PDA

View Full Version : 2257 and foreign models

aquariusphotos
06-24-2005, 05:46 PM
With the new law in effect I have stopped shooting foreign models (Brazilians and Canadians in my case). This is a no brainer unless the law is ammended. However, what are the larger producers doing about this to continue doing business in foreign countries (for instance Red Light District shoots a lot in Brazil)? Can you hire a Brazilian to keep records in Brazil? Work with another photographer in that country and designate him as the promary producer? And what about the content shot before June 23, 2005 since the non acceptamce of foreign government ID could not have been known prior to May, 2005?

I have beautiful Canadian models (30 minutes away) unable to work in the USA anymore. Too bad. :(

Bill

Inabon
06-24-2005, 05:48 PM
MMMM

hit me up we may be able to do something i am interested in the brazilians you shoot and canadians ofcoz for non usa sites..

sorry usa you wont get to see kick ass babes.

Jeremy
06-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Do canadians have the ability to live & work in the US without a visa / green card?

Brad Mitchell
06-25-2005, 11:28 AM
To the best of my limited knowledge, especially with the confusion of these laws, you'd have to set up a rather complicated system in order to have your custodian of records in Brazil and/or Canada?

If you are traveling to both countries, won't a passport be considered the form of ID you'd need to comply?

aquariusphotos
06-26-2005, 09:11 AM
The previous version allowed for passports...but the final version does not accept any foreign government issued id unless the producer and model are both in that country and the producer has the records there.

I imagine that it sucks for the models that are right across the border from us wanting to do another shoot and we have to decline now because it is not legal. We could go to jail....the same as if they were under age.

Bill