PDA

View Full Version : The official going out of business thread...

sarettah
06-22-2005, 10:55 PM
http://xbiz.com/news_piece.php?id=9227

"After the indictment, Jones sold CDBabes to Gecko Productions, which permanently closed its website this month due to new 2257 record-keeping requirements"

-------------------------------------

Just got an email from cloudcash (Voltar) saying that they are closed as of tonight. :unsure:

Any others ?

Post em here...................

Dravyk
06-22-2005, 11:48 PM
Mike Jones sold L&M and CD Babes to David Slaughter two years ago..

Spider and Lady Sharolot did the same with Tassel Productions and Fetish Brokers a year and a half ago.

Those parts of it is old. That both sites are now shut down is indeed news.

Lee
06-23-2005, 12:15 AM
Interesting to see a resource site owner closing down their affiliate program.

You'd have figured they would have had their shit together, seeings as they have been teaching newbs all that sort of stuff for many years.

I guess the addage is true, those who can, do, those who cant teach ;)

Good thing we are also getting ready to launch our new affiliate program in the coming week or two, we'll have plenty of fish to catch :yowsa:

sarettah
06-23-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Jun 22 2005, 10:49 PM

Spider and Lady Sharolot did the same with Tassel Productions and Fetish Brokers a year and a half ago.

Well, that was the part I was talking about :headwall:

I was just showing where I had gotten it from.... :awinky:

Trev
06-23-2005, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Lee@Jun 23 2005, 05:16 AM
Interesting to see a resource site owner closing down their affiliate program.

You'd have figured they would have had their shit together, seeings as they have been teaching newbs all that sort of stuff for many years.

I guess the addage is true, those who can, do, those who cant teach ;)

Good thing we are also getting ready to launch our new affiliate program in the coming week or two, we'll have plenty of fish to catch :yowsa:
Voltar's sites made me laugh my ass off... thank christ for AOL or he'd never have made a sale <_<

OldJeff
06-23-2005, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Jun 22 2005, 10:49 PM

That part is not news either Drav - they have been offline for months

Titan
06-23-2005, 09:15 AM
yeah ive had a few mails about closings .. cant remember now as 2257 doesnt relate to me and THOSE sponsors werent anything i actually promote so i just binned the mails

Dravyk
06-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by OldJeff+Jun 23 2005, 04:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OldJeff @ Jun 23 2005, 04:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@Jun 22 2005, 10:49 PM

That part is not news either Drav - they have been offline for months [/b][/quote]
Jeff, I know. But I'd made Sarettah feel bad enough, I didn't want to rub it in. :P

Hell Puppy
06-25-2005, 03:24 AM
If anyone wants out, we're buying. Drop me a note and let me know what you've got and what you want.

Solvency and 2257 compliance is NOT a requirement, however sanity is. Read that as if I have to throw all your content in the trash and replace it, you best not figure content into your price.

Richard N. Bush
06-25-2005, 10:08 AM
I'd like to state that I'm officially going out on business today, which kinda sucks since it's a weekend.

Oh wait... this is for going out of business. Sorry. :P

Hell Puppy
06-26-2005, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Richard N. Bush@Jun 25 2005, 09:09 AM
I'd like to state that I'm officially going out on business today, which kinda sucks since it's a weekend.

No shit.

No rest for the weary and no end in sight.

If people are going out of business, but no one is selling, maybe it's time to hang out the "help wanted" shingle instead.

Sanity rule still applies, and is often a problem when hiring from within industry.

gonzo
06-27-2005, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Jun 26 2005, 02:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Jun 26 2005, 02:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Richard N. Bush@Jun 25 2005, 09:09 AM

No shit.

If people are going out of business, but no one is selling, maybe it's time to hang out the "help wanted" shingle instead.

Sanity rule still applies, and is often a problem when hiring from within industry. [/b][/quote]
4K and 40%.

Hell Puppy
06-28-2005, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by gonzo+Jun 27 2005, 02:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Jun 27 2005, 02:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Jun 26 2005, 02:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Richard N. Bush@Jun 25 2005, 09:09 AM

No shit.

Sanity rule still applies, and is often a problem when hiring from within industry.
4K and 40%. [/b][/quote]
...and a ride from the subway station.