PDA

View Full Version : Gene Simmons Rock School

SykkBoy
08-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Is anyone else watching the latest "reality" show from VH1? The first episode was great and I'm looking forward to watching more of it

Gene Simmons taking a bunch of 12 and 13 year olds and turning them into rock stars who get to open for Motorhead and he only has 6 weeks to do it.

Good stuff

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/rock_school/series.jhtml is the website for the show.

WickedTemptress
08-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Wicked! Thanks for posting about this SykkBoy, I didn't know about it before.

It sure will be interesting to see what happens with this. :)

MorganGrayson
08-21-2005, 03:44 PM
I've always had a soft spot for Gene Simmons since the interview I saw where he was discussing a movie role he had where he was in drag. He deadpanned "I'd go out with me." :)

WickedTemptress
08-21-2005, 03:48 PM
I've always had a soft spot for Gene Simmons since the interview I saw where he was discussing a movie role he had where he was in drag. He deadpanned "I'd go out with me." :)

That makes me think of that part on Silence Of The Lambs... "Yeah, I'd fuck me" :)

SykkBoy
08-21-2005, 04:09 PM

he was the only thing good about that movie "Never Too young To Die", although it did have Stamos and Vanity....one of my guilty pleasure movies, especially for Gene's "final" scene...over the top cheesy acting at it's finest

MorganGrayson
08-21-2005, 04:27 PM
he was the only thing good about that movie "Never Too young To Die", although it did have Stamos and Vanity....one of my guilty pleasure movies, especially for Gene's "final" scene...over the top cheesy acting at it's finest

Lance...help me out here...what movie did Gene Simmons play the terrorist? I can picture *so* clearly the scene where he left his palm print on the phone booth outside the theater he blew up. Everything else is a blank.

Wait a second.

I think Rutger Hauer had an amazing "fuck the bonus!" final scene where he pulled the pin on the hand grenade attached to Gene Simmons' neck.

I think.

SykkBoy
08-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Lance...help me out here...what movie did Gene Simmons play the terrorist? I can picture *so* clearly the scene where he left his palm print on the phone booth outside the theater he blew up. Everything else is a blank.

Wait a second.

I think Rutger Hauer had an amazing "fuck the bonus!" final scene where he pulled the pin on the hand grenade attached to Gene Simmons' neck.

I think.

"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Rutger Hauer was awesome in that movie and yes, the grenade in the mouth "goodbye" was great. I remember seeing that movie in theaters with my father and we high fived each other after that scene.

If I remember right, the movie was kind of based on the Steve McQueen TV series...

MorganGrayson
08-21-2005, 06:05 PM
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Rutger Hauer was awesome in that movie and yes, the grenade in the mouth "goodbye" was great. I remember seeing that movie in theaters with my father and we high fived each other after that scene.

If I remember right, the movie was kind of based on the Steve McQueen TV series...

Yes!! In fact, I believe Rutger Hauer's character was supposed to be a son or something of the original. My husband and I walked around saying "fuck the bonus!" for quite some time after that. I've got to add that movie to my "purchase soon" list.

Bhelliom
08-22-2005, 10:52 AM

I've always had a soft spot for Simmons since I read his autobiography and found out he's slept with over 4000 women, even though he's been married for nearly 20 years, and has the pictures to prove it.

His fondest memory was a 3some with a girl and her grandmother.

He's my hero

gonzo
08-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Screw Gene..... we been watching "Hogan Knows Best"

SykkBoy
08-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Screw Gene..... we been watching "Hogan Knows Best"
hahaha
I watch that too, along with Celebrity Fit Club...this season of Surreal Life is been pretty lame...

damn VH1 for having a hold of my (limited) attention span.....