PDA

View Full Version : Aruba...

Nickatilynx
07-05-2005, 12:06 PM
Is fox news for real?

I have a sat radio for the road trip I'm on.

And they are saying the dutch suck.The legal systems suck . If a foreign tourist disappeared in the US they'd find them.The US is much safer. The US is such a great country no one should ever even consider travelling abroad because "they don't like us anyway" , They are backward morons compared to the USA in matters of forensics , investigation etc , etc etc etc etc..

Its amazing , I've never seen/heard Fox news til recently

The only thing I can compare it to is the British tabloid "the Sun" being broadcast.

Americans can tell the difference between "real" news and right wing extremist commentary surely?

This is realy scarey it is right wing propaganda.

Bhelliom
07-05-2005, 12:15 PM
I have serious doubts about what americans will and won't believe...

I mean really... in the last few years how often have the american public been duped by the governemtn and media... and how many of them,after the fact, still support and believe anything they're fed?

"Individuals can be very intelligent. People as a whole, however, are stupid, stupid animals"

Winetalk.com
07-05-2005, 12:20 PM
yeap...Oprano is the one and only source of unbiased information...GFY is very close second.

TheEnforcer
07-05-2005, 12:45 PM
It's really rather amusing that people are dumb enough to believe that murders are automatically solved rather easily and news orginizations perpetuate that myth. People who have a clue know that a significant percentage of murders go unsolved. If memory serves me correctly about 3 in every 10 murders go unsolved here in the states.

Peaches
07-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Jul 5 2005, 12:46 PM
It's really rather amusing that people are dumb enough to believe that murders are automatically solved rather easily and news orginizations perpetuate that myth. People who have a clue know that a significant percentage of murders go unsolved. If memory serves me correctly about 3 in every 10 murders go unsolved here in the states.
The parents are keeping this in the news. I see why they're doing it - they know the more exposure, the better chance of getting it solved, but they ARE wagging the dog.

ThrobX
07-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Jul 5 2005, 08:46 AM
People think everything is like CSI, Law And Order, etc. They believe what they see.

90% of this country are Sheeple.

TheEnforcer
07-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Jul 5 2005, 11:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Jul 5 2005, 11:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@Jul 5 2005, 12:46 PM
The parents are keeping this in the news. I see why they're doing it - they know the more exposure, the better chance of getting it solved, but they ARE wagging the dog. [/b][/quote]
I don't blame the parents for keeping it in the news but the stupidity wioth which some people are reporting and approaching the issue and the venom which they encourage their viewers to have is disgusting.

Mike AI
07-05-2005, 01:04 PM
I wish I was canadian.

Bhelliom
07-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jul 5 2005, 09:05 AM
I wish I was canadian.
That's the most enlightened thing i've heard an american say :wnw:

:salute:

ThrobX
07-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jul 5 2005, 09:05 AM
I wish I was canadian.
OMIGOD, Mike's turning into a liberal activist. :biglaugh: There goes that GOP membership card.

(Truth told, I think that post was a fake engineered by Trev or somebody.)

Dravyk
07-05-2005, 01:20 PM
What the hell do these posts have to do with Aruba? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Trev
07-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by ThrobX+Jul 5 2005, 06:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ThrobX @ Jul 5 2005, 06:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Jul 5 2005, 09:05 AM
I wish I was canadian.
OMIGOD, Mike's turning into a liberal activist. :biglaugh: There goes that GOP membership card.

(Truth told, I think that post was a fake engineered by Trev or somebody.) [/b][/quote]
I was nowhere near a keyboard at the time of that post, I have friends and family that can all be called as witnesses should they be needed.

el pres
07-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Jul 5 2005, 11:07 AM

The only thing I can compare it to is the British tabloid "the Sun" being broadcast.

Owned by the same person.

JR
07-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Jul 5 2005, 08:07 AM
Is fox news for real?

I have a sat radio for the road trip I'm on.

And they are saying the dutch suck.The legal systems suck . If a foreign tourist disappeared in the US they'd find them.The US is much safer. The US is such a great country no one should ever even consider travelling abroad because "they don't like us anyway" , They are backward morons compared to the USA in matters of forensics , investigation etc , etc etc etc etc..

Its amazing , I've never seen/heard Fox news til recently

Americans can tell the difference between "real" news and right wing extremist commentary surely?

This is realy scarey it is right wing propaganda.
they have a lot of really harsh, rude and abusive shows and hosts. its pretty disturbing to me and i am fairly conservative. i listen sometimes in my car on XM when i want to hear news but get tired of long winded CNN specials about some retarded kid in michigan who had a butterfly land on his head.... or in hopes that at least one station wont be running a news story about a kid getting kidnapped, raped and killed.

*KK*
07-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Personally I think Aruba sucks, but that's because it's way too Americanized and its hotter than fuck, like a damn desert island. Interesting that Curacao is a 20 minute flight away and it's a whole different and fantastic world...