PDA

View Full Version : Life is like a box of chocolates

Bhelliom
08-17-2005, 01:37 PM
PITTSBURGH (AP) - Inspired by the movie Forrest Gump, a U.S. man is running across the United States from Newport Beach, Calif., to Newport, R.I.

The cities are about 4,800 kilometres apart. Jonathan Williams is shooting for an average of 40 kilometres a day on his trek, which he has dreamed of since seeing the 1994 movie's title character, played by Tom Hanks, run across the U.S.

The 26-year-old from Connecticut notes on his website that he's not the first to run across the country. But after seeing the movie a decade ago, he knew it was something he wanted to do, he said on his site.

By Tuesday, he was in Pittsburgh, Pa., and declared the city's hills the toughest part of his journey yet.

"Why settle for just having a job and getting married?" Williams told the Tribune-Review newspaper in Pittsburgh, when questioned about his motivation. "Why not just do something different? Why not just live?"

Williams' girlfriend, Sara Hubeny, is tracking his trip.

Williams started in May and expects to finish in Rhode Island in September.

WickedTemptress
08-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Wow... Talk about getting your exercise!

He makes a good point though, one I think some people out there sadly lose sight of... Sometimes it's good to "just live"...

Bhelliom
08-17-2005, 02:26 PM
That line was what stuck out for me as well when I read the article

WickedTemptress
08-17-2005, 02:47 PM
That line was what stuck out for me as well when I read the article

It's a good message. A lot of people are too busy running around worrying about this thing or that... Things that are really, in the grand scheme of things, not important. They forget to stop and "smell the roses" every now and again too.

Osiris
08-17-2005, 03:46 PM
It's a good message. A lot of people are too busy running around worrying about this thing or that... Things that are really, in the grand scheme of things, not important. They forget to stop and "smell the roses" every now and again too.

Why don't you like having fun you fucking prude!? :nyanya: