thought I was the only person on the planet who didn't go for "reality shows." I don't watch a single one of them...

But ThrobX, you? Really? Never would have thought... haha

Yeah, well, at least I don't sit google-eyed watching "Caliente." :wankit:

Well, so, tonight I'll watch the most scripted contrived "reality" show of them all. And then, when Bush is done yapping, I'll watch Survivor on TiVo.

Carrie
09-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Put me down as a Survivor fan. The only one I haven't watched is the first season, but I did at least watch the final tribal council show of that one.
And The Amazing Race is awesome. Dad and I keep joking that we're going to try out for it, but I'd need to quit smoking and we'd both need to get into shape. :)

Why the HELL did Ty get kicked off of Rock Star INXS?!? He was the best one they had...
Haven't been watching that one on the TV as Dave Navarro makes my ass crave sour buttermilk. Instead, been watching it on the MSNBC.com video site where I can skip the "this is how I put on a feather boa, look like a total faggot, and call it 'style'" speeches from Dave.

VooMan
09-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Yeah, well, at least I don't sit google-eyed watching "Caliente." :wankit:

There's nothing wrong with watching hot latina babes in bikinis dancing to salsa music... so what if I don't understand what they're saying. :okthumb: