PDA

View Full Version : How about a "Book Club"?

MorganGrayson
08-28-2005, 07:56 AM
Would anyone like to kick around the idea of an Oprano Book Club? Something along the lines of a bunch of us all reading the same book and discussing it. It might be nice to pick a book - like one of the classics - that we all know we should have read but haven't. Or we could pick a best seller. Or some obscure little novel. Anything.

Thoughts?

domtheboy
08-28-2005, 08:23 AM
It sounds like an interesting idea, but I barely have time to eat these days let alone read anything of merit :(

MorganGrayson
08-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Me, either, which is why I thought it's time to "schedule in" some reading time.

Newton
08-28-2005, 04:07 PM
I like it .. I have made more time to read business books and technology in general of late and the occasional classic would be cool ..

WickedTemptress
08-28-2005, 08:25 PM
It sounds like a great idea! But, I just don't know when I'd find time to read...

Vick
08-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Interesting, very interesting

SykkBoy
08-28-2005, 11:36 PM
Every Thursday night, we have Family Night (myself, my children, my sister and her kids) where we all do something together as a family. We shut off the phones, computers, video games, etc. and watch a DVD together, go see a movie together, go bowling or minigolfing, whatever as long as we all do it as a family (this is in addition to our nightly one mile walks we do together as a family (well, my kids and I). We just started talking about having a reading night where we all sit down and read for an hour after we take a family trip to the library.

That might be a time for me to do something like a book club :)

How about a movie club as well?

Newton
08-29-2005, 01:53 AM
How about a movie club as well?

Excellent idea

Red
08-29-2005, 10:42 AM
I think its a great idea, except for that fact, that so many of us don't really have the time to read a book.
A movie club sounds good as well and that might be a little easier. I love finding little known independent films that no one knows about, but should.

Bhelliom
08-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Something along the lines of a bunch of us all reading the same book and discussing it.

Isn't that THE definition of a book club? I like the idea. I'm back in school now and have TONS of spare time. I'm lazy.... It's not like I do homework or anything.

MorganGrayson
08-29-2005, 02:10 PM
I think all these ideas are *great.*

I would love to have a "movie club" as well. :okthumb:

Oh, Sykkboy..... :yowsa:

DannyCox
08-30-2005, 10:54 PM
Great Idea!! I'd like to put forward a suggestion for the first "classic" we can read and review....

....Green Eggs and Ham!

"I do not like Green Eggs and Ham, I don't not like them, Sam I Am" ;)

MorganGrayson
08-31-2005, 09:50 AM
Danny, I'd need a quorum to decide this definitely, but I think it's cheating if you've already read it. ;)