PDA

View Full Version : I've crossed to the other side

Nymph
07-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Hello everyone :wavey:

I know there probably isn't a soul in here that knows me, but I started in the adult biz back in '97. With all the hoopla lately that it's been going through, I've closed down almost all my adult projects...except my traffic sites.

I bought my first mainstream domain back in 2000. I mostly just dabbled in it for a couple years...it was my deversion, my stress relief when all the naked bodies started looking the same.

About 2 years agao I decided to get more into mainstream projects, bought a few more domains, and started new projects. I'll admit the money isn't coming in like it was in the "hay days" of adult, but it is coming in. There isn't as much stress involved either, except when it comes to looking for decent sponsors...they still don't have their shit together on that one.

I must say I enjoy building & maintaining sites more now than I ever have. I build for what I know, or at least what I enjoy. Most of my stuff you could say is geared toward women, but I'm sure I get some male visitors also. I haven't done the ebay thing yet, but it's coming. As soon as the dust settles, I'll be opening up one of the two stores I've been planning for awhile.

Anyways, best of luck to everyone in all their ventures, no matter what side of the fence you are standing on, or even if you are sitting on it like I am, we are all in the biz to make money.

Have a good one!

Newton
07-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Excellent Nymph, would love to see your mainstream ventures if you are inclined. The very best of luck in your mainstream endeavours ;)

Trev
07-30-2005, 02:50 PM
Congratulations Nymph, good to see your enjoying mainstream :D

MorganGrayson
07-30-2005, 03:37 PM
Hello, Nymph! What a lovely and well written post! :bwave:
Good luck on all your projects, adult and non!

Remember that the Oprano Lounge is a restful, fun and frequently insane place for *all* webmasters to hang out, be they adult or be they mainstream...or be they both!

You'll *love* the male/female ratio in there, too! :bjump: We turn Trev and Newton into play toys on a regular basis! :yowsa:

Nymph
07-31-2005, 09:32 PM
Newton,
Thanks darlin'. Let me know how hungry ya are, and I'll show ya what's cooking.

Trev,
You have no idea how much I'm enjoying it. Coming from adult, I really feel I'm ahead of the game in mainstream. ;)

MorganGrayson,
Thanks sweetie coming from you, that's a real compliment. You are so eloquent with words, and I not only get tongue tied, but also have finger fits when typing. I've been slipping in here for a bit, and have noticed the male/female ratio.....I could use a few boy toys to play with :D