PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a Guinea Pig to test out a script

NewBreed
07-16-2005, 01:20 AM
Got a new script in for our software and I am looking for a program or site that has more than 500,000 media files (pics/vids/urls). This script is part of our SCAT system. The script is .php, and requires you have shell access to activate it. The script does not create a noticable load on your server, so no-one will notice it's running in the background.

Basically you need to upload the script, log into shell to tell it to run, and let it do it's thing. Once it's done it will create 2 text files and leave them on your server, i will need those text files.

If anyone is interested I will give you a copy of the software.

Lemme know if any of you are interested.

Thanks,
Bill

Jace
07-16-2005, 01:43 AM
SCAT system?

does that come with a free copy of the tubgirl set?

just fucking with you man...if I had that many media files I would do it for ya, but I have no where near that many

NewBreed
07-16-2005, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by JaceXXX@Jul 15 2005, 09:44 PM
SCAT system?

does that come with a free copy of the tubgirl set?

just fucking with you man...if I had that many media files I would do it for ya, but I have no where near that many

It does indeed...LOL

Biggest I have done so far is around 260,000 and some change, but I need BIG to test some limits.

Mr Benn
07-16-2005, 09:49 AM
Will copying the ~260k files you have now and giving them different filenames/directories work? So you end up with 520k.

That's what I'd normally do if I wanted to check the capabilities of something like this.

NewBreed
07-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Mr Benn@Jul 16 2005, 05:50 AM
Will copying the ~260k files you have now and giving them different filenames/directories work? So you end up with 520k.

That's what I'd normally do if I wanted to check the capabilities of something like this.
That's an excellent idea, and one I hadn't thought of, but that won't work unfortunately. The reason is the text file output has some strings that have unique numbers and one is an MD5 hash so all those numbers would have to be changed for the copied records.

Example of one of the lines on the text file...

21|f2c9f524022f2c0c305932206b8fa767|01/13/2005|./free/67890/imagepages/images/free1_03.gif

That's the 21st line, and the "21" corresponds to another text file as far as a linking relationship, so both lists can be matched up when imported into the software.

Lee
07-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Perhaps if you told us what the script was actually used for it might help.

Just a thought, i know a lot of people dont like installing things on their servers when they dont know what they are used for ;)

NewBreed
07-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Lee@Jul 16 2005, 11:22 AM
Perhaps if you told us what the script was actually used for it might help.

Just a thought, i know a lot of people dont like installing things on their servers when they dont know what they are used for ;)
Sorry, thought I included it in my first post. It scans the server or a folder on the server (depending on where you put the script) and creates 2 text files. One is a directory list, one is a file list.

It is used for our MAVIS (Model Age Verification and Identification System), this is an updated version of the SCAT module. The new script is just listing folders and files on the server and has an include/exclude function for anything you don't want reported in the text files.

I know some, if not most people would be leary about running something like this but it is very safe, just a small .php script. Confidentiality is assured when and if we recieve the text files from someone, they are used for in-house testing only.

sarettah
07-17-2005, 10:29 AM
We could probably find you quite a few Guinea pigs if Serge hadn't fucking eaten them all.

http://www.cockinpuss.com/piglets.jpg

Mr Benn
07-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by NewBreed+Jul 16 2005, 06:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NewBreed @ Jul 16 2005, 06:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Mr Benn@Jul 16 2005, 05:50 AM

That's an excellent idea, and one I hadn't thought of, but that won't work unfortunately. The reason is the text file output has some strings that have unique numbers and one is an MD5 hash so all those numbers would have to be changed for the copied records.

Example of one of the lines on the text file...

21|f2c9f524022f2c0c305932206b8fa767|01/13/2005|./free/67890/imagepages/images/free1_03.gif

That's the 21st line, and the "21" corresponds to another text file as far as a linking relationship, so both lists can be matched up when imported into the software.[/b][/quote]
Ahh right. Do the media files need to be in a valid format? Eg, are you reading the jpg/gif/mpg/avi etc format and displaying a thumb or anything? If not, you can just append a few bytes of extra data to the end of each copied file, which will change the MD5 checksum.

for i in `find ./copied`; do echo "blahblah12345xyz" >> $i; done

NewBreed
07-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Mr Benn@Jul 17 2005, 08:40 AM

Ahh right. Do the media files need to be in a valid format? Eg, are you reading the jpg/gif/mpg/avi etc format and displaying a thumb or anything? If not, you can just append a few bytes of extra data to the end of each copied file, which will change the MD5 checksum.

for i in `find ./copied`; do echo "blahblah12345xyz" >> $i; done

No thumbs are being displayed, but it is reading and listing any and all the media file you include in the "includes" string (jpg, gif, mpg, etc.), as well as excluding files and folders in the "exculde" string (nats, ccbill, phpbb, or any other folder you don't want scanned). I will try the copy idea to see if that works.