PDA

View Full Version : I watched "Layer Cake" last night..

Nickatilynx
08-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Not as good as "Lock stock" nor "Snatch"

But OK(ish)

Trev
08-07-2005, 06:20 PM
I've tried to put some time away and watch it, but from talking to friends that have seen it, it's no longer a must.

domtheboy
08-07-2005, 06:21 PM
I thought it was shite, nowhere near as good as Snatch.

Trev
08-07-2005, 06:23 PM
I thought it was shite, nowhere near as good as Snatch.
So it's a fuck'all else to do movie.

Nickatilynx
08-07-2005, 06:27 PM
It started good...

but turned to ass...

SykkBoy
08-07-2005, 06:34 PM
I was pretty disappointed, but went in with high expectations, so maybe that made it a lessor veiwing experience for me.

Nickatilynx
08-07-2005, 06:35 PM
I too looked forward to it , and thus am afraid I may be prejudice.

Then I watched the redone Amityville Horror...it was total crap....

SykkBoy
08-07-2005, 06:52 PM
I too looked forward to it , and thus am afraid I may be prejudice.

Then I watched the redone Amityville Horror...it was total crap....

wow, we actually agree on two movies ;-)

I wasn't a huge fan of the original Amityville Horror, but felt the sequel was better, but still left me very unimpressed...I think michael Bay got lucky with the TCM remake...I think next up for him to fuckup is the remake of The Wicker Man

bah, I'll stick with asian horror for awhile longer...I finally caught "Phone" the other day and highly recomend it. While it was no "Ringu" or "The Eye", it was a damn good horror flick.

domtheboy
08-07-2005, 07:03 PM
So it's a fuck'all else to do movie.

IMO it's one of those irritating as fuck movies that you have to watch to make your own mind up, even though you know beforehand it's going to be pap. A couple of scenes spring to mind (don't worry, no spoilers on the way :p ) that basically don't need to be in the film, and you're left sitting there thinking "What the fuck ?"

Nick - don't even get me started on the redone Amityville Horror, I may burst a blood vessel at how shit it actually was.

In case you haven't guessed already, I do love movies :yowsa:

Trev
08-07-2005, 08:04 PM
IMO it's one of those irritating as fuck movies that you have to watch to make your own mind up, even though you know beforehand it's going to be pap. A couple of scenes spring to mind (don't worry, no spoilers on the way :p ) that basically don't need to be in the film, and you're left sitting there thinking "What the fuck ?"

Nick - don't even get me started on the redone Amityville Horror, I may burst a blood vessel at how shit it actually was.

In case you haven't guessed already, I do love movies :yowsa:
Thanks to Nick, Sykkboy and yourself I've got some free time on my hands :(

Not sure when though ;)

grimm
08-08-2005, 12:24 AM
hmm its next in my ntflix queue so its on its way. watching "the jacket" right now with adrian brody. just started it, so who knows:)

did the chickflick thing the other night and watched "the upside of anger" . it wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be.

grimm
08-08-2005, 12:24 AM
however i did laugh my balls off at wedding crashers

grimm
08-08-2005, 12:26 AM
another commentary though.. 3 of the top 10 movies in america this week are remakes. hollywood has officially gone tits up.

SykkBoy
08-08-2005, 12:47 AM
hmm its next in my ntflix queue so its on its way. watching "the jacket" right now with adrian brody. just started it, so who knows:)

did the chickflick thing the other night and watched "the upside of anger" . it wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be.

"The Jacket" is in my NetFlix queue in spot number 5.....I heard something about Keira Knightley nude scene and it jumped from the mid-30's ;-)

Peaches
08-08-2005, 01:20 AM
Layer Cake is on my Netflix list.

grimm
08-08-2005, 04:32 AM
"The Jacket" is in my NetFlix queue in spot number 5.....I heard something about Keira Knightley nude scene and it jumped from the mid-30's ;-)

2 nude scenes:) and it was a pretty well done movie.

Nickatilynx
08-08-2005, 09:20 AM
I enjoyed the Jacket too.

Watched the longest yard and remembered why I think Adam Sandler is one of the most overrated people in movies...