PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France

Evil Chris
06-29-2005, 03:39 PM
I'll be cheering for him. If he can win a 7th in a row, he'd be like Superman or somthing. Hell he already is...

It's going to be tough for him this year, though. Past his physical prime and so many guys contending this year.

DrGuile
06-29-2005, 04:29 PM
Regardless of who wins, the Tour de France is just a crazy accomplishement in itself...

I could do what these guys do for a day, which is do 100-200km of biking in a day, I wouldnt get times anywhere near them, but still, I could pull it off... but the crazy part is, they get up the next day, and do it again, pushing all the way, and the next day, and the next day, than they do it climbing a few mountain peaks, than again and again for 2 weeks...

2 weeks! Its just mind boggling...

I can see why doping was/is so popular in cycling ;)

EroticySteve
06-29-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Jun 29 2005, 11:40 AM
I'll be cheering for him. If he can win a 7th in a row, he'd be like Superman or somthing. Hell he already is...

It's going to be tough for him this year, though. Past his physical prime and so many guys contending this year.
Past his prime? I think not. Discovery Channel had a special on him this week. Even if he is past his prime which I don't believe to be the case he posesses the best technology in the sport. He also has phyisical attributes that seem almost alien.

Rolo
06-30-2005, 06:10 AM
Ahhhh Tour de France.... usual I find a channel that has a minimum of commentators, and then just enjoy the scenery, while the sounds of helicopters, motorcycles, and cheering spectators lures me into a trance...

I think Ivan Basso has a good chance - he is an excellent climber!

sarah_webinc
06-30-2005, 08:28 AM
on Saturday when I went to France on the channel ferry there were a few members of the US Postal team on the boat in their gear...super tall feckers.

dokk
06-30-2005, 10:25 AM
If Lance is as good as his equipment.. he may win!
As I recall, there was quite a bit of controversy over his last win.. I forget what it was but some were saying he didn't win fairly.. Don't know the details.. no doubt the controversy will return right along with Lance and his bike.. ;-)

Peaches
06-30-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm entering this year - he hasn't a snowball's chance in hell to win.

Hey Dokk! :bwave:

TondaB
06-30-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jun 30 2005, 07:03 AM
I'm entering this year - he hasn't a snowball's chance in hell to win.

Hey Dokk! :bwave:
Your going down! Lance will be sure to beat you however, you are sure to come in a close second;)

dokk
06-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Heyyy.. !!! Peaches!!! ;-)))))))

Great to see ya.. maybe we need to get in a bicycle race, show 'em how to do it southern style! lol.. I'd be wheezing about about a quarter mile.. but you would go on for the win!!! ;-)))

Bhelliom
06-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my -
Bicycle races are coming your way
So forget all your duties oh yeah
Fat bottomed girls
They'll be riding today
So look out for those beauties oh yeah
On your marks, get set, go!
Bicycle race bicycle race bicycle race
Bicycle bicycle bicycle
Bicycle bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want a bicycle race

Good luck to him

Steady
06-30-2005, 12:36 PM
Lance is our home boy, here in Austin, Texas....He is a hero and a gentleman.

My money is on him...Kick Ass! Lance and bring it back...USA :salute: , USA :salute: , USA :salute: , USA :salute: !

LiveStrong!!

Evil Chris
06-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by sarah_webinc@Jun 30 2005, 08:29 AM
on Saturday when I went to France on the channel ferry there were a few members of the US Postal team on the boat in their gear...super tall feckers.
Sarah, there is no US Postal team this year.

It's the Discovery Channel team. You saw imposters!

Trev
06-30-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris+Jun 30 2005, 08:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Evil Chris @ Jun 30 2005, 08:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sarah_webinc@Jun 30 2005, 08:29 AM
Sarah, there is no US Postal team this year.

It's the Discovery Channel team. You saw imposters! [/b][/quote]
It's one hell of a way to blag some free stuff and interest the ladies :yowsa: