PDA

View Full Version : Who Else Feels Surly?

Dravyk
09-03-2005, 09:44 PM
So is it just me becoming a crumudgeon? Or is this a more national or more online thing and other people feel it too?

It just seems like more I read boards and such (no, not this place in particular, in fact this place least of all) that it just seems the assholes are taking over.

I know: they've always been there. And: one person's asshole is another person's ally. But overall, is just seems ...

Not only am I seeing on GFY and mainstream boards racial shit coming out about NO. And of course all the incompetency of those "in charge". I was just looking at Buff's Blog and of course one of the comments was "ok, hero, you proved your point, go the fuck home" ...

You know it just seems the more I read the news, read boards, anything, the more assholes (than ever) I'm coming across.

There's a part of me wants to go postal and another that thinks living in a cave would be a good idea. LOL

So, ok, is it just me and my mood? Am the only one feeling this way? (Maybe it is just me. That's why I'm asking.) I know, I need a vacation. Badly. But, that said ... does it seem like the abundant number of fucktards have mushroomed lately?

:)

Nickatilynx
09-03-2005, 09:49 PM
We are just getting old , my friend..

LOL

XxXotic
09-03-2005, 09:53 PM
i turned surly when I hit 30. I'm enjoying my life so much more now :D

Carrie
09-03-2005, 10:09 PM
The fucktards haven't mushroomed, they just think they have something to bitch about now.

I've pointedly stayed away from GFY because I knew what would be going on there. Hell, someone makes a face while farting and they start screaming it was racism. Just don't go there, you can't show these people the light, they don't want to see it.

What I can't avoid is the fucking idiots on tv and radio playing the race card. They've already belted it out by the time I'm hitting the button to change the station.

Dravyk
09-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Yeah, must be the combination of it all.

Getting older (thanks Nick! lol -- but so true), and need a vacation, and the roaches coming out of the woodwork (on TV and boards and everywhere else lately) ... if not growing in number (still a very real possibility) at least seemingly growing louder!

Nickatilynx
09-03-2005, 10:37 PM
Yeah, must be the combination of it all.

Getting older (thanks Nick! lol -- but so true), and need a vacation, and the roaches coming out of the woodwork (on TV and boards and everywhere else lately) ... if not growing in number (still a very real possibility) at least seemingly growing louder!

I know.

I have the overwhelming urge to slap Geraldo.

He has the fakest line of insincerity.

Dravyk
09-03-2005, 10:41 PM
I know.

I have the overwhelming urge to slap Geraldo.

He has the fakest line of insincerity.Not sure why this reminds me of that ... must be stream of consciousness or something.

But I heard a line I loved recently. From the Pamela Anderson Roast ...

"Tonight we're honoring a woman who's screwed more musicians than Napster." http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/wwww.gif

... Ok and from that smile break, back to being surly again!

Peaches
09-03-2005, 10:48 PM
I've been bitchy (more than normal) all day. Best to stay out of my way this weekend ;)

JoesHO
09-03-2005, 10:56 PM
what the hell is surly ?

Peaches
09-03-2005, 11:00 PM
what the hell is surly ?
http://www.answers.com/surly&r=67

Vick
09-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Bravo Dravyk
I am the Curmudgeon King

But put my little 4 year young boy in front of me and watch me melt, want to see schmaltzy to the Nth degree, see us go as Pirate Family to the Renaissance Festival on Monday or watch us spend a week in Disney World

Don't know about keyboard warriors or want to be rebels without a clue but I can understand a good deal of frustration
Out of control Gas Prices, the worst crisis management ever, a culture that embraces pimps, hoes and ganstas over civility and work ethic

Swing a dead cat and find things to go postal over

Newton
09-04-2005, 08:20 AM
So is it just me becoming a crumudgeon? Or is this a more national or more online thing and other people feel it too?

It just seems like more I read boards and such (no, not this place in particular, in fact this place least of all) that it just seems the assholes are taking over.

I know: they've always been there. And: one person's asshole is another person's ally. But overall, is just seems ...

Not only am I seeing on GFY and mainstream boards racial shit coming out about NO. And of course all the incompetency of those "in charge". I was just looking at Buff's Blog and of course one of the comments was "ok, hero, you proved your point, go the fuck home" ...

You know it just seems the more I read the news, read boards, anything, the more assholes (than ever) I'm coming across.

There's a part of me wants to go postal and another that thinks living in a cave would be a good idea. LOL

So, ok, is it just me and my mood? Am the only one feeling this way? (Maybe it is just me. That's why I'm asking.) I know, I need a vacation. Badly. But, that said ... does it seem like the abundant number of fucktards have mushroomed lately?

:)

Shine on you crazy diamond ;)

Dravyk
09-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Shine on you crazy diamond ;)ROTFL! Is that an actual expression, or did you just come up with it? Either way, I love it!!

XxXotic
09-04-2005, 01:17 PM
ROTFL! Is that an actual expression, or did you just come up with it? Either way, I love it!!pink floyd song...

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
You were caught on the crossfire of childhood and stardom,
blown on the steel breeze.
Come on you target for faraway laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light.
Well you wore out your welcome with random precision,
rode on the steel breeze.
Come on you raver, you seer of visions,
come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!

Dravyk
09-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Ahhh. Gracias, Xxxotic.

XxXotic
09-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Ahhh. Gracias, Xxxotic.denada

MorganGrayson
09-04-2005, 08:13 PM
We are just getting old , my friend..

LOL

:bustingup

I nearly did myself an injury when I read that, because that's exactly what I was thinking as I was reading Dravyk's post. I've gone from being the "peacenick hippie with no clue" to being "the Kool Aid Mom" who had every kid in the world at her house - if it didn't involve children it wasn't part of my world - to being the pissed off old lady who thinks the entire planet sucks and is trying to contact the Mother Ship. Honestly, I don't know whether it's a product of getting older or just the timeline of this planet - especially this miserable government.

When I was younger, the sight of an American flag snapping in the wind against an azure sky would reduce me to tears.

Now...I want to be a Canadian.

If anybody had told me that there would come a time in my life where I'd want to emigrate, I would have guffawed.

I'd like to be surly, but I'd much prefer being a curmudgeon. Great word usage, gentlemen, as always. :)

Dravyk
09-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Honestly, I don't know whether it's a product of getting older or just the timeline of this planet - especially this miserable government.

When I was younger, the sight of an American flag snapping in the wind against an azure sky would reduce me to tears.

Now...I want to be a Canadian.
Oddly, Tuscany keeps calling my name out more and more.

Never been there, yet it keeps saying "Move here!" not just "Visit here!"

Ah, the delusions keep coming and I'm not even on anything.

Ok, on a more serious note: Likewise, where as I once thought I could never see myself moving out of this country, the thought seems more and more appealing as I continue to ripen on the vine.

JoesHO
09-04-2005, 10:19 PM
yup I am thinking of where is next too I think if the supreme court nominations go wrong, then fuck it i will keep te house here, but I will rent it out until the fucking sanity comes back to the USA and I will be somewhere esle....

let me know about Spain, Newton I am seriously going to consider it as a residence if things hit the fan here .

Carrie
09-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Ah, the delusions keep coming and I'm not even on anything.
You're just saying that because it's your turn to pass.

Nickatilynx
09-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Remember the Netpond meeting in 99 ,was it, at my house?

Meat passed out on the stairs , bonerbucks Danny having his life threatened (several times by several people) , greenguy and I slow dancing. ( I enjoyed it , despite him insisting on leading on the grounds of that being less gay) Bode smuggling his own bong and weed here. ( for the life of me I'll never understand why ..like sending Ice to Greenland) Sugar bowls full of...well never mind.Having to send limos accross the border for more booze.Adjournemnts to strip clubs then back to the "business meeting"....

A few days ago I was talking to some webmasters about coming to stay for a while.We were looking forward to great meals.The most "wicked" thing was "sending wives /girlfriends etc shopping" so we could play golf.

:(

We're old....

;-)

helix
09-04-2005, 11:11 PM
crusty old fuckers with acid tongues and a hint of bitter sarcasm.

Newton
09-05-2005, 05:53 AM
Dravyk: I can see you in Tuscany, straw hat, kicking back ...

Joe: You will love it in Spain, just let me know what you need when you are ready ..