PDA

View Full Version : how much slump does the summer slump, slump?

xenigo
08-23-2005, 07:39 AM
I ran into Slavik at a bar yesterday... Convo brought to mind the topic of summer slump.

I see a difference in sales between now, and March when I launched the site. But my traffic is VASTLY higher volume compared to then. And only a slight increase in sales, possibly due to lowering my prices.

How much does the summer slump account for in terms of sub-par sales?

Vick
08-23-2005, 09:53 AM
Actually the "summer slump" has only hit me the last 2 weeks
Many Americans go on vacation at this time of year, this week has rebounded so far but I expect sales to be down a little until after the labor day holiday

Factor in the increase in gas prices over the last few weeks and ....

gonzo
08-23-2005, 10:37 AM
Ive always used the summer to actually bolster my numbers in the past. If you do site redesigns the right way you can find your numbers to be better than normal while other pay sites simply go on vacation.

Sabby
08-23-2005, 10:38 PM
I havent really worked alot this summer. But when I have biz has been really good for me on cam - and I raised my price.

My 2 new girls arent doing so well though :(

Sabby:)

Sabby
08-23-2005, 11:04 PM
It is definately time for me to get to work and make some real money again. Biz did not slump... I did. LOL.

Im starting a new girlgirl act this week :)

Sabby:)

Almighty Colin
08-24-2005, 06:35 AM
Mikefold did a study (normalized for traffic) MANY years ago which showed a peak in March and then decreasing through the summer and starting to rise again about the onset of fall - best as I remember.