PDA

View Full Version : A very "Monday" Monday

MorganGrayson
09-12-2005, 12:20 PM
Well, here I sit with the computer my husband drove himself insane with all day yesterday. It seems to be working. Now all I have to do is somehow recover all the data I've lost. I forgot to backup my email, so all of that's gone. Like a lot of silly people, I had a *lot* of things "conveniently" stored in folders and on my "mean to" list for writing it down in my notebook. Well...should kicked that "mean to" list into high gear. I'll do it now, of course, when I write humble mails to people...whose addresses are gone, too...and beg for my data. All my nicely categorized bookmarks are gone, too. (*sigh* Tidy little things they were, too, all in nested folders.)

I *did* think to back up all my stories, so I still have a career. I also backed up all the content I'd purchsed. I wasn't stupid enough to backup all the TGP galleries I'd made, wasting valuable space on my new extra harddrive for stuff that's up on the server and will stay there for all time with no extra effort on my part.

Someday I'm going to write a book and make a fortune. I'm going to call it "WAIT A MINUTE BEFORE YOU DO THAT!!!" in bold caps, in red, in a screaming font.

domtheboy
09-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Someday I'm going to write a book and make a fortune. I'm going to call it "WAIT A MINUTE BEFORE YOU DO THAT!!!" in bold caps, in red, in a screaming font.

When you do, be sure a copy goes into polling booths at the next US presidential election :-pearl:

Sorry to hear you've had a bad day btw:(

Trev
09-12-2005, 02:40 PM
It's a royal pain in the ass when pc's turn sour. :(

domtheboy
09-12-2005, 03:11 PM
It's a royal pain in the ass when pc's turn sour. :(

When good pc's go bad, it's a tv show waiting to happen/

Trev
09-12-2005, 03:42 PM
When good pc's go bad, it's a tv show waiting to happen/
The user reaction when the pc goes bad will turn it into a massive success ;)

XxXotic
09-12-2005, 04:32 PM
http://www.runtime.org/ <- get data back prog, should help you recover most if not everything you lost :)

Trev
09-12-2005, 04:38 PM
http://www.runtime.org/ <- get data back prog, should help you recover most if not everything you lost :)
I'll give runtime a thumbs up as well, it brought my personal photo albums and sooooo much more back to me :okthumb:

MorganGrayson
09-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Thanks, guys! :okthumb:

Red
09-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Morgan if that doesn't work, let me know. We have a bunch of recovery programs.