PDA

View Full Version : Dump Your Links!

jackson
09-14-2005, 03:53 PM
hey everyone take a moment and dump your links over at my new link dump.

TeenPicCentral.com - Adult Link Dump (http://linkdump.teenpiccentral.com)

traffic is flowing so bookmark us and submit daily!

helix
09-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Or....you can link your dumps at Rate My Poo (http://www.ratemypoo.com/ratemy/poo)

sarettah
09-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Or....you can link your dumps at Rate My Poo (http://www.ratemypoo.com/ratemy/poo)

lolol... I love the reply, but I'm moving the spam..er..thread anyway :okthumb:

jackson
09-14-2005, 04:05 PM
spam? isn't this considered a business thread considering the fact that your doing something to help increase the traffic to your site? it's a link dump lol

sarettah
09-14-2005, 08:49 PM
spam? isn't this considered a business thread considering the fact that your doing something to help increase the traffic to your site? it's a link dump lol

Hmm.. I am considering here....

It was not super spammy, but ti is not an actual business discussion either.

Looked back over you posting activity and decided to give you an ok here. I will move it back where it was.

Nickatilynx
09-14-2005, 09:23 PM
What may I ask is the purp[ose of a link dump?

Does it actually generate traffic ?

Or are you trying to build up external links?

jackson
09-15-2005, 02:15 AM
What may I ask is the purp[ose of a link dump?

Does it actually generate traffic ?

Or are you trying to build up external links?

it already has traffic the page is new but already has a steady traffic base

it's more of a feeder for my teen site

jackson
09-15-2005, 02:18 AM
it's all good either way just wasn't sure why the thread was moved i wouldn't have thought that my post would be considered spam

Anthony
09-15-2005, 02:55 AM
Just saying link my dump imho is spam. It does nothing for buisness on this board.

Nickatilynx
09-15-2005, 09:58 AM
I agree.

Its also sad that he went and made half a dozen quick posts thinking that would earn him the right.

Its also gay that someone would go to all that trouble for a link dump.

RyanLanane
09-15-2005, 10:07 AM
From what I see it is basically a Free For All links page ...

Why would telling people they can get free traffic of any sort be spammy ? Maybe their should be a 'traffic trade etc' type forumn for those posts, but other than that I don't see it as a problem..

For once I disagree with you Anthony... It doesn't do anything major but hey a few hits of free traffic and you never know which surfer would buy. That link could give you 3 sales a week for all you know :) Run through a free site of course...

Trev
09-15-2005, 10:12 AM
We used to have a traffic forum, no one used it :blink:

I'm kind of torn here as it's not really spammy, not really business - but traffic is traffic is traffic!

Anthony
09-15-2005, 10:22 AM
From what I see it is basically a Free For All links page ...

Why would telling people they can get free traffic of any sort be spammy ? Maybe their should be a 'traffic trade etc' type forumn for those posts, but other than that I don't see it as a problem..

For once I disagree with you Anthony... It doesn't do anything major but hey a few hits of free traffic and you never know which surfer would buy. That link could give you 3 sales a week for all you know :) Run through a free site of course...

If this was a traffic board, I would agree with you. As most of us are program owners or managers, a FFA link page does no one any good.

There are other boards to do this at, any newb board, AWI, etc.

Just no place for link to me, send me traffic, let's trade traffic, etc.

sarettah
09-15-2005, 10:23 AM
I still think it's spammy but he can't say he didn't get what he asked for from me.

You're welcome by the way Jackson.

Have at it guys :okthumb:

jackson
09-15-2005, 11:53 AM
i understand where your comming from anthony i didn't realize the board consisted of mostly program owners and account/sales managers i know you guys are re-doing the board maybe you guys should open a traffic trade section

thanks again for moving my thread back to the main forum much appreciated :)

Dravyk
09-15-2005, 12:48 PM
If this was a traffic board, I would agree with you. As most of us are program owners or managers, a FFA link page does no one any good.

There are other boards to do this at, any newb board, AWI, etc.

Just no place for link to me, send me traffic, let's trade traffic, etc.I don't disagree with you what this board is mostly of (ok, diction nazi is going to get me for that), but --

a) Do you also know what the lurkers that make up 90% of all board views are? Nope, neither do I.

b) There are people on this board who do other things as well.

Just food for thought, bro.

Anthony
09-15-2005, 01:14 PM
I don't disagree with you what this board is mostly of (ok, diction nazi is going to get me for that), but --

a) Do you also know what the lurkers that make up 90% of all board views are? Nope, neither do I.

I hear you, that's why we are all chirping in what we think about the subject.

I dont' think it's that big a deal right now to open up a forumn just for it, but who knows in the future.

Dravyk
09-15-2005, 01:19 PM
I hear you, that's why we are all chirping in what we think about the subject.

I dont' think it's that big a deal right now to open up a forumn just for it, but who knows in the future.Yup. Supply and demand. http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/smile.gif

MorganGrayson
09-15-2005, 01:34 PM
I don't disagree with you what this board is mostly of (ok, diction nazi is going to get me for that), but --

:bitchslap (Drav gets a bitchslap for that because he's a writer.) :)

Then he's gotta go and screw the whole thing up by being right. :mad: (:waving: )

This thread would be much more appropriate in the Newbie Forum, the place of freesite owners. The way to totally prevent it from becoming spam is to actually make the post a business discussion. For example "I have a link dump. The purpose of this is.... How do others feel about that? Does this work for.... Am I wasting my time? Can this have a damaging effect?" OK, by now the points across. Once a discussion ensues, if you feel like stating the obvious and saying people can dump their links, fine, but you don't really have to. People who are interested in contributing to link dumps will most likely have either done it already or asked you if they can.