PDA

View Full Version : Ouch

Bhelliom
06-29-2005, 11:16 AM
MILWAUKEE (AP) - Weighing in at 13 pounds, 12 ounces, Delaney Jessica Buzzell isn't your average newborn. Her parents have even dubbed her the "Big Enchilada."

The baby headed home Tuesday after being delivered by caesarean section June 23 - a surprising three weeks early. Her family isn't quite sure what to make of her weight. The father is 6-foot-2 and the mother is 5-foot-7, and nurse Judy Nadolski described them as "regular-sized."

"We're pretty normal," said 34-year-old Paul Buzzell.

Nadolski said carrying the baby in her arms was like holding a four-or five-month-old infant. The diapers and baby T-shirts also were a little on the snug side.

"It was ready for a steak," the nurse said. "It had quite an appetite."

This isn't the first supersized baby for Paul and Robin Buzzell, from suburban Mequon.

Their now-four-year-old daughter, Cameron, was born weighing 11 pounds, eight ounces, and their second child, Alexis, now 2, weighed in at 10 pounds, eight ounces when she was born.

When Cameron was born, Paul Buzzell said he posted a sign on the door that said "Home of the Whopper." When their second child was born, Buzzell put up a sign describing her as "Whopper Jr."

With the birth of the Big Enchilada, the Buzzells say their family is now complete.

"This will be the last one," Paul Buzzell said.

The child weighs near double the average newborn. And according to the National Center for Health Statistics, less than one per cent of babies weigh more than 11 pounds at birth.

holy babyfat batman....

Newton
06-29-2005, 11:40 AM
That's a big kid .. She needs an Oprano T-Shirt to show off on the news ;)

Bhelliom
06-29-2005, 11:47 AM
the sign of the consummate (SP?) advertiser

Dravyk
06-29-2005, 12:02 PM
"It was ready for a steak," the nurse said.
ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh shit, that quote made my day!

Somebody send the parents a FFN T-shirt!!! ... Seriously. :)

Newton
06-29-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Bhelliom@Jun 29 2005, 07:48 AM
the sign of the consummate (SP?) advertiser
Talking of which, I can give you a special deal :okthumb:

Newton
06-29-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Jun 29 2005, 08:03 AM
"It was ready for a steak," the nurse said.
ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh shit, that quote made my day!

Somebody send the parents a FFN T-shirt!!! ... Seriously. :)
Already on the case ;)

Bhelliom
06-29-2005, 12:12 PM
Lol thanks Newton... I would if I could... but my power around here over money is such that I have a hard time getting them to pay me back for the coffee they send me out for.

Bunch of cheap sons o'.... I mean... kiss up to certain account managers that stalk this board...

TheEnforcer
06-29-2005, 12:36 PM
damn that's big...

kath
06-29-2005, 01:05 PM
"It was ready for a steak," the nurse said. "It had quite an appetite."

Yeah... that one stuck out at me too. What a thing to say about someone's new baby! lol But... the parents dubbed her the "Big Enchillada" and their house "Home of the Whopper" so I guess they were kind of asking for it.

Poor kid... she'll never live this down...

:rolleyes:

Peaches
06-29-2005, 02:28 PM
She had a C-section - real pain would be a vaginal delivery! :zoinks:

kath
06-30-2005, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jun 29 2005, 10:29 AM
She had a C-section - real pain would be a vaginal delivery! :zoinks:
Good point!

Both my kids were c-sections. After I had my first I remember complaining that the incision hurt so bad I couldn't stand up (I walked doubled over for days) - but I quit bitching as soon as I heard the girl in the room next to me crying hysterically that she couldn't sit down... the baby came quick and she literally SPLIT open!

DAMN! :o

So when it came time to decide if I wanted a c-section again for baby #2 I said, "where do I sign up???"

:yowsa:

Dravyk
06-30-2005, 03:05 AM
Ok ... we have vaginas splitting open .... trailers of women deep throated until they puke ... nekkid trail trash skanks having sex .... mysogenistic sex sites ... George Bush still in office ...

So many lovely threads before bed putting so many lovely images into one's mind.

:barfon: :barfon: :barfon:

Sabby
06-30-2005, 03:18 AM
OMG that is so HUGE!!!

My second baby weighed over 9 pounds.

I am 5'1" ... 95 lbs myself.

He was born naturally and from start to finish it only took 1 hour and 20 minutes total. We barely made it out of the car and he was delivered in the lobby of the hospital by an intern who looked about as old as Doogie Houzer. My longest labor of all my 3 kids was the first one and it was 3 hours long. I never got any drugs with any of them.

My older sister... who is a REALLY big woman... had to have all 4 of her kids delivered c-section and they were all really tiny. Go figure.

Sabby:)