PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't he just...

Bhelliom
07-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Get a new teacher?

BRIDGETON, N.J. (AP) - A 16-year-old pianist is suing his music teacher for allegedly confronting him on stage during a Carnegie Hall competition and slamming the keyboard cover on his fingers as they argued over what piece he would play.

Bryan O'Lone of Vineland, N.J. also says Yalena Ivanov publicly berated him during the Young Pianist Competition of New Jersey event, stripped him of a $350 US prize he had earned at an earlier organization event and barred him from taking part in a trip to a musical festival in Italy.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2005/07/29/1152551-ap.html

TheEnforcer
07-29-2005, 01:21 PM
Damn. Some teacher did that to my kid I'd beat them within an inch of their life.

Trev
07-29-2005, 01:48 PM
ANYONE does anything like that to my boy and I'll do time for what I do to them :mad:

MorganGrayson
07-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Let's focus on another point.
This kid is a MUSICIAN.
Broken fingers could mean he'd never play again.

If he was my kid...they'd never find that asshole teacher's body.

I don't even want to think about what my husband would have done....

Bhelliom
07-29-2005, 02:49 PM
wow such anger....
I thought this would be a laugh... seems to be to be a bit of a frivolous lawsuit.... his fingers were not broken its sort of a he said / she said kind of thing when it comes down to what piece of music he was supposed to play.

weren't you all the ones that were talkingabout being abused by catholic teachers yesterday?

having said that.... it was totally out of line to confront the kid in front of the audience

Trev
07-29-2005, 02:55 PM
wow such anger....
I thought this would be a laugh... seems to be to be a bit of a frivolous lawsuit.... his fingers were not broken its sort of a he said / she said kind of thing when it comes down to what piece of music he was supposed to play.

weren't you all the ones that were talkingabout being abused by catholic teachers yesterday?

having said that.... it was totally out of line to confront the kid in front of the audience
I've got no problems with a teacher punishing my son if the grounds are right, but over a peice of music... the fucker better move far away before I get to him/her!

MorganGrayson
07-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Bhelliom...we all have our buttons that get pushed before we realize it and we react based on that. My only excuses for my reaction involve kid related stories that are too long and don't belong here. :)

You're right, though, most lawsuits are frivolous, and suing over this is an indication of how just about everybody reacts to everything lately. "Don't handle it in a constructive way...SUE!!"

Bhelliom
07-29-2005, 03:48 PM
No need to make excuses.

Everyone reacts to the same stimuli in different ways. I just didn't read it the same way everyone else did. Probably because, Unlike all of you, I don't have children so I didn't look at it from that perspective.

MorganGrayson
07-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Very true and very fair analysis, Derek.
Once you have children you will never react to anything the same way again. Things change on an almost primitive level.