08-27-2005, 07:33 PM
There's nothing like being insulted Shakespeare style:
http://www.pangloss.com/seidel/Shaker/

MorganGrayson
08-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Thank you, Sykk! That was cool!! :okthumb:

WickedTemptress
08-28-2005, 01:22 AM
That was cool, thanks for posting it SykkBoy ;)

SykkBoy
08-28-2005, 03:23 AM
It's funny, I always hated Shakspeare, then found myself needing a Liteature credit i high school and lo and behold all that was available 3rd period and meeting my Lit. requirement was...Shakespeare...turned out to be one of my favorite classes (it helps I had teacher who was a total Shakespeare groupie) and even played Banquo in a production of "MacBeth".

“And oftentimes, to win us to our harm, the instruments of darkness tell us truths…”

MorganGrayson
08-28-2005, 05:38 AM
When I was way too young to be doing this...I was sitting on the couch in the living room, reading a book and laughing. My mother came around the corner and said "What are you reading?" I lifted the book and said "Shakespeare. 'A Comedy of Errors.'" The expression on her face was priceless. She learned fast to rearrange the bookcase in said living room. If I was tall enough to reach it, I could read it. (This was without standing on anything.) My mother was fond of thick books containing activities I was *much* too young to read about. Several of them bopped me on the head when I stood on tiptoes, worked a finger underneath the binding and pulled. :)

I loved to read Shakespeare. I haven't done it in a long time, though. I *did* force my kids to sit down and watch a movie...all I remember is that it had Kenneth Branaugh in it, but so many of them do. I said (in my best "Mommy Lecture Voice") "Now, with Shakespeare...you have to PAY ATTENTION or you'll have NO idea what's going on." I didn't have to worry. Within very few minutes, they were leaning forward, glued to the movie...and laughing in all the right parts. Parental bliss. :)

They also learned why I have a tendency to bellow "they who do speak to me...CALL ME CATHERINE!" at odd moments. (For those who don't know, that's a line from "Taming of the Shrew.") :)

OK...movie quiz for you, Lance, and you win a huggle the next time I see you...you always get one anyway, so I'll up it to *two* huggles...:) ...what is the name of the movie that features a bickering married couple of actors who are playing the leads in "The Taming of the Shrew"? I *think* it has Howard Keel in it, but I'm not sure at all. I can almost picture it...but for the life of me, I can't remember the title. Of course, it's 2:40 AM as I write this and I'm a little unsure of my own name, too. :)