PDA

View Full Version : I must be a masochist....

sarettah
07-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Somewhere along the way, I volunteered my house as the party place for my daughters softball team. So, this morning it finally dawned on me that I am gonna have anywhere from 30-50 people here tommorrow (15 girls on the team and all their families are the potential)

Anyway, I have spent the day cleaning the pool, trimming bushes, trimming trees, mowing the lawn and just in general picking up and putting stuff away.

Now, it's miller time :yowsa:

MorganGrayson
07-30-2005, 07:31 PM
No, sarettah, you're just a good Dad. :okthumb:

Someday I'll tell you about the Easter Egg Dyeing Party I had for 15 little girls when my kids were young. They had cake, ice cream and much etc. inside the house and dyed the eggs on the picnic table on the front porch. The PTA cheerfully volunteered to have me committed. :lol:

The kids had a great time. :thumbup:

sarettah
07-31-2005, 11:36 PM
Well, party just ended.

All the kids had a great time. Ended up with 12 of the 15 kids showing up and then some of the parents and one or 2 sisters and brothers. Probably about 45 people at the maximum point.

Now, to catch up on work I should be doing :)

Trev
08-01-2005, 03:32 AM
Well, party just ended.

All the kids had a great time. Ended up with 12 of the 15 kids showing up and then some of the parents and one or 2 sisters and brothers. Probably about 45 people at the maximum point.

Now, to catch up on work I should be doing :)
Wow! That's a lot of bodies, I've got it all to come I guess :unsure:

MorganGrayson
08-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Wow! That's a lot of bodies, I've got it all to come I guess :unsure:

Yes, Trev. It's all coming at you...fast.
Oh...try not to make too many "*I'll* sure never do that!" statements along the way. Because...you will. Oh, yes, whatever it is...you'll do it.

And your child WILL let you know at 9PM that he needs a frog costume for *tomorrow* morning, too. *sigh* Mine did. Literally a frog costume. (Green t-shirt, tights, and the Halloween make-up Mommy had the sheer good sense to confiscate after Halloween and put away in a safe place.)

Trev
08-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Yes, Trev. It's all coming at you...fast.
Oh...try not to make too many "*I'll* sure never do that!" statements along the way. Because...you will. Oh, yes, whatever it is...you'll do it.

And your child WILL let you know at 9PM that he needs a frog costume for *tomorrow* morning, too. *sigh* Mine did. Literally a frog costume. (Green t-shirt, tights, and the Halloween make-up Mommy had the sheer good sense to confiscate after Halloween and put away in a safe place.)
You've got me all excited about the future now :blink:

MorganGrayson
08-01-2005, 03:21 PM
You've got me all excited about the future now :blink:

It *is* exciting, Trev. Just remember:

All costumes are to be confiscated after the original event and put in "a costume box," to be kept in a safe place. All garments of Mummy and Daddy that you look and go "hmmm..." go into the box, too. Especially hats.
All Halloween makeup, ditto.
*Always* have construction paper, glue, tape and markers on hand. (You'd be amazed how happy a child will be with a construction paper costume, or parts thereof.)
Never, ever throw out a shoebox. Valentines Day and diorama making will be so much easier. (And if you don't know what a diorama is...you will.)

My youngest keeps telling me to write a book. I may someday.