PDA

View Full Version : I need some shopping cart help

Red
07-27-2005, 08:10 PM
My mother sells these little collectables in her store that I've fallen in love with and I think they'll sell well online, but here's my problem.

I want to set up an affiliate program that will give customers credit towards free merchandise for sending sales. My problem is finding a shopping cart that will do that. I've looked at Zen cart, but after reading the manual I need a degree just to customize the damn thing. Is there a cart that's easy to work with that has this function or should I go with a 3rd party processor that deals with products and go through their affiliate set up?

Anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

Newton
07-27-2005, 08:28 PM
oscommerce from www.oscommerce.com they have excellent integration, payment processors and more ;)

http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/oscommerce

Red
07-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks babe. I didn't think they had an affiliate module, but after looking at the forums I see they do. This should do what I need it to.

Newton
07-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Most welcome Red, its an excellent system and can be adapted any number of ways

gonzo
07-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Sinclair swears by Miva. Ill see if I can get a link.

Newton
07-29-2005, 08:58 PM
$995 for Miva against FREE for oscommerce ;) Plus Oscommerce has tons of shit already made for it with payment gateways and submissions by coders FREE ;)

sharky
08-25-2005, 10:24 PM
osCommerce is a great open source program. We have customized it for many of our clients...

currently working on www.perfections.com - a custom jewelry site. It's worth it..