View Full Version : Greg Gregory Dead?

Forest
08-18-2005, 10:43 AM
according to a thread at the zoo GG died last night at his some in N Miami

=(

I was just talking with him at internext

Peaches
08-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Refresh my memory - is he an older (my age) gentleman with long hair? If so, I believe I met him at Internext in 2004. Even if I didn't, very sad news indeed. Condolences to his family :(

Forest
08-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Refresh my memory - is he an older (my age) gentleman with long hair? If so, I believe I met him at Internext in 2004. Even if I didn't, very sad news indeed. Condolences to his family :(

yes he had long black and grey hair and a beard

awesome photographer and a great guy in the industry

sad verry sad

Raven
08-18-2005, 10:50 AM
I just saw him in Florida.....is this for real?

Anthony
08-18-2005, 11:16 AM
It's for real, and sad.

Evil Chris
08-18-2005, 11:18 AM
damn that sucks... many condolences.

Nickatilynx
08-18-2005, 11:35 AM
My condolences to his friends and family.

I believe I bought some content from him.

CV productions?

Did lots for CONDOM/Netpond back in the day

gonzo
08-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Thats bad news. He was a good guy and one of the few sane ones left in the biz.

Anthony
08-18-2005, 11:41 AM
My condolences to his friends and family.

I believe I bought some content from him.

CV productions?

Did lots for CONDOM/Netpond back in the day

Yep, him and Paul did a SHITLOAD for us. One of our bigger supporters, through the good and the bad. :(

Nickatilynx
08-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Yep, him and Paul did a SHITLOAD for us. One of our bigger supporters, through the good and the bad. :(
Yup , I remember.

They were always up for putting up prizes , doing workshops , generally helping out whenever they could.

Peaches
08-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Danny worked very closely with him, IIRC.

MorganGrayson
08-18-2005, 11:53 AM
My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

I admit that at first his name didn't register until Nick and Anthony placed him for me. Now I remember.

Dravyk
08-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Stunned and saddened. All I can say right now. :(

TheEnforcer
08-18-2005, 12:03 PM
My condolonces to his family and friends. Had always heard very good things about the man. Well known and liked in the biz.

SykkBoy
08-18-2005, 12:53 PM
I remember working with him when he was writing for the Chronicles back in the day.
An all around good guy. I remember having a conversation with him about the government whittling away our civil liberties through the drug forfeiture laws, something he was passionate about.

JoesHO
08-18-2005, 12:57 PM
WOW, anybody know what the cause of death is/was ?

Forest
08-18-2005, 01:05 PM
WOW, anybody know what the cause of death is/was ?

someone said heart attack

Meat
08-18-2005, 01:10 PM
copied from the pond..

It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of Greg-Gregory, mine and Ernie G's boss he passed away last evening apparently of a heart attack. I ask you all to be patient with us if you have recently placed an order and to let you know that we are cancelling all new orders until things are sorted out.

thank you for your understanding

Dravyk
08-18-2005, 01:31 PM
This has really, for whatever reason, just, I dunno, rocked my boat hard I guess is the way to express it. Guess I'm surprised because it's been so long since I've seen or talked to Greg. But that's how it is I guess when you consider someone a friend ... a long period of time can go by but then once you get together it seems like yesterday, and magically that void shrinks to nothingness.

Greg was one of the good guys. Tall, towering over all of us in height. Affable, very talented .... Had many a drink and dinner with him. A few years ago when Electra and I took vacation in Miami Beach we all had a blast! He had one helluva lust for life. South Beach suited him like a glove what with the women, the drinking, the beaches and the nightlife. He couldn't have been in a more perfect spot to exercise his joie de vivre! He'll be truly missed.

gigi
08-18-2005, 01:59 PM
:( :( :(

Bobbiekey
08-18-2005, 02:04 PM
How sad :( My hearfelt condolences to his family and friends

kath
08-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Just found out - so sorry to hear it. Greg was good people - someone I always looked forward to seeing at the shows. Sorry I missed seeing him one last time in Florida this month... how awful.

:(

JFK
08-18-2005, 03:22 PM
is this Him , Red shirt ?
http://www.fubarwebmasters.com/current/miami05/hotel/z00309.jpg

Forest
08-18-2005, 03:23 PM
is this Him , Red shirt ?
http://www.fubarwebmasters.com/current/miami05/hotel/z00309.jpg

yeah thats him

im so blown away by this and i barely knew the guy

makes u realise your own mortality

JFK
08-18-2005, 03:29 PM
yeah thats him

Sorry to hear that, my condolences to the Family, he was always a nice guy to me :okthumb:

Osiris
08-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Wow... :(

Dravyk
08-18-2005, 03:48 PM
yeah thats him

I think because he was such an institution. He was here lin the industry long before I was. You just think that will always be somehow.

Is there anyone, besides Nick of course and maybe Slav, who didn't buy one of the South Beach Amateurs disks when you started?

As for own mortality ... Yeah, you hit that one squarely on the head, Forest. There are a few folks who have left of us and each time it hits, some harder than others ... Buzzard, Jeanette (especially cause she worked for me for a while so I got to know her fairly well, that and so young too), now Greg.

They say live each day as though it were your last. Some day I hope I learn that lesson. Wish it was today (that I learn it, I mean.) Probably won't be, but ... it will sink in at some point I hope.

Sorry. It just got me all introspective. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. No doubt the contrary.

Sysprod
08-18-2005, 04:52 PM
It's a shame, I've worked with Greg many many times over the years. He was always very friendly and passionate about his work.

He will be missed...

Newton
08-18-2005, 04:56 PM
My deepest and sincerest condolences to his family and friends

BillPMB
08-18-2005, 05:25 PM
That's a real kick in the nuts!

Poor guy, but he lived like a rock star always. I remember a few years ago flying down to meet with him and Paul Howser about a few things. Then we had to go check out some new model prospects.

Then. (nevermind!) :D

Great guy, he'll be missed

sextoyking
08-19-2005, 03:19 AM
Damm that's sad :( Prayers to his family.

I didn't really know him, but remember Paul.....

MikeW
08-19-2005, 09:32 AM
Wow seems like yesterday I was sitting in Pauls house with Greg the whole CV crew and BillPMB back in the old days... damn time flies. Doesn't even seem real. Nothing but great memories of Greg.

Does anyone have information about funeral services when/where? I would definitely be attending.

ThrobX
08-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Really sad. First I'm reminded of Jeanette's passing, then I read this. Greg was a good man, not a close friend but a friend nonetheless (the "bump into at every show and always happy to spend a few minutes shooting the shit" kind of friend), and someone who helped me out a lot in my early days in this business. Always shot great content and was happy to give me advice when I started shooting.

They will all be missed.

Dravyk
08-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Looking around for old pics for the Nostalgia thread, found a crappy one I took with Greg in it from Jan 2001.

http://www.allofem.com/JanVegas2001/d14_13.jpg

Greg is the one that's all teeth with the shades on. Next to him is Ben. Squint and on the left is Raw Alex and Lee Noga playing blackjack.

nlphoto
08-20-2005, 11:02 PM
Very sad to hear this... Paul & Greg were one of the first producers I had met at one of the early IA2000 conventions...