PDA

View Full Version : brandxads.com scammers???

Mike AI
08-04-2005, 04:11 PM
http://brandxads.com/ These guys seem to be seeling vapor clicks, for high prices, using high pressure used car sales tactics.

Anyone have good experiences with them? Anyone have bad experiences with them?

DrGuile
08-04-2005, 04:17 PM
they tried.

We told them to go fuck themselves.

Mike AI
08-04-2005, 04:22 PM
We asked for referances, and they could not give us anyone but Python.

:unsure:

Winetalk.com
08-04-2005, 04:28 PM
We asked for referances, and they could not give us anyone but Python.

:unsure:

are you buying clicks for WT?
;)

Mike AI
08-04-2005, 04:33 PM
are you buying clicks for WT?
;)

This was the royal "we". It was Sharky who was dealing with the guy. Sharky just relayed me the story.

I have some people ICQ me very interesting information about brandxads.com, starting to connect the dots.

Put it this way Serge, I think they would be Bad, and Ugly on the GBU.

sharky
08-04-2005, 05:19 PM
I spoke to James from BrandXads in ICQ. Then I got a phone call from Brandon there, who at first stuttered and said he was James. When I questioned the stutter he fessed up that he was brandon and James was someone else.

I asked for references, they told me at first: "Has anyone ever given you a bad reference?" I said no, of course, but I wanted to know the companies they dealt with, and see if I knew any of them.

He continued with his used car sales tactics telling me his price is $.15 cpc with a 10,000 minimum test ( $1500 to start for you non-math junkies). I told him he was crazy. He asked me what I could afford... and I told him it wasn't a matter of what I could afford, it was that I wanted to test and see if his traffic was shit. He proceeded to tell me that he had more to lose than me in this deal, etc. So I told him I didn't want to do biz because I dind't like his high pressure sales attitude.

These guys REAK of a SHADY operation.

Evidently, from what I hear, they did giove me a bad reference! HAHAHA!

Dravyk
08-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Hate scammers. So I did some checking.

Came up with:

- Posts on three adult boards that they didn't pay a designer for business cards. (Now that's really bad!)

- A post on Netpond that they got banned there for repeated spamming.

- That this Brandon guy is also ELink Media through which they sell mainstream clicks.

sharky
08-04-2005, 05:42 PM
They did mention elink media...

but other than that, has anyonme heard of these guys? they just came out of nowhere!

Dravyk
08-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Nope, that's what made me check around. The domain name is barely three months old and goes to a Steve Berg. It wasn't until I found Brandon's last name that the other stuff came up in Google.

Mike AI
08-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Is brandon = BrandOn ???

aeon
08-04-2005, 05:50 PM
I can't believe you old dorks made millions. If you're gonna buy traffic, buy a small test run or two to make sure it's legit before committing to anything larger. If a broker contacts you or tries to push you to buy - that should be the largest red flag there is. People with quality traffic never have to solicit buyers.

References are for idiots. I can buy from the same site you do and lose money while you make money with the same traffic - it all depends on whether you can market to the traffic. If they tout references it means they're saturated as it is and the traffic is overpriced in all likelyhood because it's in demand.

It's pathetic that a pissant like me has to tell you people this.

Mike AI
08-04-2005, 05:59 PM
aeon get your panties out of a wad. Sharky asked for a test, and was turned down. He was told that there was a minimum order - PERIOD. Which is why referances became an issue.

Thanks for your concern and business acumen.

aeon
08-04-2005, 06:04 PM
aeon get your panties out of a wad. Sharky asked for a test, and was turned down. He was told that there was a minimum order - PERIOD. Which is why referances became an issue.

Thanks for your concern and business acumen.
My panties aren't in a wad. If the dude asked for a test run and it was denied that should simply be the end of it. Move on and find another traffic source. I do that everyday.

Unless you just wanna slam the people for some reason, it was a meaningless post. Your buddy is gonna lose his ass buying traffic...that's obvious right now.

Mike AI
08-04-2005, 06:16 PM
aeon, honestly, are there any posts on message boards that are not meaningless?

Peaches
08-04-2005, 06:32 PM
They posted on GFY they're going to be at the show - want me to rough them up a bit for you? :)

RyanLanane
08-04-2005, 06:36 PM
This type of stuff will probably always be rampant in adult as sad as it is. BUT If a non adult company were to have it happen to them (and they were wise enough to know it) and decided to report it to the proper authorities I bet you these sort of people would start to see jail nowadays...

No different from your average SCAM, just like when the phone was invented it took a while for them to go after the phone scammers... Same here. I think the time is coming and we are going to be hearing about alot more policing on the web.

I heard the saddest story on the drive this morning... A Woman who lived in a town 25-30 minutes away WebCasted herself having sex with a minor (minor minor like 7-10 years old) on Yahoo for whoever wanted to see it for free...

They had her in cuffs literally hours later the report said. Absolutely disguisting that people do this type of stuff however with the new technology it is actually becoming easier to bust about anyone who breaks any laws.. I'm glad they got her.. but suprised they got her so damn quickly ! A matter of HOURS? Wow ...

Mike AI
08-04-2005, 06:45 PM
They posted on GFY they're going to be at the show - want me to rough them up a bit for you? :)

Nah just laught at them for me!

:okthumb:

Peaches
08-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Hehehe, you know I will ;)

sharky
08-04-2005, 07:10 PM
My panties aren't in a wad. If the dude asked for a test run and it was denied that should simply be the end of it. Move on and find another traffic source. I do that everyday.

Unless you just wanna slam the people for some reason, it was a meaningless post. Your buddy is gonna lose his ass buying traffic...that's obvious right now.

Evidently you didn't read that I ended the call quickly. My call with them was only about 3 minutes long:-)

Trev
08-04-2005, 07:19 PM

In both posts you've offered top shelf advice that a few of the guests here will do well to listen to, yet you've missed the fact that it was detected and spanked by Sharky as a con.

aeon
08-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Evidently you didn't read that I ended the call quickly. My call with them was only about 3 minutes long:-)
I didn't overlook it but there's no need to even ask if they're scammers/legit if they won't let you test traffic. Last week I bought an ad spot for 3g's a month (which is chump change to most people here) but the only reason I committed to a month long deal was because they had no probs sending me about 10K clicks to verify the traffic. Buying traffic is a tricky game and looking at adult brokers is setting you up to lose yer ass. That’s being as honest as I can be.

The last tip before I go back to meaningless pissing...99% of adult traffic brokers are scams or way overpriced because they know the value of adult traffic that converts and you have program owners dipping in the well who are operating with a much higher margin range than you because they know how long their shit retains. There are exceptions but I'm sure as hell not going to tell you who they are. You have to learn that like the rest of us by taking your lumps. Buy traffic from adult brokers to feed a site or just to test who clicks where - but look elsewhere to buy traffic expecting a decent ROI.

Oh yea...don't spend cash on traffic if you can't afford to lose it because you will lose and a lot. If you do find a sweet spot that gives you a killer return, milk the fuck out of it and don't tell anyone - and I mean anyone where it is.

That's the end of "helpful aeon".

aeon
08-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Here's my last gift for you old scammers:
www.connectedventures.com

I made a very very nice chunk of change off that traffic until they upped the price and got restrictive on adult. I don't even know if they accept adult now because I don't buy there anymore so I don't mind sharing.

You wanna dabble in buying traffic - if they still accept adult, you'll get real traffic but it'll cost. I think it's 800-1000 for a single text link now if they even accept adult anymore.

If you know how to market to the traffic you'll make your money back. If you don't, you'll lose yer ass but the traffic is real and comes in a volume you're probably not used to.

It's threads like this that just reinforce my belief that the old time millionaires int his business would last no longer than a few weeks if they started today with no traffic/connections.

Have fun!

Mike AI
08-04-2005, 11:37 PM
It's threads like this that just reinforce my belief that the old time millionaires int his business would last no longer than a few weeks if they started today with no traffic/connections.

Have fun!

This is a fucking pearl!! :-pearl:

However not necessarily for the reasons you beleive. :p

Nickatilynx
08-04-2005, 11:43 PM

And I be retarded if I was really stupid!!

:)

aeon
08-04-2005, 11:58 PM
And I be retarded if I was really stupid!!

:)
Running dark mailer outside of the US jurisdiction doesn't make you a mensa member.

Buying traffic that results in a return is fucking difficult and expensive. Now you might have an idea of why I'm so pathological about protecting where my traffic comes from.

Nickatilynx
08-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Never used dark mailer.. :)

BillPMB
08-05-2005, 12:48 AM

How naive. You guard your traffic jealously and you think we (let me qualify: I / Me) don't have the same? Give me a break. Aeon and Al Gore for Prez!

Did you invent the internet too?

Dang, I've been around 10+ years now and I've had a epiphany! Techniques that worked a long time ago don't work well anymore! But! Getting productive traffic isn't hard if you look hard.

And if you know how to get free traffic, all the better. (and if you don't, sorry, those classes have closed)

thpppptttttttt! :D

Anthony
08-05-2005, 12:52 PM
I was going to buy a small test for 5 grand from them.

then I saw the post of them not paying for card design.

Pulled it and never called them. the used car salesman spiel was worn out, but a small test for that amount wouldn't have hurt our budget.

gonzo
09-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Update on this 2 year old post comes as a "new owner" has discovered the power of Oprano and google.

Hes whining that I delete this post and says that they no longer do adult and those employees are no longer there.

I do see that they still offer "opt in email" campaigns.

Same dance different record. So Michael Abrami - president of BrandXads . . . no Im not deleting this thread.

Maybe you should have done more research before you bought that can of spam.

Jace
09-12-2007, 12:18 PM
i would just change domain names

http://www.google.com/search?q=brandxads&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

maybe brandxxxads.com? LOL