PDA

View Full Version : Had my first taste of lagavulin 16yr scotch last night

pushpills
09-02-2005, 11:50 AM
Wow! I'm hooked for good! Forget tasting wine I think I'm going to get into tasting whiskey. I never knew it could be so good! It was like a campfire in my glass! Anyone who likes good whiskey would be well advised to put this at the top of their list to try if they haven't already. I'm looking at prices online rightnow, I think I'll have to go back to that bar tonight to get my fix before the bottles arrive.

Trev
09-02-2005, 12:11 PM
If you get the chance you should try Laphroaig 30 Year Old Islay. It's a single malt and it kicks ass! ;)

pushpills
09-02-2005, 12:17 PM
If you get the chance you should try Laphroaig 30 Year Old Islay. It's a single malt and it kicks ass! ;)

The 30yr looks a bit pricey at 200, but I noticed on someones top 3, the lagavilin 16yr was their 2nd place, Laphroaig 15 yr their 1st. Looks like I'll be ordering that as well! Thanks for the suggestion. :okthumb:

Newton
09-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Glenmorangie single malt is a nice tipple with a cuban cohiba too ;)

Trev
09-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Pushpills,
The 15yr is a very good drink, slightly stiffer than the 30yr but still an excellent malt. :)

Newton,
Glenmorangie is a good malt for shaking the wind off in winter. Top choice :okthumb:

It's a shame I'm banned from drinking whiskey :(

MorganGrayson
09-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Newton...my husband's "office mate," the young man I insist is actually his son, is a Scotch drinker. He also adores cigars. (This was the groom of the couple for which my husband got the three day license to perform their marriage ceremony.) This young man likes to sit out on his porch with a good cigar and some scotch. Someday when I'm hideously wealthy I'm getting one of those unpronouceable bottles for him, along with a box of Cubanos. :)

Newton
09-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Trev: I'll buy you a whisky as it will be winter soon ..

Morgan: Will give you a shout when I pop back to Spain, as the best place is Gibraltar for these, and will pick some cohibas up for you.

Trev
09-02-2005, 01:09 PM

Morgan: Will give you a shout when I pop back to Spain, as the best place is Gibraltar for these, and will pick some cohibas up for you.
I'll have to make sure Toni doesn't see this thread ;)

Newton
09-02-2005, 01:15 PM
a small nip on the 19th mate wont hurt or in the flask of coffee ;)

Trev
09-02-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm sure a wee dram won't hurt ;)

MorganGrayson
09-02-2005, 02:33 PM

Thank you, Newton. I shall shout. :)