PDA

View Full Version : What will the future war between Canada and Denmark be called?

Rolo
07-30-2005, 08:06 PM
As the canadian warmongers keep adding to the fire regarding ownership of Hans Island, and talking about possible military intervention (like the US did before invading Iraq), then I wonder what the war between Canada and Denmark will be called... Vote, and help me find the perfect domain for this historic event ;-))

Rolo
07-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Oh, so you do not belive that laid-back Canada suddenly is a war hungry nation? Well, true enough, they do not have an actual army that could fight the war, but that doesn´t stop their rhetoric:

Canada´s Defence Minister Bill Graham said: "It's Canada, and I went there just as I would have gone anywhere else in the Arctic"!

Sounds familiar? Just look here...

Germany's former Dictator Adolf Hitler: "What we have to fight for is the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the creator"!

And canadian sites are popping up with detailed danish military plans:

http://www.sfu.ca/casr/id-arcticviking2.htm (Royal Danish Air Force in Greenland)

http://www.sfu.ca/casr/id-arcticviking3.htm (Royal Danish Navy in Greenlandic Waters)

http://www.sfu.ca/casr/id-arcticviking4.htm (Danish Capabilities on Land)

You do not see the same interest in the canadian military (prehaps because there is no canadian military?) by danish people... Canada have finally dropped their "treehugger" disguise, and put on their napoleon hats...

Today Hans Island - Tomorrow The World...

Trev
07-30-2005, 08:10 PM
As the canadian warmongers keep adding to the fire regarding ownership of Hans Island, and talking about possible military intervention (like the US did before invading Iraq), then I wonder what the war between Canada and Denmark will be called... Vote, and help me find the perfect domain for this historic event ;-))
I'm going with "WHOOT ANOTHER WAR*" and "over quick"...

* I'm trying to live up to the new GFY tag :)

TheEnforcer
07-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Canada and Denmark in a war? hmm.. that would be......... odd :scratchin

MorganGrayson
07-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Rolo...is "youvegottobekidding.com" open?

Newton
Battle of the Maple Danish ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Island some background info

Rolo
Canada and Denmark in a war? hmm.. that would be......... odd :scratchin

They are already at war on Google:

International incident escalates to Google war

A Row between Canada and Denmark over who owns a lump of icy rock in the Artic has been shifted onto Google.

According to Reuters a Canadian man is dueling an unknown Dane over who really owns the disputed lump of rock in a war of Google ads.

The pair have placed online ads about which country controls the 1.3 square km (half a square mile) Hans Island, located between Canada's Ellesmere Island and Greenland, which belongs to Denmark.

Toronto author Rick Broadhead said he bought the ads on Google after spotting a Danish ad that said "Does Hans sound Canadian? Danish name, Danish island."

The ad, which sent the Canadian out clubbing, linked to the Danish foreign ministry's Web site and a copy of a protest letter Copenhagen sent Ottawa after Canada's defence minister visited the island. Broadhead's ad show a large Canadian Maple Leaf flag, and it now carries the message: "Hans Island is Canadian."
Apparently the matter is getting a lot of attention in Canada at the moment because it is summer silly season and there is little news

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24981

Rolo
07-30-2005, 08:33 PM
Rolo...is "youvegottobekidding.com" open?

Sadly, no - it was registered in april 2002 :-(

Rolo
07-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Actual the danes should try and take back Newfoundland, since they "found" it hundreds of years before the british - they later gave Newfoundland to the canadians... in 1000 AD vikings set foot on the american continent (500 years before Columbus).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Anse_aux_Meadows

I´m sure they can find a map from the sagas that tells the route, and can be used in international law ;-)))

MorganGrayson
07-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Sadly, no - it was registered in april 2002 :-(

That's too bad. :(

How about "thepiffleheardroundtheworld.com"?

I wish I could get the mental image of that guy from the beer movie saying "Snowballs at twenty paces, eh?" out of my head....

Nickatilynx
07-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Danesbitchslapped.com ?

Rolo
07-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Danesbitchslapped.com ?

A very likely outcome, however since the US Army has the Thule Air Base nearby http://www.thule.af.mil/ then I think the winner will be whoever gets the US on its side... Denmark is in the "coalition of the willing" ;-))

Nickatilynx
07-30-2005, 10:18 PM
The ice ice babies War?
The cathartic in the artic?
The Great Snowball fight?

Rolo
07-30-2005, 10:40 PM
The Great Snowball fight?

HAHAHA - Got a nice ring to it :okthumb:

DannyCox
07-31-2005, 03:07 PM
I think we Canadians should just play a game of hockey against the Danes for it. But instead of on the ice, we'll play Street Hockey, right on Hans Rock...er...Island. We'll even bring cars in so every few minutes, someone can yell "CAR!", and then when it passes, yell "GAME ON!". We can then have 20 or 30 players a side, at once, and the goalies will be required to use newspaper for shin and chest pads, wear an old football helmet and use a baseball glove as a catcher. What am I missing??

Just let me know the outcome...

Evil Chris
08-01-2005, 11:26 AM
I think we Canadians should just play a game of hockey against the Danes for it. But instead of on the ice, we'll play Street Hockey, right on Hans Rock...er...Island. We'll even bring cars in so every few minutes, someone can yell "CAR!", and then when it passes, yell "GAME ON!". We can then have 20 or 30 players a side, at once, and the goalies will be required to use newspaper for shin and chest pads, wear an old football helmet and use a baseball glove as a catcher. What am I missing??

Just let me know the outcome...hahaha... I love that suggestion.

MorganGrayson
08-01-2005, 02:13 PM

Just let me know the outcome...

All you're missing is someone's Mom to yell for dinner, and the kid who owns the puck takes it inside, thus ending the game, and the Canadians and the Danes say the hell with it and go out for beer and talk the whole thing over like adults.

The way all wars should end.

DannyCox
08-01-2005, 02:35 PM
That's right! I forgot all about Mom in the mix. But we have to wait until she yells for the 5th time, and follows it up with "Don't make me come out there and get you!"

Nickatilynx
08-01-2005, 02:54 PM
"Mum" is what The UN Should have been.