PDA

View Full Version : Gym Time

Newton
08-03-2005, 11:03 PM
Does anyone here still make time to go to the gym and work out regularly?

What's your routine and for how long?

Bhelliom
08-04-2005, 11:11 AM
if by work out you mean doing something other than lifting beer bottle to lips? then no...

Although I was planning on it when I go back to school next semester since I have a free gym membership

grimm
08-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Does anyone here still make time to go to the gym and work out regularly?

What's your routine and for how long?

i have most of the equipment i need in house. i go to the gym as a break from the mundanity, or if a friend is up for going, or to shoot hoops, work on the ellipse or do proper squats, and other things i dont have the equipment at home to do safely.

at home i do curcuit training 3-4 days a week, takes about 30 minutes. dumbells twice to 3 times to work muscles that are eaiser to work with free weights. 1/2 hour of sustained cardio 5 days a week. do rehab excercises focusing on my right knee for 15 minutes a day, 4 days a week, but never 3 days in a row, purely theraputic. my quads and hamstrings are the only thing holding my kneecap in place.

everything i do is focused on building strength in areas that are prone to aches and pains, or injury. but mostly focus on burning fat and increasing overall energy and stamina. im not looking to get any bigger than i already am:)

Anthony
08-04-2005, 11:50 AM
30 to 45 minutes max.

Two muscle groups, large and small, preferably synergistic. Ie. Shoulders with Traps; Chest with triceps.

I go about 3 to 4 times a week.

Trev
08-04-2005, 11:53 AM
I stand up and sit down every now and then, as soon as my boy understands "get dad another beer" that'll become less than it is now. ;)

Steady
08-04-2005, 12:23 PM
I spend about 3 to 4 days a week. I normally spend about 2 hrs in the gym. 45 minutes doing cardio... the rest of the time lifting weights.
I have been doing this for the past 20 + years. Before the gym I was a tennis instructor and a runner.

I used to be obsessed with the gym...6 days a week. During that time I was know as a gym rat. :)

Newton
08-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Gym Rat ;) and its cool so at least some people still having an exercise regime. I had a break from the gym for about 8 months so over the next week I don't expect to be able to tie a tie .. I love that pain and want my bricks back ;) for those that do, here's a whey shake for you :okthumb: .

Red
08-05-2005, 09:56 AM
My workout consists of walking the dog a few times a day and then I have my night time routine of leg lifts, squats, back arches, pelvic thrusts, etc. ;)

Steady
08-05-2005, 10:10 AM
I have my night time routine of leg lifts, squats, back arches, pelvic thrusts, etc.

Red, I take it you mean exercises, and not extra carricula activities? :unsure: