PDA

View Full Version : MikeAI, you haven't reached your peak of unhappiness yet...

Winetalk.com
07-29-2005, 09:31 PM
http://biz.yahoo.com/weekend/secret_1.html

Folks tend to become increasingly unhappy through their 20s and 30s, typically hitting bottom in their 40s, before rebounding from there.

Nickatilynx
07-29-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm on the way up baby!!!! :)

"Recent research suggests that regularly seeing good friends in the local park will bring a greater boost to mental health than having a shiny German automobile parked outside your retirement home," says Warwick University's Prof. Oswald. "My candid advice to aging Americans would be to use your hard-earned cash to invest much more in friendships than in material items."

Vick
07-30-2005, 12:47 AM
I'm on the way up baby!!!! :)

"Recent research suggests that regularly seeing good friends in the local park will bring a greater boost to mental health than having a shiny German automobile parked outside your retirement home," says Warwick University's Prof. Oswald. "My candid advice to aging Americans would be to use your hard-earned cash to invest much more in friendships than in material items."

Bullshit, I don't like (almost all) people so a vehicle will make me happier than some lark on a walk in the park

and Prof. Oswald's advice is worth ever cent you didn't pay for it

What's next
Some nutjob will try to say that life should be lived according to the dictates and whims of a great invisible guy in the sky ...

...and that their guy in the sky is better than Joe Q. Pubichairs's invisible guy in the sky

Almighty Colin
07-30-2005, 06:54 AM
"Researchers have found, unsurprisingly, that greater income and wealth lead to greater happiness. But the gain in satisfaction from, say, an extra $25,000 of wealth is smaller than you might imagine. One reason: Much depends on your relative wealth -- including your wealth relative to your expectations. "

I read the other day that poor is "when you have less money than your sister-in-laws husband."

Peaches
07-30-2005, 08:39 AM
I read the other day that poor is "when you have less money than your sister-in-laws husband."
Wouldn't that be your brother? :unsure:

Mike AI
07-30-2005, 10:24 AM
unhappy is not even a word in my dictionary. My only problem is my lack of patience dealing with fools. Fortunately, I work hard to keep myself isolated from most of them!

Rolo
07-30-2005, 10:43 AM
My only problem is my lack of patience dealing with fools. Fortunately, I work hard to keep myself isolated from most of them!

HAHAHAHA :okthumb:

Winetalk.com
07-30-2005, 12:00 PM
unhappy is not even a word in my dictionary. My only problem is my lack of patience dealing with fools. Fortunately, I work hard to keep myself isolated from most of them!

I thought Republicans were not isolationists...

Mike AI
07-30-2005, 12:14 PM
I thought Republicans were not isolationists...

Serge when will you learn I am not a Republican?

Personally I am not an isolationist, I am more of a embargoist. I place my own embargos on idiots, bores, fools and louts. These people waste my time, and at the end of the day time is my most valuable comodity.

For the record, the Republican party used to be the party of isolationist, and the Democrats were the worldly interventionist. Funny how things change over time.

Winetalk.com
07-30-2005, 02:32 PM
Serge Funny how things change over time.

yeap...as I recall, Democrats were the slave owners fighting for South in Civil War...

Mike AI
07-30-2005, 02:34 PM
yeap...as I recall, Democrats were the slave owners fighting for South in Civil War...

Yep, and Abe Lincoln - the Republican set them free. Now the Republican party is lucky to get 8% of the black vote.