PDA

View Full Version : Lawyers...lawyers...lawyers...

NickPapageorgio
08-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Ok, so today, I get a certified letter stating that I have been publishing a person's name against their will. Here's how it happened.

Any and ALL content I have ever had listed at one of my domains, I would either go to the sponsors list of custodians of records and copy their entire list and add it to mine, or if I had bought the content, I would use the info supplied by the content provider...well...apparently this one person had left Internet Supply, Inc. some time ago, but whereever the content was being used, either at the sponsor or the provider, still had their name listed as the COR. The letter tells me to immediately cease using their name and also, even though the 2257 list has been up less than a year, says that I need to compensate her at a rate of $2,500 per year, for 4 years, for a grand total of $10,000.

#1. The 2257 info I had came from either a sponsor or provider.

#2. The name had been on the list less than even 1 year.

Anyone know these people or how I can track down exactly where or who I got the 2257 name from? Some sponsors that maybe use Internet Supply, Inc. alot?

Other than calling a lawyer...I dunno what the fuck to do. I don't have $10K laying around...lmao...

Winetalk.com
08-02-2005, 02:28 PM
for starters-
you should write back and request the total line by line list of the damages.
Whatever the lawyer writes you back, and he knows it, can be used in court of law and judges are not stupid.

There is a lawyer on one wine board who sent me e-mail and threatened to sue me for registering on his board. I wrote him back that no need to sue and I'll gladly PAY all his damages associated with my "transgression"

I have return reciept that he got it and I never heard from him since.

Mike AI
08-02-2005, 02:30 PM
I hate attorneys!!

melody
08-02-2005, 02:31 PM
There goes that self-hatred thing again, Mikey.

How the hell are ya, anyway?

NickPapageorgio
08-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Actually, I figured out where the info came from. Silvercash. http://sc-2257.com :(

They had the name up according to archive.org atleast up until Feb. this year.

So much for sponsors being on top of things. :( This sucks...

NickPapageorgio
08-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Actually, I figured out where the info came from. Silvercash. http://sc-2257.com :(

They had the name up according to archive.org atleast up until Feb. this year.

So much for sponsors being on top of things. :( This sucks...

And I see that the Internet Supply, Inc. listing still has the "Custodian of records:" with the colon...but no name ;)

They must have got a letter similar to mine. :D

Mike AI
08-02-2005, 02:36 PM
There goes that self-hatred thing again, Mikey.

How the hell are ya, anyway?

:D I am doing great Mel!! Thanks for asking!!

I knew after my first week in law school that I was going to despise most attorneys. They are the largest threat to te United States. Most are just a pack of hyenias.

NickPapageorgio
08-02-2005, 02:37 PM
:D I am doing great Mel!! Thanks for asking!!

I knew after my first week in law school that I was going to despise most attorneys. They are the largest threat to te United States. Most are just a pack of hyenias.

Hyenas on high dollar cocaine is more like it...

Mike AI
08-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Hyenas on high dollar cocaine is more like it...

Yeo, and law schools continue to crank them out..... nothing scarier then thousands of starving hyenas running around looking for their next meal!

NickPapageorgio
08-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Ok, the letter I got today said for me to remove her name AND pay her compensation for 4 plus years of having the name up. I created the 2257.htm document on April 22, 2005 so you do the math. I didn't think she could ask for compensation unless I was WILFULLY posting her name against her will. Am I wrong on that one?

Winetalk.com
08-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Ok, the letter I got today said for me to remove her name AND pay her compensation for 4 plus years of having the name up. I created the 2257.htm document on April 22, 2005 so you do the math. I didn't think she could ask for compensation unless I was WILFULLY posting her name against her will. Am I wrong on that one?

you don't listen...
WHAT ARE HER ACTUAL DAMAGES?

after you are given the "exact number" and how it happened,
you gotta ask for you PRORATED SHARE, as you weren't alone,
but don't raise PRORATED issue a priori.

Winetalk.com
08-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Lawyers demand letters don't mean shit by themselves. Remember "confucy's" demand letters I was getting from her lawyer? Haven't saved old cook's neck from Kevin Mitnick and judgement.
:)

MorganGrayson
08-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Nick...this individual has to prove damages.
A letter from an attorney is just mail. That's all. Mail.
People who actually have claims file suits and someone comes to your door, knocks on it, and hands you a subpoena. (Sometimes those come in the mail, too, but they're serious.) Attorneys count on people being uninformed and frightened and therefore writing a check.
Even getting a judgement doesn't necessarily mean anything. My husband co-signed for one of our daughter's and her friend's rents. Due to a long and silly story, we ended up getting sued by the landlord. We lost. She got a judgement that we owed her X amount of dollars. I was frightened until my husband said "forget about it; winning is one thing, collecting quite another." We never heard another thing from the landlord. Apparently she's just a court fan and was satisfied with her little piece of paper.
Never get nervous too soon. :okthumb:

NickPapageorgio
08-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Nick...this individual has to prove damages.
A letter from an attorney is just mail. That's all. Mail.
People who actually have claims file suits and someone comes to your door, knocks on it, and hands you a subpoena. (Sometimes those come in the mail, too, but they're serious.) Attorneys count on people being uninformed and frightened and therefore writing a check.
Even getting a judgement doesn't necessarily mean anything. My husband co-signed for one of our daughter's and her friend's rents. Due to a long and silly story, we ended up getting sued by the landlord. We lost. She got a judgement that we owed her X amount of dollars. I was frightened until my husband said "forget about it; winning is one thing, collecting quite another." We never heard another thing from the landlord. Apparently she's just a court fan and was satisfied with her little piece of paper.
Never get nervous too soon. :okthumb:

I'm always nervous lol...like a skittish rat. :(

MorganGrayson
08-02-2005, 06:27 PM
I'm always nervous lol...like a skittish rat. :(

Want a hug? :)

Winetalk.com
08-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Want a hug? :)

MG,
it would take more than hug to calm me down
;)

MorganGrayson
08-02-2005, 06:54 PM
MG,
it would take more than hug to calm me down
;)

Well, now.
First I have to know: do you want to be calm...or do you want to become unconscious?

And will you sign a release?

:yowsa:

Nickatilynx
08-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Serge , you are still the only person I know that has fucked and been fucked by an attorney.

Usually it is a one way street....

;-))

SykkBoy
08-02-2005, 06:57 PM
speaking of lawyers, I may be on the lookout for a shark of a divorce attorney ;-)

NickPapageorgio
08-02-2005, 07:09 PM
speaking of lawyers, I may be on the lookout for a shark of a divorce attorney ;-)

Know why a divorce is so expensive?

Cause it's worth every penny. :D

I know I know...oldie...

SykkBoy
08-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Know why a divorce is so expensive?

Cause it's worth every penny. :D

I know I know...oldie...

I'm finding this out ;-)

Winetalk.com
08-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Well, now.
First I have to know: do you want to be calm...or do you want to become unconscious?

And will you sign a release?

:yowsa:

whatever is kinkier and YES, I'll sign anything, and I am 2257 compatable
;)

Winetalk.com
08-03-2005, 06:01 AM
Serge , you are still the only person I know that has fucked and been fucked by an attorney.

Usually it is a one way street....

;-))

wanna run the paysite as a joint venture? I have pics
:)