PDA

View Full Version : Internext Early Registration deadline extended

Aly_AVN
06-14-2005, 01:37 PM
The deadline for early registration for Internext has been bumped to midnight on June 17th.

Register early for a discount on your badge.

www.InternextConference.com

Nickatilynx
06-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Aly_AVN@Jun 14 2005, 09:38 AM
The deadline for early registration for Internext has been bumped to midnight on June 17th.

Register early for a discount on your badge.

www.InternextConference.com
Not much demand?

LOL

Lee
06-14-2005, 01:45 PM
So is it $300 a ticket on the 18th?

TheEnforcer
06-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Is this the show where you are required to stay at the show hotel?

Peaches
06-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Jun 14 2005, 01:49 PM
I don't think so - but you can't stay at the hotel unless you have a show pass. I'm pretty sure you can stay at whatever hotel you want.

TheEnforcer
06-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Jun 14 2005, 12:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Jun 14 2005, 12:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@Jun 14 2005, 01:49 PM
I don't think so - but you can't stay at the hotel unless you have a show pass. I'm pretty sure you can stay at whatever hotel you want. [/b][/quote]
Cool. I hope that is the case.

Newton
06-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Why has it been extended?

Aly_AVN
06-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Newton@Jun 14 2005, 11:01 AM
Why has it been extended?
It seemed a little unfair to have the deadline during Cybernet. Many people plan for Internext after that show. So... we bumped it.

Newton
06-17-2005, 09:30 PM
So it was a scheduling issue .. cool

alyssa
06-20-2005, 10:50 AM
Hey Aly ! Aly here ; ) Hope you are doing well, dahling !

Was hoping you might pass on some thoughts to the powers that be....I was just at the Internext website - geeeeeeeeeeez !

<whine mode on>

You guys actually want us to have to wait on a show registration line before we can even check into the hotel, drop off our bags, and freshen up in our rooms?????? Lotsa people travel LOTSA hours to get to these things. I, for one, will be whining loudly the whole time I am on line : ) Lines (and the Internext ones are notoriously and unnecessarily long) are bad enough when you are "ready for them". Put me in one after a day of: a. getting to the aiport, b. dealing with the airport lines and waiting, c. flying several hours next to the kid with the ear infection who is screaming the whole time (I ALWAYS GET THAT SEAT - IT'S A CONSPIRACY, I TELL YA!), d. the luggage retrieval, and e. the ride (at either 20 mph or 120 mph - there is no happy medium ! hehehehehe) to the hotel - and I am just so NOT ready to stand in another line until I can drop off my bags and relax a bit.

I think AVN should really reconsider this one ! I doubt I will be the only one whining ! LOL

<whine mode off>

And hey, while I got ya ! If you do this "mailed badges" (which make no sense if I have to stand in line again to register/show proof of identity anyhow) thing in the future, sure would be nice to have a place on the online form for a shipping address that is different from the billing address !

I appreciate your passing along my thoughts along with all the others you always get !

Newton
06-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by alyssa@Jun 20 2005, 06:51 AM
You guys actually want us to have to wait on a show registration line before we can even check into the hotel, drop off our bags, and freshen up in our rooms?????? Lotsa people travel LOTSA hours to get to these things. I, for one, will be whining loudly the whole time I am on line : ) Lines (and the Internext ones are notoriously and unnecessarily long) are bad enough when you are "ready for them". Put me in one after a day of: a. getting to the aiport, b. dealing with the airport lines and waiting, c. flying several hours next to the kid with the ear infection who is screaming the whole time (I ALWAYS GET THAT SEAT - IT'S A CONSPIRACY, I TELL YA!), d. the luggage retrieval, and e. the ride (at either 20 mph or 120 mph - there is no happy medium ! hehehehehe) to the hotel - and I am just so NOT ready to stand in another line until I can drop off my bags and relax a bit.

I think AVN should really reconsider this one ! I doubt I will be the only one whining ! LOL

Delightful insight :okthumb:

Rule of thumb when flying, always travel with an mp3 player as you will always get that seat ;)

Trev
06-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Newton+Jun 20 2005, 04:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Newton @ Jun 20 2005, 04:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-alyssa@Jun 20 2005, 06:51 AM

Delightful insight :okthumb:

Rule of thumb when flying, always travel with an mp3 player as you will always get that seat ;) [/b][/quote]
This is why I think people should be allowed to fly with tazers... zap the little S.O.B and put him to sleep :redance:

Some excellent points there Alyssa :okthumb:

alyssa
06-20-2005, 11:30 AM
ROFL - - tazer - - that's what I need !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aly_AVN
06-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by alyssa@Jun 20 2005, 07:31 AM
ROFL - - tazer - - that's what I need !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS Aly! I will definitely pass on your thoughts (verbatim I think, because they were rather poetic!) That said, I'm in the process of working out a solution with wristbands that should address this issue.

Good point on the mailing address... I just finished my 3rd coffee and am now in great shape to go yell at someone! Off I go! :ph34r:

Dravyk
06-20-2005, 03:06 PM
So much money and then a long wait in line, all in order to go to an overpriced hotel with overpriced drinks in the middle of August to sweat ass and not be blown away with a hurricane ... Oh yeah, makes absolute sense. Great incentive to going. :headwall:

Maybe the following convention can be $500 per person in Death Valley and everyone can walk 30 miles from the airport with their bags. And every attendee has to get needles as a snake-bite and scorpion-sting preventative and water is $20 per six ounces. Yeah, that would be a definite draw! :blink:

Electra
06-20-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm always the last to know...it's going to be $300 now? I'm confused. The shows are getting smaller and smaller yet they cost more and more to get in? Is this some new kind of economics ?

:unsure:

Newton
06-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Someone has to pay LOL