PDA

View Full Version : I'm a dangerous man !

Nickatilynx
06-09-2005, 11:32 AM
KELOWNA, B.C. (CP) - A houseboat with scores of partiers on board tipped over and dumped the celebrants into the chilly waters of Okanagan Lake late Wednesday night.

Police said 60 passengers have been accounted for, but that one woman pulled from the water was in critical condition.

RCMP Staff Sgt. Phil Boissonneault says police arrived to find the house boat upside down about 200 metres off shore near the Grand Hotel.

"There were persons in the process of making their way to shore as well as getting assistance from another vessel that went out to help people." said Boissonneault.

Some patrons at a nearby pub also went in the water to help passengers.

"There is only one person that is currently in the hospital, a female passenger who is in critical condition in the hospital," said Boissonneault.

He said he believed there were 60 people on board and that they have all been accounted for.

The water was calm at the time of the accident. Boissonneault said "indications are" there was a party on the houseboat and that it was overloaded.

RCMP say the houseboat is under water and one diver at the scene will have to wait for light and members of the Vancouver dive unit before going in.

Police say one saving grace is how close to shore the mishap occurred.

So.... last weekend , I'm up at Kelowna staying at the Grand as normal.

Well all night there is this fucking party houseboat moored up nearby kicking out really loud and crap music allnight.

So nowadays , being sober , I'm a bit pissy and am outside wishing a lot of hurtful shit on the partyiers.

My brother phones and says "whats that noise in the background" and I launch into a rant about it

Well , I Hope everyone is allright though, I heard some of the hotel staff were onboard and I have got to know them quit well.

:(

Titan
06-09-2005, 11:36 AM
damn thats bad timing .. oh well hope the ladie pulls through and the other people are okay

Trev
06-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Where was Anthony when this happened :eninja:

Anthony
06-09-2005, 11:51 AM
I was at home watching HBO.

:)

Timon
06-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Anthony@Jun 9 2005, 10:52 AM

Alledgedly ;-)

TheEnforcer
06-09-2005, 12:36 PM
That must of been a bit of a shock...

Anthony
06-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Timon+Jun 9 2005, 08:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Timon @ Jun 9 2005, 08:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Anthony@Jun 9 2005, 10:52 AM

Alledgedly ;-) [/b][/quote]
Alledgely indeed.

Let's not bring up I joined the Navy for Special Warfare, either.

That would just clinch the whole deal.

*KK*
06-09-2005, 02:47 PM
I guess those people never heard about keeping the weight to the high side of the boat.

JoesHO
06-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by *KK*@Jun 9 2005, 10:48 AM
I guess those people never heard about keeping the weight to the high side of the boat.
I think the HIGH part was the problem