PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Medicine Man !

RyanLanane
07-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Grimm, I was prescribed a Muscle relaxer called Orphenadrine prescription. Was take as needed originally (PRM) but then I told her it wasnt working well so she told me just take 2 of them at once when my wrist hurt extremely bad, along with the Vicodin... Tht was a couple months ago..

Anyways, I quit taking the vicodin s my tolerance was so high that didn't so shit for me... And quit taking the Orphenadrine. This was all abou 2 months ago.

Last night my whole body was sore and my wrist hurt like hell.. So i said 'screw it' and took two of them (100 mg a piece) this was at 4 AM EST today. It is now 3:45 EST and I feel extremely disorientated, almost like it is a dissasociative. I'll take a step and 3 seconds later I feel my leg taking that step.. This has NEVER happened even with Vicodin and that prescription used together with a damn good amount of vicodin. Also, my concentration is very poor, and I actually thought I heard someone in my house making the floorboars creek - Which never happens on its own, always the dog or Missy doing it.. one was gone the other was in the backyard.. This is the part that scares me the most

Is it even semi-normal for me to still feel the effects of this drug in such a intense way.. horrible cotton mouth etc.. all still there.. Figured oyu might know something about this..

P.S. Missed you all, hope everything is going well over here !!

Newton
07-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Hey Ryan .. good to see you man ;)

DrGuile
07-06-2005, 04:01 PM
uh,... call your doctor maybe?

Get emergency response from a message board? Great idea...

RyanLanane
07-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile@Jul 6 2005, 12:02 PM

Guile the doctor won't see me any more for reasons I would ratter not get into - So I have NO Family doctor or I would of called them obviously :agrin:

I dont thnk I'm going to die or anything but I have been clean for a while now and realizing that I don't even enjoy getting high/ buzzed any more.. It actually kind of sucks ass today..

Seemslike way too long of a time frame for those to stay effective, if it gets worse.. ER Here I come, yay !

Trev
07-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Good to see you Ryan :)

I think the ER might be the best idea :(

grimm
07-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@Jul 6 2005, 11:49 AM
Grimm, I was prescribed a Muscle relaxer called Orphenadrine prescription. Was take as needed originally (PRM) but then I told her it wasnt working well so she told me just take 2 of them at once when my wrist hurt extremely bad, along with the Vicodin... Tht was a couple months ago..

Anyways, I quit taking the vicodin s my tolerance was so high that didn't so shit for me... And quit taking the Orphenadrine. This was all abou 2 months ago.

Last night my whole body was sore and my wrist hurt like hell.. So i said 'screw it' and took two of them (100 mg a piece) this was at 4 AM EST today. It is now 3:45 EST and I feel extremely disorientated, almost like it is a dissasociative. I'll take a step and 3 seconds later I feel my leg taking that step.. This has NEVER happened even with Vicodin and that prescription used together with a damn good amount of vicodin. Also, my concentration is very poor, and I actually thought I heard someone in my house making the floorboars creek - Which never happens on its own, always the dog or Missy doing it.. one was gone the other was in the backyard.. This is the part that scares me the most

Is it even semi-normal for me to still feel the effects of this drug in such a intense way.. horrible cotton mouth etc.. all still there.. Figured oyu might know something about this..

P.S. Missed you all, hope everything is going well over here !!
dude im not a doctor. if you feel that bad, i would call your PCP or if really bad go to the hospital.

imho, it sounds like you are just feeling normal opiate effect of taking too much muscle relaxant. a detached dissosiative feeling. are you having bits of fitful, dream filled sleep, trails or other visual hallucinations, tingling or numbness in your feet making it feel like you are walking on jelly or just a general disawareness of your own body? you probably dont have a tolerance anymore and took too much. if you feel like crap, call the doc or go to the hospital. if you think you can wait it out, drink plenty of fluids and try to sleep. dont drink alchohol or take any other medications..youll have to let it wear off.

i have no tolerance for muscle relaxants. they whack me. i hate them. but ive been on Soma and a couple of others out of necessity a couple times and had similar reactions. dont freak out, if you feel physically ill, go see the doctor who gave them to you ASAP.

grimm
07-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by RyanLanane+Jul 6 2005, 12:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RyanLanane @ Jul 6 2005, 12:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DrGuile@Jul 6 2005, 12:02 PM

Guile the doctor won't see me any more for reasons I would ratter not get into - So I have NO Family doctor or I would of called them obviously :agrin:

I dont thnk I'm going to die or anything but I have been clean for a while now and realizing that I don't even enjoy getting high/ buzzed any more.. It actually kind of sucks ass today..

Seemslike way too long of a time frame for those to stay effective, if it gets worse.. ER Here I come, yay ! [/b][/quote]
a lot of medicines are fat solulable ryan, they are extended release.. an extended release muscle relaxant could go for 24 hours or more. your horse tolerance could have dwindled to nothing over two months.. and thats a large dose to take.

RyanLanane
07-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Jul 6 2005, 12:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Jul 6 2005, 12:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by RyanLanane@Jul 6 2005, 12:21 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-DrGuile@Jul 6 2005, 12:02 PM

Seemslike way too long of a time frame for those to stay effective, if it gets worse.. ER Here I come, yay !
a lot of medicines are fat solulable ryan, they are extended release.. an extended release muscle relaxant could go for 24 hours or more. your horse tolerance could have dwindled to nothing over two months.. and thats a large dose to take. [/b][/quote]

Grimm, I know ou arn't :) You just always seem o have good input on medical discusions ! I just called the ER, they said it wsn't enough to OD - I just have to wait it out.. They did however tell me they are ime releed nd I could fel liek this for 24 hours straight :( This sucks ...

BTW Grimm I realized what I did by counting my wellbutrin... I was 3 short.. So I mistakenly took 3 orphenadrine tablets instead of Well bution.. (Yes the generics look almost exactly identical. This was earlier in the morning which would explain alot .. Thoght that long of a side effect was crazy (And no I'm not trying to cop ut and get a buzz by any means!

And yes I took a little nap earlier, that's when I woke up and heard my girlfriend talking even though I went through te whole house looking... This shit SUCKS! I thik it is having such an inense feeling because I haven' had any drugs/alchohol in monts now...I don't like the acid type of feeling but I cna live with it.. It's when I hear people talking thar aren' even there that scared the living shi out of..

Guess feeling like this for a day, as shitty as it is, is better than having them load me up with crap t pump my stomacn. nfortunately they are time released over 24 hours

Tryng to remember why the hell I used drugs in the past and enjoy feeling like this :headwall: It sure as hell will kep me sober, lol ..

Red
07-06-2005, 04:59 PM
If you're getting that strong of an adverse reaction, you really should call your doctor.

Orphenadrine has anti cholinergic properties. This means it affects the parasympathetic nervous system(PNS). The PNS keeps your heart rate slow, keeps your glands(especially salivary) and gastric fluids secreting and other autonomic functions going. A drug with anti cholinergic properties will cause adverse reactions such as: dry mouth (the most common) tachycardia (rapid heart beat), palpitation, urinary hesitancy or retention, blurred vision, dilation of pupils, increased ocular tension, weakness, nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, constipation, drowsiness, hypersensitivity reactions, pruritus (itching), hallucinations, agitation, tremor, gastric irritation, and rarely urticaria (hives) and other dermatoses (skin problems).

Since the recommended dosage is one tablet (100mg) twice a day and you've doubled the dosage, it's no wonder you're feeling like shit. Try eating something and if you're still feeling really bad, then I would call your doctor.

And don't mix it with vicodin. Vicodin depresses the central nervous system and this depresses the PNS as well as having some analgesic (pain killing) properties. Not a good combination. I'm surprised you didn't throw your guts up.

Red
07-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by RyanLanane+Jul 6 2005, 12:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RyanLanane @ Jul 6 2005, 12:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by grimm@Jul 6 2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@Jul 6 2005, 12:21 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-DrGuile@Jul 6 2005, 12:02 PM

a lot of medicines are fat solulable ryan, they are extended release.. an extended release muscle relaxant could go for 24 hours or more. your horse tolerance could have dwindled to nothing over two months.. and thats a large dose to take.

Grimm, I know ou arn't :) You just always seem o have good input on medical discusions ! I just called the ER, they said it wsn't enough to OD - I just have to wait it out.. They did however tell me they are ime releed nd I could fel liek this for 24 hours straight :( This sucks ...

BTW Grimm I realized what I did by counting my wellbutrin... I was 3 short.. So I mistakenly took 3 orphenadrine tablets instead of Well bution.. (Yes the generics look almost exactly identical. This was earlier in the morning which would explain alot .. Thoght that long of a side effect was crazy (And no I'm not trying to cop ut and get a buzz by any means!

And yes I took a little nap earlier, that's when I woke up and heard my girlfriend talking even though I went through te whole house looking... This shit SUCKS! I thik it is having such an inense feeling because I haven' had any drugs/alchohol in monts now...I don't like the acid type of feeling but I cna live with it.. It's when I hear people talking thar aren' even there that scared the living shi out of..

Guess feeling like this for a day, as shitty as it is, is better than having them load me up with crap t pump my stomacn. nfortunately they are time released over 24 hours

Tryng to remember why the hell I used drugs in the past and enjoy feeling like this :headwall: It sure as hell will kep me sober, lol .. [/b][/quote]
You posted this while I was posting. You took 3?? Oh you poor guy.

Dravyk
07-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Grimm is a shaman?! :blink:

Damn, Ryan. Hope everything turns out alright.

ThrobX
07-06-2005, 05:16 PM
Really, you shouldn't be taking drugs at all. Exercise and vitamins are the answer.

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2004/2004-05/26-cruise-inside.jpg

grimm
07-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Red@Jul 6 2005, 01:00 PM
If you're getting that strong of an adverse reaction, you really should call your doctor.

Orphenadrine has anti cholinergic properties. This means it affects the parasympathetic nervous system(PNS). The PNS keeps your heart rate slow, keeps your glands(especially salivary) and gastric fluids secreting and other autonomic functions going. A drug with anti cholinergic properties will cause adverse reactions such as: dry mouth (the most common) tachycardia (rapid heart beat), palpitation, urinary hesitancy or retention, blurred vision, dilation of pupils, increased ocular tension, weakness, nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, constipation, drowsiness, hypersensitivity reactions, pruritus (itching), hallucinations, agitation, tremor, gastric irritation, and rarely urticaria (hives) and other dermatoses (skin problems).

Since the recommended dosage is one tablet (100mg) twice a day and you've doubled the dosage, it's no wonder you're feeling like shit. Try eating something and if you're still feeling really bad, then I would call your doctor.

And don't mix it with vicodin. Vicodin depresses the central nervous system and this depresses the PNS as well as having some analgesic (pain killing) properties. Not a good combination. I'm surprised you didn't throw your guts up.
right, it feels like an opiate reaction. any painkillers will just compound it. as long as you stay away from mixing stimulants with it, the heart issues wont be too major. but any sort of stimulant will make you feel god awful, and could do a lot of harm.

ryan.. if you took 3 you are probably in for a ride. just relax.:)

grimm
07-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Jul 6 2005, 01:05 PM
Grimm is a shaman?! :blink:

Damn, Ryan. Hope everything turns out alright.
the thought is enough to scare anyone straight!:)

ryan.. you probably arent having an allergic reaction, or the doctor would have you in like now.. its the intended effect of a large dose. you just misjudged your tolerance, so you took too much.

grimm
07-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by ThrobX@Jul 6 2005, 01:17 PM
Really, you shouldn't be taking drugs at all. Exercise and vitamins are the answer.

he really needs a good cock-punching

RyanLanane
07-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Grimm the 10th will make 2 months since my first AA Meetng..

No drug or acohol of ANY kind....

Mr Cruise if I didn't take the meds I av i would be a hack job lol

Steady
07-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by ThrobX@Jul 6 2005, 01:17 PM

What is Scientology?

Scientology is an applied religious philosophy.

Cocky Tom swears by this too. :P

JR
07-06-2005, 06:43 PM
am i the only one appreciating the irony of someone promoting meds/med sites having drug problems and questions?

i hope you are ok.
:)

RyanLanane
07-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by JR@Jul 6 2005, 02:44 PM
am i the only one appreciating the irony of someone promoting meds/med sites having drug problems and questions?

i hope you are ok.
:)

Trust me nothing ironic about it, and the way I felt I sure as SHIT woudln't recomend anyone doing what I did. 2 months ago, I wouldn't of even been able to tell I took them if I took 3 at a time... I had serious drug issues and about the highest tolerance you can imagine... Was told many times by doctors I have deal with, counselors, and friends that I am lucky to even be alive.

BTW, all TCM products... are herbal lol

Grimm said "a detached dissosiative feeling. are you having bits of fitful, dream filled sleep, trails or other visual hallucinations, tingling or numbness in your feet making it feel like you are walking on jelly or just a general disawareness of your own body?"

You friggin nailed it man... Extremely vivid dreams as well I didn't come down totally until 2 hours ago, and I still feel a little weird. If I move my arm back and forth rapidly eventually it will feel like a tracer looks to my arm.. I also still get bouts of being light headed but thank god the worse part is over..

P.S. Thanks for the good wishes everyone.. And time to get one of those Mon-Sun pill things for Senior citizens :yowsa:

P.S.S. Ironic a religion named Scientology would be against the pharm copanies who create the drugs... Which obviously afects scientists. No wonder there organization is so small... hahahah

grimm
07-07-2005, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@Jul 6 2005, 02:17 PM
Grimm the 10th will make 2 months since my first AA Meetng..

No drug or acohol of ANY kind....

Mr Cruise if I didn't take the meds I av i would be a hack job lol
congratulations, ryan, thats quite an accomplishment:)