PDA

View Full Version : How to loose weight with Mcdonalds

Rolo
07-20-2005, 02:23 PM
Ok this might be old news, but I just watched Supersize me, and thought that the "Michael Moore" journalism was too much - I was not alone ;-)

Whaley ate three meals a day at McDonald’s, just as Spurlock did; however, she only ate until she was full instead of forcing herself to finish everything. Whaley kept her calorie intake to an average of 1,809 calories per day. Spurlock was taking in closer to 5,000 calories on his McDiet.

Similar to Spurlock’s film, Whaley had the help of a doctor who was able to monitor her progress through the entire process. Whaley had never met Dr. Rayner Dickey, of the Holistic Family Health Clinic in Newbury, Mass., before making her documentary film.

"I appreciate his support and help throughout the project," Whaley said.

At the end of her 30-day McDonald’s "McDiet," Whaley had lost 10 pounds and dropped her cholesterol by 40 points. She also lowered her blood pressure.

Although the film only follows her first 30-day McDiet, Whaley also conducted two other 30-day dieting sessions. Her total weight loss over the 90 days was 30 pounds.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/06192005/news/48357.htm

Watch the trailer (more like short movie) to Me & Mickey D http://www.fednet.net/asx/CPF/CEI/cei052605.asx

I hope "The Yes Men" are better http://www.theonionavclub.com/yesmen/index...railer=win_300k (http://www.theonionavclub.com/yesmen/index.php?trailer=win_300k)

Evil Chris
07-20-2005, 02:24 PM
A&W is better anyway. B)

Nickatilynx
07-20-2005, 02:34 PM
McDonalds and fast food in general has never been my problem.

Worse thing for a fat fuck such as myself is staying at hotels....

Its 11 pm....

Hmmm sausage bacon eggs and hash browns... EXCELLENT IDEA!!!
"Hello Room Service.."

its 1.30am

hmmmm a cheese and ham omlette...EXCELLENT IDEA
"Hello Room Service..."

Nickatilynx
07-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Oh and only walking from my bedroom -study-bathroom-study-family room -study -bathroom-dining room -bathroom-bedroom...

repeat :)

JR
07-20-2005, 02:36 PM
I like super size me but Morgan Spurlock is sort of like Michael Moore. He sets out to prove something and constructs everything in such a way that it will happen. Same with his show "30 days" where he does something for 30 days and somehow there is many unlikely and sensational elements.

Peaches
07-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by JR@Jul 20 2005, 02:37 PM
I like super size me but Morgan Spurlock is sort of like Michael Moore. He sets out to prove something and constructs everything in such a way that it will happen. Same with his show "30 days" where he does something for 30 days and somehow there is many unlikely and sensational elements.
The one with he and his girlfriend on minimum wage was the worst so far. Going to the ER for a UTI and your wrist hurting? Give me a break.

TheEnforcer
07-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Jul 20 2005, 01:36 PM
Oh and only walking from my bedroom -study-bathroom-study-family room -study -bathroom-dining room -bathroom-bedroom...

repeat :)
Very familiar with that!! LOL

VooMan
07-20-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Jul 20 2005, 01:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Jul 20 2005, 01:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JR@Jul 20 2005, 02:37 PM
The one with he and his girlfriend on minimum wage was the worst so far. Going to the ER for a UTI and your wrist hurting? Give me a break. [/b][/quote]
I caught the one with the 34 year old guy who wanted to "recapture the fountain of youth." Um, 34 years old? Get off your ass you wuss... I'm 40 pounds over where I'd like to be, I'm 39 years old, and I smoke a pack a day and I could have run circles around that wimp. B)

I found it amusing though that he was on one shot of steroids per week, hgh injections every day, and a multitude of vitamins. His sperm count when from 75,000,000 to zero in three weeks?

MorganGrayson
07-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by VooMan@Jul 20 2005, 11:10 AM
I caught the one with the 34 year old guy who wanted to "recapture the fountain of youth." Um, 34 years old? Get off your ass you wuss... I'm 40 pounds over where I'd like to be, I'm 39 years old, and I smoke a pack a day and I could have run circles around that wimp. B)

Wanna be a young stud boy toy? :yowsa:

gonzo
07-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson+Jul 20 2005, 02:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MorganGrayson @ Jul 20 2005, 02:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-VooMan@Jul 20 2005, 11:10 AM

Wanna be a young stud boy toy? :yowsa: [/b][/quote]
Only if your name is Big Vito and you will meet him under the statue on bat night!
ANd dont be late... he dont wanna miss the national anthem!

MorganGrayson
07-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Jul 20 2005, 11:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Jul 20 2005, 11:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by MorganGrayson@Jul 20 2005, 02:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-VooMan@Jul 20 2005, 11:10 AM

Wanna be a young stud boy toy? :yowsa:
Only if your name is Big Vito and you will meet him under the statue on bat night!
ANd dont be late... he dont wanna miss the national anthem! [/b][/quote]
What? You don't think I got no class?
You don't *never* miss the national anthem!
Sheee-yit!

:nyanya:

JR
07-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by VooMan+Jul 20 2005, 11:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VooMan @ Jul 20 2005, 11:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by Peaches@Jul 20 2005, 01:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-JR@Jul 20 2005, 02:37 PM
The one with he and his girlfriend on minimum wage was the worst so far. Going to the ER for a UTI and your wrist hurting? Give me a break.

I found it amusing though that he was on one shot of steroids per week, hgh injections every day, and a multitude of vitamins. His sperm count when from 75,000,000 to zero in three weeks?[/b][/quote]
that was a perfect example of his bullshit.

1) growth hormone therapy will not do anything for you in 30 days. they had to know that before beginning. its something that works over time and its nothing dramatic - with some positive side effects showing in 6 months, more in 12 months and so on.

2) testosterone injections have side effects (although he took only 100mgs per week). one of them is that the testes slow down and produce less testosterone and also sperm, sperm count drops while you are supplmenting testosterone levels. levels normalize again when you stop. they had to have known that before beginning. they had to have known what to expect - being that they had so many supposed concerns about safety.

3) that doctor gave him a shitload of supplments to take. his liver values went up. thats totally normal. one day he is taking nothing... the next day he starts taking 3 fists full of pills everyday... and of course liver values will change as your body tries to figure out what the hell is going on. they would normalize again in a week or so as the body starts to adapt. who here can name someone who had liver failure from taking vitamins and supplements? it doesn't happen. what you can't use... gets pissed out. end of story.

4) they made sure to get a ton of coverage of his ditzy, paranoid and over dramatic wife who knew nothing and assumed the worst about everything - rather than simply asking a few simple questions.

5) he changed his diet and was exercising a lot.
thats great... but bad science. how do you measure the effects of hormone therapy on overall health if you are making other significant changes in your life as well that will have a significant impact on health and everything you are trying to measure (weight, blood profiles, hormone levels etc)?

MorganGrayson
07-20-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by JR+Jul 20 2005, 11:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JR @ Jul 20 2005, 11:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by VooMan@Jul 20 2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jul 20 2005, 01:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-JR@Jul 20 2005, 02:37 PM

I found it amusing though that he was on one shot of steroids per week, hgh injections every day, and a multitude of vitamins. His sperm count when from 75,000,000 to zero in three weeks?
that was a perfect example of his bullshit.

1) growth hormone therapy will not do anything for you in 30 days. they had to know that before beginning. its something that works over time and its nothing dramatic - with some positive side effects showing in 6 months, more in 12 months and so on.

2) testosterone injections have side effects (although he took only 100mgs per week). one of them is that the testes slow down and produce less testosterone and also sperm, sperm count drops while you are supplmenting testosterone levels. levels normalize again when you stop. they had to have known that before beginning. they had to have known what to expect - being that they had so many supposed concerns about safety.

3) that doctor gave him a shitload of supplments to take. his liver values went up. thats totally normal. one day he is taking nothing... the next day he starts taking 3 fists full of pills everyday... and of course liver values will change as your body tries to figure out what the hell is going on. they would normalize again in a week or so as the body starts to adapt. who here can name someone who had liver failure from taking vitamins and supplements? it doesn't happen. what you can't use... gets pissed out. end of story.

4) they made sure to get a ton of coverage of his ditzy, paranoid and over dramatic wife who knew nothing and assumed the worst about everything - rather than simply asking a few simple questions.

5) he changed his diet and was exercising a lot.
thats great... but bad science. how do you measure the effects of hormone therapy on overall health if you are making other significant changes in your life as well that will have a significant impact on health and everything you are trying to measure (weight, blood profiles, hormone levels etc)? [/b][/quote]
JR...one comment on an otherwise well thought out post: vitamins come in two different types, water soluble and fat soluble. You are absolutely correct, you can not overdose on water soluble vitamins. The body takes what it needs and rejects the rest. You can, however, overdose on fat soluble vitamins.
http://www.webmd.com/ can provide a list of which is which for anyone interested.
Whether or not this fact has anything to do with the individual on television I don't know.

grimm
07-20-2005, 04:23 PM
i liked that movie a lot. i also like his show on FX, 30 days. good stuff.

JR
07-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson@Jul 20 2005, 12:10 PM

JR...one comment on an otherwise well thought out post: vitamins come in two different types, water soluble and fat soluble. You are absolutely correct, you can not overdose on water soluble vitamins. The body takes what it needs and rejects the rest. You can, however, overdose on fat soluble vitamins.
http://www.webmd.com/ can provide a list of which is which for anyone interested.
Whether or not this fact has anything to do with the individual on television I don't know.

good point. i should have been more clear. he was given a lot of herbal stuff with purported anti aging benefits in capsules and was taking a ton of pills everyday. i just meant to say that this will put stress on your liver initially before your body adapts to it and generally speaking, taking vitamins and supplements in moderation is generally neither a health concern or danger.

the silly part of that part of the show, was the supposed shock and awe that he "had liver problems" - simply because the doctor called and said some liver values were elevated and wanted to know why. they never really addressed this further in the show - they just sort of left it as if he had undiagnosed liver problems.

MorganGrayson
07-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by JR+Jul 20 2005, 12:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JR @ Jul 20 2005, 12:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MorganGrayson@Jul 20 2005, 12:10 PM

good point. i should have been more clear. he was given a lot of herbal stuff with purported anti aging benefits in capsules and was taking a ton of pills everyday. i just meant to say that this will put stress on your liver initially before your body adapts to it and generally speaking, taking vitamins and supplements in moderation is generally neither a health concern or danger.

the silly part of that part of the show, was the supposed shock and awe that he "had liver problems" - simply because the doctor called and said some liver values were elevated and wanted to know why. they never really addressed this further in the show - they just sort of left it as if he had undiagnosed liver problems. [/b][/quote]
JR... :okthumb:
Truth, as it has been so often said, is boring. What is the television value of a person answering another person's question when you can do a close-up on a panicked face and drown the audience in inference?

Nickatilynx
07-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson+Jul 20 2005, 01:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MorganGrayson @ Jul 20 2005, 01:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by JR@Jul 20 2005, 12:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-MorganGrayson@Jul 20 2005, 12:10 PM

the silly part of that part of the show, was the supposed shock and awe that he "had liver problems" - simply because the doctor called and said some liver values were elevated and wanted to know why. they never really addressed this further in the show - they just sort of left it as if he had undiagnosed liver problems.
Truth, as it has been so often said, is boring. What is the television value of a person answering another person's question when you can do a close-up on a panicked face and drown the audience in inference? [/b][/quote]
all about bums on seats , loveys.

same as another business :)

MorganGrayson
07-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Jul 20 2005, 01:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Jul 20 2005, 01:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by MorganGrayson@Jul 20 2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by JR@Jul 20 2005, 12:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-MorganGrayson@Jul 20 2005, 12:10 PM

Truth, as it has been so often said, is boring. What is the television value of a person answering another person's question when you can do a close-up on a panicked face and drown the audience in inference?
all about bums on seats , loveys.

same as another business :) [/b][/quote]
Oh, understood.
One can't help but feel that it's "bums" in all connotations, however. :)