PDA

View Full Version : Bad News...Again

WickedTemptress
09-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Well... We got some bad news last night...

Before I get into what is was though, I should back up and say that there is only one choice for a cable provider in this area, and that's Charter...

Our internet and cable are currently showing up as Cox cable...

Well, last night, Osiris spoke with our cable provider and apparently it's a mistake that we're connected... Something about the fiber optic lines being messed up and our lines tapping into them...

She said they were working to "fix" the problem... Which means that we're probably going to be knocked off-line again...

This SUCKS sooo much... :( We'll be completely cut off from the net AGAIN...

So... I guess if you guys don't see me around for a while... You'll know where I am...

And just when I was starting to get back into the routine of things... :(

Bhelliom
09-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Ah that's too bad WT. Hope it gets solved soon

I personally was always a fan of free internet. There are soo many new students in my apartment this year with brand new dell laptops and wireless routers.... and they don't know how to set up WEP....

Saves me a TON of bandwidth when I'm downloading dvd rips and new games and such.

At first it was even an honest mistake... My laptop just atuomatically connected to the best wireless connection, which oddly enough, wasn't mine... so I was logged on to another account forever.

wow Did I just get really off topic or what? sorry....

What I was getting at was.... how did "your" cable provider set you up with the wrong connection originally ?

Newton
09-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Damn i hope they get that sorted soon for you WT ..

WickedTemptress
09-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Ah that's too bad WT. Hope it gets solved soon

I personally was always a fan of free internet. There are soo many new students in my apartment this year with brand new dell laptops and wireless routers.... and they don't know how to set up WEP....

Saves me a TON of bandwidth when I'm downloading dvd rips and new games and such.

At first it was even an honest mistake... My laptop just atuomatically connected to the best wireless connection, which oddly enough, wasn't mine... so I was logged on to another account forever.

wow Did I just get really off topic or what? sorry....

What I was getting at was.... how did "your" cable provider set you up with the wrong connection originally ?

I have no idea Honey... I don't know how all that stuff works... All I know is what the lady at Charter told Osiris on the phone last night... And she said it was a mistake they were trying to "fix"...

I was telling a friend of mine that lives in the area about it and she said that her mother-in-law spoke to someone from Charter that told her it was going to be 4 months until Charter cable was back up...

I'm seriously hoping that this will not be the case because that will definitely fuck my work up(which is all on-line)...

WickedTemptress
09-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Damn i hope they get that sorted soon for you WT ..

Thanks Honey *smiles* I hope so too...

selena
09-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Best wishes in all that getting sorted out. I've read a few threads about the ordeal you all have been through. I sure hope things improve soon. :)

WickedTemptress
09-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Best wishes in all that getting sorted out. I've read a few threads about the ordeal you all have been through. I sure hope things improve soon. :)

Thanks Honey *smiles*

Red
09-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Oh honey that just sucks. If you get cut off, call me.

Nickatilynx
09-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Are you able to get one of those Verizon sat cards?

Osiris
09-14-2005, 12:44 AM
Are you able to get one of those Verizon sat cards?

Not even really sure what that is man. But I think we'll try and get DSL if it does get cut off since that is working in the area.

WT has been freaking out thinking we won't have the net for as long as it's going to take Charter to fix their lines and the main station. From what I hear it was completely destroyed and will take up to 5 months to fix properly. In the mean time we're getting cable from the competitor and according to the Charter rep it's a mistake in the fiber optics. Not sure how they would get another feed by mistake, but that's what I was told..

TheEnforcer
09-14-2005, 09:37 AM
Dang.. that just sucks. Hope everything works out for you.

MorganGrayson
09-14-2005, 02:51 PM
WT...positive engery and good thoughts.
Blessed Be.
~Morgan