PDA

View Full Version : Good Thursday, Opranauts!

MorganGrayson
08-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Happy Friday Eve! :bwave:

I did the most unusual thing last night. I got off the computer at 6:30 and *stayed* off. Wow. Gave me the shakes there for a bit. I got a *lot* of paperwork that had been hanging around on my "To Do" list done. You know, things like actually filling out the license for the content I'd purchased while the list of packs still fit on the form. I wrote letters to a couple of people and readied a birthday card for an uncle. I moved notes from various stickies and little pieces of paper into the notebook. I watched both "Alexander" and "Hitch" again. (Jared Leto is still gorgeous and "Hitch" is still warm and funny, full of likeable characters.)

I'm back at my greatly tidied desk ready to go this morning. :)

Bhelliom
08-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Morning. Hitch was a good movie... enjoyed that a lot.

I did nothing last night except watch a few older episodes of the Sopranos. I've really gooten into that show recently and have been playing catch up with the older seasons.

So far so good this morning got my Timmy's and I'm ready to go

Red
08-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Morning kids.

Sometimes you just need to get away from the computer and chill. Good for you Morgan. :)

MorganGrayson
08-18-2005, 11:45 AM
It was actually very nice. I sat in the kitchen, watched movies, and dealt with a lot of things that had been moved from one daily "To Do" list to the next without ever getting done.

Bobbiekey
08-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Well, it's not morning here any more, but heya everyone :) I've accomplished alot so far today and the outlook for the rest of the day is just as productive.

Did someone say Timmy's????? mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Have a winner of a day folks

WickedTemptress
08-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Afternoon everybody! :)

I got off the computer at about 1am and then I stayed up and watched an episode of Weeds... After that, I watched some lame low budget movie about a 49er miner that comes back from the dead to kill people when they take his gold... LOL

MorganGrayson
08-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Hey, Bobbie! Wicked!

Well, I got the envelopes to the wedding announcements printed out. I had a minor scare when I ran out of envelopes and thought I was going to have to cut people off my list. Luckily, they messed up and sent me about three times as many announcements as envelopes. The announcements fit perfectly in the computer generated card envelopes, of which I have about half a box. :okthumb:

I'm delerious over this whole procedure because my most cherished eccentric former full-on Goth daughter had to be pulled out of her stupid high school and I'm short on those "moments" that a mother dreams about. But hey, I get to send out actual pretty wedding announcements, so I am content. :D

MorganGrayson
08-18-2005, 02:51 PM
I think I saw that movie, Wicked. Or...a lot like it, anyway. :)

I *love* low budget horror flicks. One of my absolute favorites, that I intend to get on DVD, is "Route 666." It has the redeeming value of Lou Diamond Phillips, whom I will watch do anything (I can't tell you how many times I've watched "Bats." My husband, can, though, poor thing.) and an emotional scene that I won't mention in detail in case anybody is suddenly overwhelmed with the desire to see it.

If you would ever like to see a *good* movie with LDP in it, catch "Disorganized Crime." I've got it on VHS but *must* get it on DVD. I never get tired of watching that movie. It always makes me laugh. Incredible cast, too. :)

SykkBoy
08-18-2005, 03:15 PM
I got off the computer last night for a couple hours as well and introduced my sister to the Religion Of Bill Hicks via his "Bill Hicks Live - Satirist, Social Critic, Stand-Up Comedian" DVD

Anyone who hasn't been exposed to his comedic brilliance, grab a copy of the DVD now:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0004Z33FK/qid=1124392217/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-0222959-5838555?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

Bhelliom
08-18-2005, 03:20 PM
oh my god I love hicks

along with jim norton and doug stanhope... probably my favourite comedians

SykkBoy
08-18-2005, 03:36 PM
oh my god I love hicks

along with jim norton and doug stanhope... probably my favourite comedians
yeah, same here
while I hated Stanhope on The Man Show, his standup is funny as hell and Norton is one of the funniest comedians working right now (other than when he was on Colin Quinn's show and got watered down)

MorganGrayson
08-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Damn it all.
I make these comedy tapes for myself, usually by grabbing suff from HBO on Demand. I can't find the one that has Bill Hicks on it. Once again...I have to tear my house apart looking for something that's going to turn out to be in a dumb place.

Thanks for reminding me, though, Lance. I thought he was absolutely brilliant. Rarely does one get the sad opportunity of falling in love and grieving in the same afternoon. :(

SykkBoy
08-18-2005, 04:42 PM
Damn it all.
I make these comedy tapes for myself, usually by grabbing suff from HBO on Demand. I can't find the one that has Bill Hicks on it. Once again...I have to tear my house apart looking for something that's going to turn out to be in a dumb place.

Thanks for reminding me, though, Lance. I thought he was absolutely brilliant. Rarely does one get the sad opportunity of falling in love and grieving in the same afternoon. :(
I used to have an old VHS copy of his "Revelations" special, but now have it on DVD :)

I think it's his best work and it was tragic that it was also his last work...