PDA

View Full Version : I've killed my computer

MorganGrayson
09-01-2005, 01:43 PM
I have absolutely no idea what I did, but I can't get Windows to load. *sigh* My husband is not going to be a happy camper. I'm using his right now, which means I have to try and get used to a straight keyboard and his huge Kensington trackball...not to mention trying to put on at least a few of the programs I need to function.

This really sucks. :(

Trev
09-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Try rebooting your computer, press F8 during the boot process that will bring up a menu. Use the arrow keys to highlight "Last Known Good Configuration" and then press ENTER.

That might get your machine running, if it's not a major problem affecting it. :)

domtheboy
09-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Have you tried using your Windows CD to repair your original settings (just an idea) ?

nlphoto
09-01-2005, 02:33 PM
or at the very least, kill hubby's computer too... get that empathy thing goin... :awinky:

Trev
09-01-2005, 02:40 PM
or at the very least, kill hubby's computer too... get that empathy thing goin... :awinky:
hahahaha :bustingup

Keep him so busy fixing them, that he doesn't have time to yell :okthumb:

MorganGrayson
09-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Trev, my crumpet...the beastie actually gave me "Last known good configuration" as an option...and I tried it...and it did nothing. Black screen. But thank you, you made me feel wonderful by giving me this advice. I don't feel quite so stupid now knowing I tried something logical. *huge smooche*

dom...I'm actually afraid to do anything to it. I don't want to make it worse than I've already made it, but thank you so much for the advice. :)

nlphoto...heheheh...that may get a lot of things going, but I don't think "empathy" is going to be one of them. I am WAY too old to start breaking in a new husband! Luckily, fixing the computer screwups of people like me is one of the things he does. My only problem is that my computer usually falls down to the end of the "when I get time" list. He's got to work until about 5:30 tonight then go to his Learning Team meeting, which means he won't get home until late. He's got some kind of meeting tomorrow morning, but he may get off work early...so I'm looking at Friday afternoon at the earliest for some of his time. Luckily - and making me feel even more guilty - is that if I lose data he's going to take it much worse than I will. I'm allowed to cry and carry on...but he has to be stoic and apologize for things that aren't his fault.

I HATE COMPUTERS!!!!!!!

domtheboy
09-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Never mind, I'm sure you'll soon be sorted and back on with the tutorial :)