PDA

View Full Version : Good morning Thursday, Happy "Friday Eve"!

MorganGrayson
08-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Good morning, Opranauts! Let's all have a productive day.
Or failing that, let's all hang out in the Lounge and eat junk food and watch movies. :)

Bhelliom
08-04-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm up for the movies.... getting a little sick of junk food though... was actually thinking about eating an apple today. (Very out of Character for me)

Who liked the new CHarlie and the Chocolate Factory? Tim Burton and Johnny Depp rule

MorganGrayson
08-04-2005, 12:53 PM
I'll make a platter of apple slices, sharp cheddar cheese and wheat crackers. :okthumb:

Haven't seen the movie yet. Waiting for the DVD, per usual.

*sigh* I despise remakes, though, even though I agree, Johnny Depp and Tim Burton rule.

Bhelliom
08-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Generally speaking I would agree with you Morgan that remakes aren't usually as good.

But in this case, Dahl actually said he didn't like the original movie as it wasn't what he meant from the book. This one is supposed to be closer to the original intentions.

It is also much darker(as per Tim Burton) and there seem to be more insinuations (I just used a big word correctly in a sentence) about the true intentions of WIlly Wonka.

I enjoyed it much more than the original.

I love sharp cheese and crackers and apples.

Here's a recipe for you

take a small brick of Havarti cheese.
Put it on a pan and Wrap a tube of Pillsbury Crescent rolls around it.

Cook it all at a lower temp than the intructions on the crescent roll wrapper and for a little longer (to make up for the lower temp)

This allows the cheese time to melt inside

Sounds good already right?

well it gets better.

While that is cooking, cut up a lot of pears into slices.

now the coup-de-grace

serve the concoction hot.
slice off a chunk of melted cheese and crescent roll and put it on a pear slice.

Eat.

Have orgasm cause its soo deliciously good.

Trev
08-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Happy Friday's eve to you both :)

MorganGrayson
08-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Happy "Friday Eve," crumpet! :D

Oh, Bhelliom, that sounds magnificent! :D We do baked brie with pillsbury crescent rolls 'round here. I'm going to try your recipe, hopefully this weekend! Thank you! (I love doing something "special" on the weekend to make up for the fact that so much work/school goes on around here that weekdays basically, well, suck.)

Bhelliom
08-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Brie huh? That sounds good... what do you serve it with? if anything?

Let me know if you enjoy the havarti thing as much as I do.

But really if you try it the key is to cook it at a lower temp for longer... otherwise the cheese doesn't melt properly. You just have to watch the dough and pull it out when its browned and looks cooked