PDA

View Full Version : Who's smoking what?

Bhelliom
06-20-2005, 10:58 AM
(AP) - Some anti-drug advocates are a little out of joint - over pot-flavoured candy.

Lollipops with names like Purple Haze, Acapulco Gold and Rasta are showing up on the shelves of convenience stores and smoke shops accross the U.S.

The novelties are flavored with hemp oil from the marijuana plant.

But any trace of THC, the stuff that gives marijuana its high, has been removed.

Marketers say their candy is perfectly legal.

But government and law enforcement officials counter that the pot candy sends the wrong message to kids.

A New York City councilwoman plans hearings on the issue this summer.

And the council in an Atlanta suburb has passed a resolution condemning the pot candy.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2005...1096477-ap.html (http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2005/06/20/1096477-ap.html)

Who comes up with stuff like this? and what's the point anyways with the THC out of it :headwall:

Trev
06-20-2005, 11:16 AM
I fail to see the point as well... it's like Alcohol free beer - WTF is that all about :blink:

Steady
06-20-2005, 11:24 AM
But government and law enforcement officials counter that the pot candy sends the wrong message to kids.

I agree, it would send out the wrong message to kids. Take for example candy cigs
that were sold for many years, and before kids would eat the candy they would make belive they were smoking. I know that for a fact...I was one of those kids. :P

Bhelliom
06-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Steady@Jun 20 2005, 07:25 AM

I agree, it would send out the wrong message to kids. Take for example candy cigs
that were sold for many years, and before kids would eat the candy they would make belive they were smoking. I know that for a fact...I was one of those kids. :P
yeah i think everyone used to do that

Mr Benn
06-20-2005, 11:26 AM
That sounds like a dangerous gateway candy which will lead consumers on to try harder candies such as smarties, and sherbert dips.

Trev
06-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Mr Benn@Jun 20 2005, 04:27 PM
That sounds like a dangerous gateway candy which will lead consumers on to try harder candies such as smarties, and sherbert dips.
I hear horror stories everyday about kids robbing and thieving to feed their snickers habits :cryin:

Bhelliom
06-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Trev+Jun 20 2005, 07:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ Jun 20 2005, 07:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mr Benn@Jun 20 2005, 04:27 PM
I hear horror stories everyday about kids robbing and thieving to feed their snickers habits :cryin: [/b][/quote]
Not to mention all the poor kids trading their sandwiches and apples at school for snak-pacs and licorice....

Trev
06-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Bhelliom+Jun 20 2005, 04:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bhelliom @ Jun 20 2005, 04:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Trev@Jun 20 2005, 07:57 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mr Benn@Jun 20 2005, 04:27 PM
I hear horror stories everyday about kids robbing and thieving to feed their snickers habits :cryin:
Not to mention all the poor kids trading their sandwiches and apples at school for snak-pacs and licorice.... [/b][/quote]
What is the world coming to :(

TheEnforcer
06-20-2005, 12:24 PM
The drug war is insane.. it absolutely drives me nuts because oif stuff like this..

Timon
06-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Bhelliom+Jun 20 2005, 10:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bhelliom @ Jun 20 2005, 10:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Trev@Jun 20 2005, 07:57 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mr Benn@Jun 20 2005, 04:27 PM
Not to mention all the poor kids trading their sandwiches and apples at school for snak-pacs and licorice.... [/b][/quote]
Who are they trading with? :blink:

Bhelliom
06-20-2005, 12:39 PM
suckers apparently...

Red
06-20-2005, 01:30 PM
I just can't see how that would even sell. Sure someone will buy it once for the novelty, but let's face it, how good can it taste? I used to have to make my pot brownies extra chocolaty so the pot taste wouldn't be so strong.
And without the THC, what's the point. It's like drinking decaf, why bother?

As far as the kids go, I agree it''s not a good idea, but I also think they are not the target audience. Names like Purple Haze and Acapulco Gold have more meaning to the kids of my generation.

I can see selling them in head shops, but not convenience stores.

EroticySteve
06-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Bhelliom@Jun 20 2005, 06:59 AM
(AP) - Some anti-drug advocates are a little out of joint - over pot-flavoured candy.

Lollipops with names like Purple Haze, Acapulco Gold and Rasta are showing up on the shelves of convenience stores and smoke shops accross the U.S.

The novelties are flavored with hemp oil from the marijuana plant.

But any trace of THC, the stuff that gives marijuana its high, has been removed.

Marketers say their candy is perfectly legal.

A New York City councilwoman plans hearings on the issue this summer.

And the council in an Atlanta suburb has passed a resolution condemning the pot candy.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2005...1096477-ap.html (http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2005/06/20/1096477-ap.html)

Who comes up with stuff like this? and what's the point anyways with the THC out of it :headwall:
Boring. Parents need to worry less about what is going on in the world and more about being good parents. That has seemed to escape a lot of people. Good parents seem to be the exception these days.

As for these candies being a bad idea in that they'll lead to possible future bad or illegal behavior is ludicrous.