PDA

View Full Version : PHP Programmer with Strong dB Skills

Dravyk
06-16-2005, 04:34 AM
If you can only have two of the three: cheap, fast or good. I'm looking for someone who is good and reasonably-priced and will forego if it takes a little while to do.

Need a PHP programmer with strong database skills for a specific project. Part links list, part search engine, part articles manager, part calandar, part rate a site, part review site, and some more stuff in one.

Items in a category must be able to be searched and linked from a variety of associations, not just by one. (Let's say it's a car, must be able to search by adding or subtracting things such as color, number of doors, style, etc.) Items in different categories must be cross-linked to the other categoies. So we're talking listings and advanced searches. (For instance, show all fruits that are red, show all vegetables that are green, Italian and spicy, etc.)

We're also talking many crossed links, for instance if someone mentions in Category A an item that is a Category B item, mentioning it gives an URL link automatically to it's page over in the B area. (Let's say the A area was movies, and in mentioning a movie, a book from B area is mentioned, it automatically links to the mention to the book's own page over in B. And visa versa.)

Items must also be able to be pulled from a specific calandar and placed into a listing by date. (Let's say Joe, Joan, and Jean each have their own calandars. A seperate page done by date would call each of their items into it and display the list.)

Multiple permissions: main admin, general submissions, and a special (moderator or editor type sub-admin) in between that tacks a user to one specific item he/she can edit by logging in via username/password. In the management area, all items go into a pending folder, and must be approved by admin to publish on site. (Appove, edit and approve, delete, etc.) Also need an article or news section with admin and subadmin permissions.

Ratings and review system required for each item. Items results from clicking categories or doing a search must be able to be sorted and displayed on the pages in a variety of ways: alphabetically, by editor's choice, users ratings, dates, other fields and both ascending and decending.

A newsletter component must be able to take items automatically from the site by category and by current date or date range and add them preformatted into the newsletter. Newsletter must be able to use HTML coding out. Double opt-in, double opt-out.

Newsletter must also be able to automatically import names from a seperate forum's database on a different domain (same server) and put those in as automatic opt-in, and then allow for double-optout that would effect only opting out of the newsletter, not from the board.

Hit me up here and at harryk at clevergloves.com with quotes and/or additional questions and web page samples.

sarettah
06-16-2005, 09:14 AM
2 weeks....

:yowsa:

TheEnforcer
06-16-2005, 10:07 AM
What the fuck is your fascination with gloves?

Trev
06-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Jun 16 2005, 03:08 PM
It's either OCD or he's a hitman :o

Dravyk
06-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Jun 16 2005, 09:08 AM
The same as yours with sharks, but in reverse. :nyanya:

Lee
06-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Drav,

Shoot an email across to allan@auscoding.com see if he'll be able to help you out :)

Alternately, try woj@wojfun.com we use him occasionally for smaller things because he has attitude but, he is a good programmer non the less :)

We'd take you on board as a client at http://www.sourcecoding.com but we're swamped atm :(

Dravyk
06-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Thanks, Lee! Much obliged!

DrGuile
06-16-2005, 05:05 PM
So you want PHP-Nuke

sarettah
06-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile@Jun 16 2005, 04:06 PM
So you want PHP-Nuke
lolololol.....

First line of the reply I started on was "you might be able to do this with a modified version of phpnuke" :yowsa:

Dravyk
06-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by sarettah+Jun 16 2005, 04:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ Jun 16 2005, 04:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DrGuile@Jun 16 2005, 04:06 PM
So you want PHP-Nuke
lolololol.....

First line of the reply I started on was "you might be able to do this with a modified version of phpnuke" :yowsa: [/b][/quote]
Though it does at first glance sound something like a modified Nuke ... but nope. In fact no single CMS could do this.

This requires better search capabilities and a link list type "styling". Nuke doesn't have the permission levels or other things required either.

Really difficult to explain what I have in mind without examples.

sarettah
06-17-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Jun 16 2005, 07:17 PM
Though it does at first glance sound something like a modified Nuke ... but nope. In fact no single CMS could do this.

This requires better search capabilities and a link list type "styling". Nuke doesn't have the permission levels or other things required either.

That is why I said "modified". :)

I did not say lightly modified :)

Dravyk
06-17-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by sarettah+Jun 16 2005, 11:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ Jun 16 2005, 11:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@Jun 16 2005, 07:17 PM

That is why I said "modified". :)

I did not say lightly modified :) [/b][/quote]
Hmmm. Now where's the special trout I keep only to hit programmers with? ... You know, the frozen one. <_<

Lee
06-17-2005, 01:59 AM
Actually Drav, its not difficult to follow at all, i actually started looking for something similar a few months back to tie our resource network together under one umbrella site whilst still keeping them seperate ;)

cd34
06-17-2005, 10:48 AM
You might take a look at

http://midgard-project.org/

At least starting with an existing framework you would have a slight advantage. Since you chose PHP, you could use one of their CMS backends and stay with PHP code on top of their framework. Its not extremely lightweight, but, it does pretty well under load.

Otherwise, I think you're going to want to try using an existing CMS that has the modules you need -- perhaps start the search at http://cmsmatrix.org/ and put in the options and see if you can find something that is close.

sarettah
06-17-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Lee@Jun 17 2005, 01:00 AM
Actually Drav, its not difficult to follow at all, i actually started looking for something similar a few months back to tie our resource network together under one umbrella site whilst still keeping them seperate ;)
Of course it's not hard for you to follow. You're a user too............ :yowsa:

always remember... User is a four letter word :blink: