PDA

View Full Version : The Weather and American Airlines...

DollarManSteve
08-08-2005, 02:49 AM
SUCK

My 8:18 flight didnt leave the gate from Miami airport until 10:30!!! Bad thunderstorm had the tarmac closed because of lightning.. and it's almost 3am and I have to be at work in 6 hours. The flight attendants were not very nice/helpful, etc. during out 2 hours of sitting on the plane waiting, they brought us water once and did nothing to let us know what was going on.. or entertain us or anything. Im not impressed.

Sabby
08-08-2005, 03:42 AM
SUCK

My 8:18 flight didnt leave the gate from Miami airport until 10:30!!! Bad thunderstorm had the tarmac closed because of lightning.. and it's almost 3am and I have to be at work in 6 hours. The flight attendants were not very nice/helpful, etc. during out 2 hours of sitting on the plane waiting, they brought us water once and did nothing to let us know what was going on.. or entertain us or anything. Im not impressed.

Im sure a really bumpy flight and a lightning bolt would have been very entertaining for you.

They should have just put you in the air!

Sabby:)

Inabon
08-08-2005, 08:37 AM
shit they donīt even offer lunch anymore. i am flying next time on COPA Airlines (yea yea i come from panama)

Bhelliom
08-08-2005, 10:48 AM
SUCK

Better you were waiting on the tarmac in a Thunderstorm than trying to land in Toronto in a thunderstorm though....

MorganGrayson
08-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Ah...the Airline that screwed up so massively that my eldest daughter couldn't come for last Christmas.

Nickatilynx
08-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Ah...the Airline that screwed up so massively that my eldest daughter couldn't come for last Christmas.

I've used the "Airline Screwed up" excuse too!!!

ahahahahahaha

Umm , sorry..

ahahahahahahahaha

;-)))

MorganGrayson
08-08-2005, 11:47 AM
I've used the "Airline Screwed up" excuse too!!!

ahahahahahaha

Umm , sorry..

ahahahahahahahaha

;-)))

You see before you a man sitting on a limb, sawing merrily away behind himself....

TheEnforcer
08-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Ailines generally suck as a whole nowadays but I can't stand Delta airlines with a passion.

Nickatilynx
08-08-2005, 12:00 PM
You see before you a man sitting on a limb, sawing merrily away behind himself....

Perfect!!! :)

Sorry I can't make Thanksgiving , stupidest thing , before I left IU saw one of the tree branches was overhanging some wires and with storms forecastwed here I thought "before I go , I'd better take care of that" so I climbed a tree , I feel sooo stupid...

;-))))

DollarManSteve
08-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Im sure a really bumpy flight and a lightning bolt would have been very entertaining for you.

They should have just put you in the air!

Sabby:)

lol.. and as Bhellion points out, better to be on take-off than on landing. Its funny actually, the burned out corpse of the airfrance jet is lit up by big spot lights and as you look out the right hand side when of the plane while landing, all you see is this brightly illuminated crash site, not the most reassuring thing in the world!!

I was most bitter that the flight attendants didnt entertain us, when I last flew with WestJet they sang songs and told us jokes during a similar delay.. that's the way it should be done.

Nickatilynx
08-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Interesting..

I've played golf with a guy who has a lot of shares in Westjet , and he is a fun relaxed guy.

Not a coincidence I bet..

grimm
08-08-2005, 12:57 PM
i will never, and i mean never fly northwest through detroit on a stopover in the winter.

thats all i have to say.

grimm
08-08-2005, 12:58 PM
lol.. and as Bhellion points out, better to be on take-off than on landing. Its funny actually, the burned out corpse of the airfrance jet is lit up by big spot lights and as you look out the right hand side when of the plane while landing, all you see is this brightly illuminated crash site, not the most reassuring thing in the world!!

I was most bitter that the flight attendants didnt entertain us, when I last flew with WestJet they sang songs and told us jokes during a similar delay.. that's the way it should be done.

yeah the least they can do is start serving up some bloody mary's:)

Peaches
08-08-2005, 03:46 PM
We are sitting here in the airport for at least another 1.5 hours waiting for the weather to clear - I'm assuming it's bad in ATL - very sunny here in FLL :(

TondaB
08-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Stuck in Dallas for the past two hours. Maybe we will get to leave one day:) I am ready to get home, we don't have this thunderstorm stuff to worry about in the OC;)

gonzo
08-09-2005, 02:09 AM
Stuck in Dallas for the past two hours. Maybe we will get to leave one day:) I am ready to get home, we don't have this thunderstorm stuff to worry about in the OC;)

DO they have red wine facials in Dallas?

TondaB
08-09-2005, 02:41 AM
DO they have red wine facials in Dallas?

No I think that is a Westin Hotel Lobby speciality:)

Just got home and I am tired. Talk to you guys tomorrow!

Vick
08-09-2005, 10:01 AM
i will never, and i mean never fly northwest through detroit on a stopover in the winter.

thats all i have to say.

Airline I won't fly - Continental
Layover I'll never do again - Newark

Combined were a nightmare of epic proportions

But then I've taken to flying the Great Greyhound of the skies - Southwest
It's hard to pass up flying 2 adults and a child roundtrip from Baltimore to Orlando and back home for only $350 total