PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow my wife will have cardiac arrest

Jace
08-02-2005, 11:50 PM
Tomorrow morning my wife will undergo heart sugery to get rid of a heart condition she had since she was born

read about it here:
http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4785

read about what she is having done here:
http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic2957.htm

I am only posting this cause I don't feel like icq'ing people close to me to tell them to pray for her, or keep her in their thoughts...this was a quick way to hit everyone at once

The reason we are worried is because this is the second time she has had this attempted, she is in the .01% of people that has the problem where normal medical equipment couldn't get to

They have to induce cardiac arythmia in order to find it, and sever it with radio frequency waves

anyway, we are very tense here tonight

i am going to bed right now, and won't wake until we drive her to the hospital...and won't be checking email, icq or this thread until tomorrow afternoon, after it is all over

just pray for my wife tomorrow morning between the hours of 9am-12pm...please..i don't want to loose my baby, and as routine as all the articles and information say it is, nothing about the heart is routine to me

i love my wife, and don't want to lose her........

sarettah
08-02-2005, 11:52 PM
Jace, I sincerely hope that everything goes well for your wife and family.

I don't know what else to say except chin up you know. She needs you right now. Stay strong.

Nickatilynx
08-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Jace ,all the very very best , mate .

Lisa
08-03-2005, 12:06 AM
Jace, I can only wish you and your wife the very best of luck, and excellent medical care. Hopefully she will pull thru ok.

Newton
08-03-2005, 12:11 AM
Jace will be thinking of you guys :okthumb:

Anthony
08-03-2005, 12:13 AM
All my best Jace to you and your missus.

JoesHO
08-03-2005, 12:23 AM
Jace, I wish you all te best .

gonzo
08-03-2005, 12:40 AM
I wont be in town to be around for assistance but my prayers and heart will go out for you from Florida.

Good luck and Godspeed Tabitha Stern.

Trev
08-03-2005, 05:06 AM
I'm hoping everything goes well for you and your wife Jace.

MrBagg
08-03-2005, 06:49 AM
Jace, a girlfriend of mine just recently went through a similar heart surgery within the last week, shes 23 and has gone through 6 or 7 heart surgeries in her life, some more drastic than others and all have had great outcomes, i hope everything goes welll with your wife, best thing for her to do is remain positive through this very frightening stage of her life, you also have to be strong for her since she will lean on you for support and the will to come through it fine.

Best of luck
sincerest regards and well wishes to you and your wife

sarah_webinc
08-03-2005, 07:16 AM
My best wishes.

Peaches
08-03-2005, 08:01 AM
Will keep the two of you in my thoughts today, Jace. Please keep us informed on how it goes!!

melody
08-03-2005, 09:04 AM
It really is a very routine procedure, even though it looks scary as hell. I have a friend who's had it done. Miracles happen on the quarter hour these days.

Still and all, we'll be pulling for you guys in our neck of the woods.

RyanLanane
08-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Jace, my thoughts will be with you ...

Wishing you the best,
Ryan

Jace
08-03-2005, 03:05 PM
we just got back, and my wife no longer has a heart condition

She was wheeled into surgery at approx 8:15, and the doctor told us that the procedure would take approx 2-6 hours

the doctor was a very funny/cocky guy, and about 9:05am he walks out with a huge smile and says "she's cured"....and we thought he was joking...he wasn't

apparently even though my wife has had this tried twice before, each time it was attempted the procedure lasted 4+hours, and failed....this doctor is one of the top in the country, and he foudn it and ZAPPED IT!!!

it may be routine for most people, but the way it was positioned in my wifes heart made it very difficult for most docs to hit it....but not Dr. Beshai!!

anyway, we are all sitting here, my wife is drinking her first cup of coffee with a red bull chaser...haha...j/k

we are fucking happy as hell, and loving life right now!

Nickatilynx
08-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Fucking Awesome!!!!

Congratulations , and all the best :)

I was literally just wondering how it was going

Trev
08-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Outstanding news, I'm chuffed to bits for you both :okthumb:

That's a good thing by the way :D

Jace
08-03-2005, 03:18 PM
man, i just can't believe how easy it was...

here is the funny part though

apparently, sammy does not like to "go under" for surgery...so when the drugs start kicking in she starts flailing around....apparently they had to pull out the wrist and ankle straps...and when she starting trying to sit up violently, they had to push her down via her chest and hold her forcibly and wait for the sedatives to kick in....

now she has this huge internal bruise from where they had to push down while waiting

and that is the only part of anything that hurts on her body...

anyway, very happy times in my house!!!

Newton
08-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Superb news :woohoo:

wildgirl
08-03-2005, 03:25 PM
that's a great news...congrats :)

Nickatilynx
08-03-2005, 03:32 PM
that's a great news...congrats :)
Have you noticed they changed yr sig on GFY ??

If you don't answer this message in an hour , someone please ban her :)

Trev
08-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Have you noticed they changed yr sig on GFY ??

If you don't answer this message in an hour , someone please ban her :)
I think it'll be a mad scramble to push the ban button in this particular case.

Raven
08-03-2005, 04:02 PM
That's great news.....glad to hear she's going to recover and all is well!!!

Dravyk
08-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Very happy everything worked out!! :)

TheEnforcer
08-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Glad to hear everything went great Jace. Give her our regards and warm wishes from everyone at Oprano! :)

MorganGrayson
08-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Jace, that's wonderful news!!! Much congratulations and good wishes to your wife!!! :okthumb: :okthumb: :okthumb:

gigi
08-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Great news Jace! I'm so glad everything went so well!

Now give your wife the rest she needs...she'll be needing a butler boy for a while... ;)

Peaches
08-03-2005, 07:04 PM
anyway, very happy times in my house!!!
:okthumb:

Lisa
08-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Great news Jace. :) :) :)

iamkathi
08-03-2005, 11:52 PM
Jace... I am glad your wife is doing so well. It is very difficult when the one you love is in pain and there is nothing you can do. You have to depend on some cocky doctor to make things better.

I am glad she is ok... now don't you have a radio show to do? Let that girlie rest and recover. Take care of her.