PDA

View Full Version : No more Credit Cards, Is SMS/Text the future?

JesseJ
08-25-2005, 02:53 AM
Do you think phones will replace credit cards in the future? With all of the problems involved with credit card billing, charge backs etc.

We have just introduced SMS/Text billing on all of our CuriousCash websites and the initial indications are extremely positive.

I’m interested to know other peoples experience with SMS/Text.

Danielle
08-25-2005, 06:48 AM
Nope.

Hugs,
Danielle

Newton
08-25-2005, 09:54 AM
Very sweet indeed guys .. they were testing out phone delivery methods back in 2001 i think it was for shopping and more. You would enter a site and give all your details including mobile phone number, a separate 4 digit number was then sent to your mobile phone as a text message (sms), you would then enter that number into the website and you are verified and similar to what paypal does with the verification numbers but on your cc statement. Very innovative product at the time. It is just a matter of time before atm's and banking gets to dealing with sms.

SykkBoy
08-25-2005, 01:14 PM
I don't see it replacing credit cards anytime soon, reather, I just see it becoming another billing option along with checks, web900, etc.

gonzo
08-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Do you think phones will replace credit cards in the future? With all of the problems involved with credit card billing, charge backs etc.

We have just introduced SMS/Text billing on all of our CuriousCash websites and the initial indications are extremely positive.

I’m interested to know other peoples experience with SMS/Text.

I dont see it happening in the near future.... but I do hope for some other form of payment to become acceptable.

The immediate alternative is going back to having people send you checks thru the mail and then going in and turning on their access.