PDA

View Full Version : Special Car insurance for modified/restored vehicles

RyanLanane
08-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Does anyone know the name of an Auto insurance company that will insure your vehicle for say 5 times the BB Value due to the fact you have completely restored it...

35 Engine Miles
35 Transmission Miles
Redone Body top to Bottom (Teal Paint)
Brand new quad exhause system... duals coming out from in front of the rear tires on both sides (true duals)
Was a 91 Camara RS... Now has a 350 bored out 20 over ... high performance intake manifold ... Would classify it as a Z28 personally ..
750 Holly Carb (little too much gas coming through going to have to change the jets or go with a 650)
Of course some high performance headers (cant remember who they were from - and they need to have the chrom shined so I can read - if i had to guess Edelbroch though)

Multiple multiple multiple other goodies.. Basically a brand new car with all the work I have put into it, good for 150,000 miles. I feel the value is 'atleast' $10K to me, but alot of it is sentimental due to the fact I have been working on it on and off since I was 18 years old (27 now).. I would say more than $10K if you include the sentimental value and what it would cost to do the same thing to another 91 RS ...

I want an insurance company that (yeah I have docs they could look at etc) will insure the car for all modifications made.. meaning I could get in a wreck do 8500 worth of damage and I keep the car and get $8500.00

I would of course expect to pay more for it, but this car is my 'baby' - Mike Fold saw ya post earlier... sure ya rmember me posting some pics over the years, will try to get some on in the next couple of days... Engine compartment needs to be cleaned up biggg time though. Chrome cleaned, etc...

Mike AI
08-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Yes they have specialty insurance for cars like this. You will need to get it apraised by a certified apraiser.

juliansosa
08-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know the name of an Auto insurance company that will insure your vehicle for say 5 times the BB Value due to the fact you have completely restored it...

35 Engine Miles
35 Transmission Miles
Brand new quad exhause system... duals coming out from in front of the rear tires on both sides (true duals)
Was a 91 Camara RS... Now has a 350 bored out 20 over ... high performance intake manifold ... Would classify it as a Z28 personally ..
750 Holly Carb (little too much gas coming through going to have to change the jets or go with a 650)
Of course some high performance headers (cant remember who they were from - and they need to have the chrom shined so I can read - if i had to guess Edelbroch though)

Multiple multiple multiple other goodies.. Basically a brand new car with all the work I have put into it, good for 150,000 miles. I feel the value is 'atleast' $10K to me, but alot of it is sentimental due to the fact I have been working on it on and off since I was 18 years old (27 now).. I would say more than $10K if you include the sentimental value and what it would cost to do the same thing to another 91 RS ...

I want an insurance company that (yeah I have docs they could look at etc) will insure the car for all modifications made.. meaning I could get in a wreck do 8500 worth of damage and I keep the car and get $8500.00

I would of course expect to pay more for it, but this car is my 'baby' - Mike Fold saw ya post earlier... sure ya rmember me posting some pics over the years, will try to get some on in the next couple of days... Engine compartment needs to be cleaned up biggg time though. Chrome cleaned, etc...

Check out http://www.hagerty.com/
They will insure pretty high with just pics on file.

Grump
08-10-2005, 07:19 AM
Pick up a copy of Hemmings Motor News or visit their site, http://www.hemmings.com. There will be several good companies advertising with them who specialize in what you are looking for.

EroticySteve
08-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Cool mods on your Camaro.

While not a Camaro fan myself I appreciate any car that someone has put that much time and effort into.

It may very well be worth your while to only insure it through a standard carrier for it's true value. A car of that vintage should be inexpensive to insure. In the meantime you can pocket the remainder and invest it. I'm not sure what specialty insurance for that car would be but you may be better off, self-insuring for collision/comprehensive and simply upping your liability.

Publix grocery stores in Florida is said to carry little to no insurance at all, they self-insure.

Nickatilynx
08-10-2005, 12:22 PM
I think you're mad. :)

TondaB
08-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Condon and Skelly

And depending upon how much you drive it and where you keep it, the price is not that bad.

Nickatilynx
08-10-2005, 01:25 PM

35 Engine Miles
35 Transmission Miles

That car screams "Tiny penis" !!

;-)))

Dravyk
08-10-2005, 01:36 PM

;-)))
That explains my banana yellow gremlin then. http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/smile.gif

http://www.kidzworld.com/img/upload/article/a1455i1_pants2.gif

Nickatilynx
08-10-2005, 01:42 PM
That explains my banana yellow gremlin then. http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/smile.gif

http://www.kidzworld.com/img/upload/article/a1455i1_pants2.gif

yeah , no balls

Nickatilynx
08-10-2005, 01:43 PM
as I drive one of the biggest vehicles on the road...I think I'll shut up now...LOL

Mike AI
08-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Condon and Skelly

And depending upon how much you drive it and where you keep it, the price is not that bad.

This is the name. I have my 3 of my cars with them.

RyanLanane
08-10-2005, 03:58 PM

;-)))

No, my 2002 Midnight Blue Z06 Corvette screamed 'small penis' :okthumb:

This one more accurately potrays me...

By looking at it from the outside you would never guess what you are going to get :)

RyanLanane
08-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the info on the insurance companies guys... I was taking out some useless wiring yesterday and snapped the bolt off the back of the alternator so I have to figure out exactly how I am going to handle that before I get my tags and insure it now :(

I'll pry call them later today and see what kind of a ball park figure I am looking at .... :okthumb:

TondaB
08-10-2005, 05:32 PM
This is the name. I have my 3 of my cars with them.

Yeah I like them. Gabe's 60 Impala is insured there.

We made the fatal mistake of thinking that insurance on a rarely driven restored classic car would be expensive and didn't think twice when our regular insurance quoted it so high. LOL God was I pissed when I realized how much $$ was wasted on crap insurance compared to what the insurance companies that specialize in this charge!

gonzo
08-11-2005, 12:08 AM

35 Engine Miles
35 Transmission Miles

Steve Grogan will be jealous.

RyanLanane
08-11-2005, 12:19 AM
Tomorrow I will try to remember to take some digy pics and post them for everyone... Keep in mind that engine compartment isn't near as 'purdy' as it was 7 years ago when it was 'done' the FIRST time - LOL

It has been 'done' about 8 or 9 times since then at least... :unsure:

Mike I still remember seeing pics of your Shelby, if you would be so inclined.. I would love to see them again .. The pictures are slowly fading from my memory but it was an absolutely gorgeous car !!

Off till tomorrow ... Oh and Nick, I don't think even you would of been able to talk me out of it last night - Sometimes shit hits the fan everywhere ya go, yesterday was one of those days... And things can only get better now :)