PDA

View Full Version : England Beat Australia

Newton
08-07-2005, 09:19 AM
With the tourists needing three runs to win after a late- order rally, wicketkeeper Geraint Jones caught Michael Kasprowicz from a Steve Harmison delivery as Australia was 279 all out, three shy of the 282 it required.

bad luck, so sorry, never mind ;)

Trev
08-07-2005, 09:23 AM
With the tourists needing three runs to win after a late- order rally, wicketkeeper Geraint Jones caught Michael Kasprowicz from a Steve Harmison delivery as Australia was 279 all out, three shy of the 282 it required.

bad luck, so sorry, never mind ;)
hahahaha, so close yet so far. Where's Lisa - I need to return the jibe :yowsa:

Newton
08-07-2005, 09:35 AM
I know i would have dismissed them with 1 run behind, but 3 is admirable ;)

http://www.channel4.com/sport/microsites/B/bringiton/bringiton.html

Trev
08-07-2005, 10:25 AM
http://www.channel4.com/sport/microsites/B/bringiton/bringiton.html
I've just lost an hour of my life :okthumb:

;)

Nickatilynx
08-07-2005, 10:33 AM
745 is best I can do :)

Oh Lisa.....

ahahahahahahahahaha

Newton
08-08-2005, 12:26 AM
1808 and he is in the jail ;)

Lisa
08-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Yeh damn shame replays showed that Kasper wasn't legally out eh. ;)

Mind you, there is no way in hell an umpire could ever pick that up in real time, so I'm not really complaining. I thought our tailenders did a hell of a job...tho the fact that Warne and Lee got our highest scores with the bat is a disgrace. Hayden had better get out of this slump or he's goooooooooooone.

Bring on the next one! :D

Lisa
08-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Best score 1650 and in the jail.

Not bad considering if your allegiance is to the convicts you have to play upside down! :p

Lisa
08-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Make that best score 1735...and now I have to do some work. :p

Nickatilynx
08-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Yeh damn shame replays showed that Kasper wasn't legally out eh. ;)

Mind you, there is no way in hell an umpire could ever pick that up in real time, so I'm not really complaining. I thought our tailenders did a hell of a job...tho the fact that Warne and Lee got our highest scores with the bat is a disgrace. Hayden had better get out of this slump or he's goooooooooooone.

Bring on the next one! :D

Oh for fuck sake.

If the umpire says he is out...he's out :)

I watched Million Dollar Baby last night....best acting I have seen since I saw the Aussies appealing for an LBW..

;-))

Lisa
08-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Ok best score 1962, at least the Aussies are winning at Bring It On. :p

Incidentally I agree, if the ump says he's out, he's out (except in the case of Gilly who just walks...dickhead).

Nickatilynx
08-10-2005, 10:04 PM
2006 :)

Nickatilynx
08-10-2005, 10:06 PM

Lisa
08-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Fuck now I have to keep playing! :p

Toby
08-11-2005, 03:20 AM
Best Score: 2674

Trev
08-11-2005, 04:29 AM
Third Test is today here's the betting odds (William Hill)

To win third Test Eng 2-1, Aus 6-5

To win series Eng 11-5, Aus 4-6

Bring It On! ;)

Bhelliom
08-11-2005, 10:34 AM
All i'm hearing is blah blah blah out... spy talk... girl game... blah blah.... no idea what you're talking about

but good morning :P

I think you're talking about cricket? I should learn something about it

Trev
08-11-2005, 10:38 AM
All i'm hearing is blah blah blah out... spy talk... girl game... blah blah.... no idea what you're talking about

but good morning :P

I think you're talking about cricket? I should learn something about it
hahahahahahaha

It's a game that's perfect for spending the day lying in the sun drinking beer, plus even if someone gets totally shitfaced they can still keep up with the game :D

Bhelliom
08-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Sounds like my kinda game... where do I sign up?

Nickatilynx
08-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Best Score: 2674
Son of a bitch!!!

RIGHT!...

Nickatilynx
08-11-2005, 03:02 PM
ahahahahahahaha 3033 !!!!

(yes , I have been playing it since my last post...lol)

Nickatilynx
08-11-2005, 03:08 PM
3673... :)

Toby
08-11-2005, 03:14 PM
3673... :)
:wnw:

Nickatilynx
08-11-2005, 03:15 PM

Nickatilynx
08-11-2005, 03:17 PM

Nickatilynx
08-11-2005, 03:21 PM
4461.... :)

Lisa
08-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Ok i'm conceding defeat on this one. I get too bored to be bothered trying to beat you guys. :P

Bhelliom...The Rules of Cricket ;)

The Rules of Cricket

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Toby
08-11-2005, 06:13 PM
And just how many weeks does this usually take? ;)

Ok i'm conceding defeat on this one. I get too bored to be bothered trying to beat you guys. :P

The Rules of Cricket

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Lisa
08-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Toby, these days a maximum of 5 days. If both teams haven't been in and out twice by then, it's a draw. :)

Longest ever test match I think was something like 20 days...even I'd get bored watching it for that long.

There's also limited overs matches, 'one dayers' (50 overs each), and more recently the introduction of 20-20 cricket (I'm not convinced of the value of that one...the best part of the cricket is that it takes all day, and drinking as a spectator is compulsory...not much fun if the entire game is over in 3 hours...lol). :)

Toby
08-11-2005, 06:29 PM
So, from a few days to a couple of weeks...

...sounds alot like each round of the NBA playoffs, but without all the trash talk.

Trev
08-11-2005, 06:40 PM

The Rules of Cricket

You've just made the game of Cricket sound like the Hokey-Cokey :blink:

;)