PDA

View Full Version : love gov't policy

Bhelliom
06-13-2005, 04:34 PM
DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- At 83, Betty Dick faces eviction from her home of a quarter century by a landlord with a lot of clout: the Department of the Interior.

Dick splits her time between Scottsdale, Arizona, and a cabin on 23 acres about four miles north of the west entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. Her neighbors are moose and elk. She's surrounded by the Continental Divide on three sides. The Colorado River, still a creek near its beginning, trickles by her door.

"It's absolutely the most peaceful place in the world," Dick said in a telephone interview Friday.

Not that she's had much peace of mind lately. Her late husband, Fred, owned land in the park and signed a 25-year agreement with the Interior Department that allowed them to stay on part of it. The agreement expires July 16.

She's eighty freakin three....
stupid DOI... let her stay the 2 year's she's going to live

Bhelliom
06-13-2005, 04:36 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/13/park.eviction.ap/index.html

link to that if you're interested

Trev
06-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Bhelliom@Jun 13 2005, 09:35 PM
DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- At 83, Betty Dick faces eviction from her home of a quarter century by a landlord with a lot of clout: the Department of the Interior.

Dick splits her time between Scottsdale, Arizona, and a cabin on 23 acres about four miles north of the west entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. Her neighbors are moose and elk. She's surrounded by the Continental Divide on three sides. The Colorado River, still a creek near its beginning, trickles by her door.

"It's absolutely the most peaceful place in the world," Dick said in a telephone interview Friday.

Not that she's had much peace of mind lately. Her late husband, Fred, owned land in the park and signed a 25-year agreement with the Interior Department that allowed them to stay on part of it. The agreement expires July 16.

She's eighty freakin three....
stupid DOI... let her stay the 2 year's she's going to live
Sorry... I know it's childish but I never made it past what I've bolded...

I've had too much coffee I think :unsure: