PDA

View Full Version : My wife is now a spammer :(

sarettah
07-21-2005, 11:03 PM
She wanted to do a mailing to her newsletter group.

So, the other night I created a database for her, then I wrote a quick little mailing script.

By the time we sent it today, she had created 2 more groups that she wanted to mail to (her contest entrants and her drop shippers).

So, we sent about 300 emails in about 2 minutes and now she sounds like she is getting addicted... "that was so easy, can we do it again, huh, can we, can we"

:headwall: :headwall: :headwall:

Nickatilynx
07-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@Jul 21 2005, 07:04 PM

So, the other night I created a database for her, then I wrote a quick little mailing script.

By the time we sent it today, she had created 2 more groups that she wanted to mail to (her contest entrants and her drop shippers).

So, we sent about 300 emails in about 2 minutes and now she sounds like she is getting addicted... "that was so easy, can we do it again, huh, can we, can we"

what 2 years after I first suggested you do it..

you've sped up :)

sarettah
07-21-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Jul 21 2005, 10:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Jul 21 2005, 10:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sarettah@Jul 21 2005, 07:04 PM

what 2 years after I first suggested you do it..

you've sped up :) [/b][/quote]
Well, she has been doing the newsletter all along, but I made her do it by hand... Because I knew what was gonna happen.

I fully expect to find her on GFY trying to buy lists and all that now....

:blink:

Did you suggest that 2 years ago ? Damn..... I have been posting here too fucking long.....

Nickatilynx
07-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Remember ,

When mailing...you must all sit round (giggling is preferable) and sing..( to the tune of "jamming"

We're spamming ,spamming spamming spamming , spamming in the name of the lord...

:)

Nickatilynx
07-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Also

One of you must also mention the phrase "proxy servers" ad nauseum , where upon the other must calmly threaten extreme violence if that phrase is used again..

sorry but these are traditionals things that should be followed :)

sarettah
07-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Jul 21 2005, 10:16 PM
Also

One of you must also mention the phrase "proxy servers" ad nauseum , where upon the other must calmly threaten extreme violence if that phrase is used again..

sorry but these are traditionals things that should be followed :)
lolololol....

Well our move into it will be sloooowww... All the mail we sent is to either existing customers or folks who signed up for a giveaway that Jen became involved in or that explicitly requested her newsletter.

Did an opt out link and the whole bit :)

And the total count was only around 300 total.. So, I don't think I need to go shopping for bulletproof hosting just yet :yowsa:

TheEnforcer
07-21-2005, 11:40 PM
I love this thread!! :)

sarettah
07-22-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Jul 21 2005, 10:41 PM
I love this thread!! :)
Of course you do, but that's because you don't have to live with someone who thinks she is now the Spam Queen of the internet ...wait, hold on for a sec...be right back.... (walks across the room and shouts up the stairs..."No, you aren't getting into the fucking online mortgage business...dammit"....walks back across the room)... Ok, back :blink: