PDA

View Full Version : Are you a car nut?

gonzo
08-21-2005, 11:43 PM
Ive been watching a cool new series on the History channel. Its got big bad Bill Goldburg who keeps it interesting every week ripping off the car to show you the guts!

Check out Automaniac if you like cars and bikes! Tonight its the Benz vs the Rolls Royce.

gonzo
08-21-2005, 11:49 PM
Now we got the Bantam Jeep.

spazlabz
08-22-2005, 12:03 AM
Now we got the Bantam Jeep.
Bantam Jeep???
Benz???
Rolls???
dude, maybe i am bit in the dark on this subject but to me car nuts love pretty much anything produce (either foriegn or domestic) from '29 to '73 that can be jacked up to full blown street rod status.....
show me a 57 nomad and i flat out nut hommie!

spaz

gonzo
08-22-2005, 12:06 AM
Bantam Jeep???
Benz???
Rolls???
dude, maybe i am bit in the dark on this subject but to me car nuts love pretty much anything produce (either foriegn or domestic) from '29 to '73 that can be jacked up to full blown street rod status.....
show me a 57 nomad and i flat out nut hommie!

spaz

He was doing a piece on cars of WWII. He kicked the jeep so it would fall apart to see what was under the hood.

spazlabz
08-22-2005, 12:11 AM
yeah yeah man, that does sound cool... I love the cars and trucks from the 40s... every damned one of them built like a tank

spaz

Steady
08-22-2005, 10:54 AM
yeah yeah man, that does sound cool... I love the cars and trucks from the 40s... every damned one of them built like a tank

spaz

The good old days!

MorganGrayson
08-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Ah...*now* you're talking!!

The only man who ever gets to impress me with "his ride" is a man who cherried it out with his own two hands.

Osiris
08-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Not really, I was telling Ace the other day that if I were to win the imlive contest I'm opting for the cash. I have no use for a Porsche.. lol

MorganGrayson
08-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Not really, I was telling Ace the other day that if I were to win the imlive contest I'm opting for the cash. I have no use for a Porsche.. lol

I'd opt for the cash, too, Osiris. Part of that cash might go into my husbands pride and joy, his VW Bus. It's 20 years old or so, but it sure makes him happy.:)

spazlabz
08-22-2005, 07:32 PM
I'd opt for the cash, too, Osiris. Part of that cash might go into my husbands pride and joy, his VW Bus. It's 20 years old or so, but it sure makes him happy.:)
VW Bus is classic!!! those things are great! almost, but not quite as good as the VW Thing.... I have wanted one of those forever :D

spaz

MorganGrayson
08-22-2005, 08:27 PM
VW Bus is classic!!! those things are great! almost, but not quite as good as the VW Thing.... I have wanted one of those forever :D

spaz

Ah...the "Thing" :okthumb:

My husband actually has two VW buses. However, the first one brought us out to California from Kentucky, saluted us...and died. It's in the front yard now. We call it "the shed." It still has Kentucky plates on it!

He also has a 74 VW California Super Beetle. He bought it new and it still runs like a dream.

I have a 79 VW Rabbit Diesel that got my kids and all their friends back and forth all through school. (I occasionally had to stack them in the back seat and make some of them get out when I tried to go up a hilly driveway.) It still runs fine...but I don't drive anymore.

sarettah
08-22-2005, 08:37 PM
The only man who ever gets to impress me is a man who was cherried with his own two hands.

Um, I was "cherried" by my own two hands (well, one actually but who's counting?) :blink:

MorganGrayson
08-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Um, I was "cherried" by my own two hands (well, one actually but who's counting?) :blink:

Ah...fun with editing.... ;)

You've always impressed me, sarettah! :yowsa:

Sin
08-22-2005, 09:21 PM
I have a 'thing' for Lifted, Shiny Trucks.