PDA

View Full Version : Mendacity!

Dravyk
06-23-2005, 12:08 AM
*sniff sniff*

I'm going around the boards, the resources, reading articles, posts ... and *sniff sniff* I'm smelling things ... Everywhere I go. Strong smells. Rotten smells. Hard to tell at first where it's coming from cause the wind keeps blowing and changing direction. Greed and mendacity. It's filling the air, filling the lungs, and being swallowed whole by large herds of oxygen-deprived sheep.

I think a few lines from one of my favorite writings explains it best. Big Daddy from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof":

"What's that smell in this room? Didn't you notice it Brick? Didn't you notice a powerful and obnoxious odor of mendacity in this room?...There ain't nothin' more powerful than the odor of mendacity...You can smell it. It smells like death."

Ah yes, our industry. Breathe deeply.

sarettah
06-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Jun 22 2005, 11:09 PM
*sniff sniff*

I'm going around the boards, the resources, reading articles, posts ... and *sniff sniff* I'm smelling things ... Everywhere I go. Strong smells. Rotten smells. Hard to tell at first where it's coming from cause the wind keeps blowing and changing direction. Greed and mendacity. It's filling the air, filling the lungs, and being swallowed whole by large herds of oxygen-deprived sheep.

I think a few lines from one of my favorite writings explains it best. Big Daddy from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof":

"What's that smell in this room? Didn't you notice it Brick? Didn't you notice a powerful and obnoxious odor of mendacity in this room?...There ain't nothin' more powerful than the odor of mendacity...You can smell it. It smells like death."

Ah yes, our industry. Breathe deeply.
Sorry about that. I really didn't think any one would notice.

They usually aren't that stinky but I ate beans and drank tequila, ya know ? :yowsa:

Lee
06-23-2005, 12:26 AM
That smell would be the marketing wheels that have been planted by the FSC.

A.K.A

BULLSHIT!

vdc-Loki
06-23-2005, 12:51 AM
I have to perdict that the smell will only get worse from now till 3pm est more and more "leaks" will come out, more firesales, more pledge drives.

I adviced the some folks to just turn off the net for the night if they believe everything they read, or else they'd be out of biz by Friday lol

-Loki-

Dravyk
06-23-2005, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by vdc-Loki@Jun 22 2005, 11:52 PM
I have to perdict that the smell will only get worse from now till 3pm est more and more "leaks" will come out, more firesales, more pledge drives.
Oh there's many more months of what I'm talking about coming down the pike.

The biggest tip off isn't who's saying things, it's who is not saying things.

The second biggest is when someone is saying something or printing something, is who owns what, who knows who, and what do they get out of it.

vdc-Loki
06-23-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Dravyk+Jun 22 2005, 08:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dravyk @ Jun 22 2005, 08:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vdc-Loki@Jun 22 2005, 11:52 PM
Oh there's many more months of what I'm talking about coming down the pike.

The biggest tip off isn't who's saying things, it's who is not saying things.

The second biggest is when someone is saying something or printing something, is who owns what, who knows who, and what do they get out of it. [/b][/quote]
I agree with ya 100% here, but I do think the most will come now at the deadline.

I have an entire line of "conspericy Theories"(sic) surrounding some ppl and I will be very interested to see how many times I am right.

In a way I see this as a possible 2nd coming of the wild wild web days, but maybe i'm just having some flashbacks lol

-Loki-

Dravyk
06-23-2005, 01:30 AM
It's the time in the wild west when the train robbers, bootleggers, land grabbers, carpet baggers and other thieves and vermin all ended up becoming rich and later well respected emperors of their vast dynasties: Hearst, Pulitzer, Carnegie, Getty, Rockefeller ...

Either way, prepare to see a whole lotta ghost towns spring up.

Lee
06-23-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Jun 22 2005, 09:31 PM
I for one cant wait.

1999 here we come again :bdance:

Dravyk
06-23-2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Lee+Jun 23 2005, 12:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lee @ Jun 23 2005, 12:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@Jun 22 2005, 09:31 PM
I for one cant wait.

1999 here we come again :bdance: [/b][/quote]
In Chinese the symbol for Crisis is the same as the symbol for Opportunity. :ph34r:

Lee
06-23-2005, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Dravyk+Jun 22 2005, 09:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dravyk @ Jun 22 2005, 09:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Lee@Jun 23 2005, 12:36 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@Jun 22 2005, 09:31 PM
I for one cant wait.

1999 here we come again :bdance:
In Chinese the symbol for Crisis is the same as the symbol for Opportunity. :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
Wheres the crisis?

Am i missing something? ;)

Newton
06-23-2005, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Lee+Jun 22 2005, 09:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lee @ Jun 22 2005, 09:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@Jun 22 2005, 09:31 PM
I for one cant wait.

1999 here we come again :bdance: [/b][/quote]
This is no time to start performing "the artist formerly known as Prince" lol

http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/grail/grail-02.htm

Peaches
06-23-2005, 09:10 AM
It was the dog - I swear!