PDA

View Full Version : The PussyCash 2005 NFL Pickem Pool >> Weekly Ipods + a great grand prize & CASH!

CDSmith
09-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Announcing the Pussy Cash 2005 NFL Pickem' Pool

Prizes:

Weekly prize of an Ipod Shuffle.

GRAND PRIZE:

A Sony PSP + 3 games and $500 cash!

Instructions:
1. Go to www.poolhost.com, create an account (if you don't have one already).
2. Log-in
3. Click on 'User Tools' -> Join a Private Pool
4. Pick the 'Pro Football Pick'em'
5. LOGIN: PCash05
Password: ImLive
6. Click on "Pool Options" >>> "Make Picks" and then make your picks for the week... then good luck!

Only a few more days to get your picks in for week 1!
(you have until 1 hour prior to game 1 to get your picks in each week)

If you aren't yet a Pussy Cash affiliate by all means sign up now and be eligible for the prizes!..
ICQ me: 31024634 .... let's talk about getting you some PussyCash!

TheEnforcer
09-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Very sweet guys!! The season starts tomorrow night so everybody make sure to sign up fast and get your picks in!!!!!!!

Newton
09-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Lets see how lady luck treats me on this one :)

CDSmith
09-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Thanks for pinning the thread guys.

A few people on other boards are having trouble figuring out this "weight" and point-spread, so I'll post some information here as well (just in case)....

"Picks are weighted (confidence pool):
With this feature set, besides picking teams to win, players must assign weight values to each of their picks showing their 'confidence' in the pick, higher weights meaning more confident. If there are 16 games in a week, the player assigns each pick a weight from 16 to 1, 16 being most confident. The weight is multiplied by the points earned for that game as specified in #6 above to determine the total points for a win or a tie in that game."

To those that don't know about the spread, a "-7.5" for example means that the HOME team must win by at least 8 points or better in order for you to score a win (if you pick the home team)

A point spread of "+3.5" means that the VISITING/AWAY team must win by at least 4 points or better in order for you to score a win (if you pick the "AWAY" team)

Of course you can just guess all your picks and will still have a good chance of winning. Even the most thorough sports betting nuts out there who scrutinize every nuance of every team's status and history will admit their prediction record is nothing to go offering guarantees about. :D

TheEnforcer
09-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Hahahaha.. oh shit!! I gotta go and fix mine as I went with 1 being the highest weight possible!!

Newton
09-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Welcome CDSmith and thanks for the explanations of the spread ... Lock TE's account quick lol

TheEnforcer
09-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Looks like each pick has a different weight and I did exactly the opposite in ranking values LOL

From the rules page!!

Weights
You must choose a weight or a confidence value for each pick you make. If you have to make 4 picks per week, then you'd need to assign a value from 4 to 1, 4 being the most confident, to each pick. If you win a game, you get 2 points times the weight value you assigned. If you tie the game, you get 1 point times the weight value you assigned. If you lose the game, you get 0 points for that game. If your most confident picks come through, then you will get more points for those wins.

CDSmith
09-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Well that was a great start to the season for some of us. :)

I kicked butt on the weights having given the Pats a 16 weight, giving me 32 pts for the win.

noice. :D

Sunday will be the true test that separates the men from the infants though. Won't be long now until we know who is the winner of the first weekly Ipod.

pushpills
09-12-2005, 08:35 PM
hmm too bad i missed the cutoff for the week, I'm in 8th.

not bad considering I've watched 10 minutes of footall this pre and regular season. ;)

I just used my basketball gambling skills.

TheEnforcer
09-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Did not do very well this week at all... :>((