PDA

View Full Version : Shenanigans !

sarettah
05-25-2005, 09:26 PM
I am calling shenanigans against the british bastard Trev the Tyrant in the challenge.

Yeah Trev, I mean you, don't give me that innocent "who me ?" look dammit :yowsa:

Anyway, heres the deal.

One of the parts of the contest is "Total Conversions, including emails collected"

So, we have not designated that these have to be valid opt in emails and that part is fine.

However, the brit has put a little script on his page that "steals" the email from the computer rather than collecting the email addy.

Now, on the surface, technically that is not in violation of any rule. However, we have a rule that we agreed upon that stated that we were not going to support any spyware, adware, scumware and their ilk. I think this little british bastard script acts a little too much like scumware and should therefore be classified as such.

So, Mr. Umpire (Dravyk) that is what I am charging.

I await your ever so thoughtful, intelligent and illuminating decision (did I ever tell you how good you look lately Drav ? You lost some weight or something ? Cause man, you be looking fine, ya know :yowsa: )

Nickatilynx
05-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@May 25 2005, 05:27 PM
I am calling shenanigans against the british bastard Trev the Tyrant in the challenge.

Yeah Trev, I mean you, don't give me that innocent "who me ?" look dammit :yowsa:

Anyway, heres the deal.

One of the parts of the contest is "Total Conversions, including emails collected"

So, we have not designated that these have to be valid opt in emails and that part is fine.

However, the brit has put a little script on his page that "steals" the email from the computer rather than collecting the email addy.

Now, on the surface, technically that is not in violation of any rule. However, we have a rule that we agreed upon that stated that we were not going to support any spyware, adware, scumware and their ilk. I think this little british bastard script acts a little too much like scumware and should therefore be classified as such.

I await your ever so thoughtful, intelligent and illuminating decision (did I ever tell you how good you look lately Drav ? You lost some weight or something ? Cause man, you be looking fine, ya know :yowsa: )
I think he should get extra marks for initiatives.

A trick like that makes the difference between making it and just making.

:)

iknowalttl
05-25-2005, 09:46 PM

well.... since Becky ran off, I guess he has gotta have something working on his side to take her place...

Newton
05-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Is he in the lead? :yowsa:

JoesHO
05-25-2005, 11:38 PM
hahaah :biglaugh:

sarettah
05-25-2005, 11:57 PM
You 4 are all off of my Christmas List...............

Dammit :blink:

sarettah
05-26-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by iknowalttl@May 25 2005, 08:47 PM

well.... since Becky ran off, I guess he has gotta have something working on his side to take her place...
Ya know, he doesn't need your fucking help to make a case, ya know.

You sound just like that fucking golfer a couple of years ago, I don't have any legs, so I should be able to use the fucking cart...waaaaa waaaa waaaa waaaaa

Life deals you something, you live with it, it doesn't give you license to become a fucking scammer and break all the rules.

Ya know !!

Life without rules would be like.... Fun or something.

And we cannot fucking have that.

dammit

:groucho:

iknowalttl
05-26-2005, 12:18 AM
technically that is not in violation of any rule.

hmmm.....

[QUOTE]However, we have a rule that we agreed upon that stated that we were not going to support any spyware, adware, scumware and their ilk.QUOTE]

is it a rule or is it not...

iknowalttl
05-26-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by sarettah@May 26 2005, 12:01 AM
You sound just like that fucking golfer a couple of years ago, I don't have any legs, so I should be able to use the fucking cart...waaaaa waaaa waaaa waaaaa

Who is it doing the complaining here???

I'm sure you can come up with a script... rules allow for changes to the sites...

sarettah
05-26-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by iknowalttl@May 25 2005, 11:19 PM
[quote]technically that is not in violation of any rule.

hmmm.....

However, we have a rule that we agreed upon that stated that we were not going to support any spyware, adware, scumware and their ilk.QUOTE]

is it a rule or is it not...
Depends on what our umpire says dammit.

How come you cut the part that said "on the surface," That prefaced that, huh ?

Playing spin doctor for the babbling Brit ?

You watch fox news, don't you ?

Admit it, you're just a fucking ditto head asshole right wing extremeist scumbag, aren't you.

Always appeasing whatever the fuck your British fuck buddy wants you too, right ?

:nyanya:

sarettah
05-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by iknowalttl+May 25 2005, 11:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (iknowalttl @ May 25 2005, 11:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sarettah@May 26 2005, 12:01 AM

[/b][/quote]
Well, you're sitting there whining for the little bitch.

Ewww ewww, I lost Becki so I'm behind and I need to cheat to catch up because eeew eeew I lost becki eeew eeew...

:groucho:

iknowalttl
05-26-2005, 12:32 AM
hahahhaha... I'm not taking sides with anyone here... Heck, I know you bettter than I do him... not that it is saying much cause I really don't know anyone here and some I have had dealings with for several years and just now starting to realize it.

sarettah
05-26-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by iknowalttl@May 25 2005, 11:33 PM
hahahhaha... I'm not taking sides with anyone here... Heck, I know you bettter than I do him... not that it is saying much cause I really don't know anyone here and some I have had dealings with for several years and just now starting to realize it.
Yeah, thats it spinboy, try to back on up.

Typical fucking right wing conservative nazi gay brit (oxymoron there) fucking shit.

Eeeew, now I'm losing so I'll just pretend I never said it and maybe they won't notice that I just went completely belly up and ran away from the big mean liberal...eewwwwww

iknowalttl
05-26-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by sarettah+May 26 2005, 12:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ May 26 2005, 12:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by iknowalttl@May 25 2005, 11:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sarettah@May 26 2005, 12:01 AM

Well, you're sitting there whining for the little bitch.

Ewww ewww, I lost Becki so I'm behind and I need to cheat to catch up because eeew eeew I lost becki eeew eeew...

:groucho: [/b][/quote]
Ohhhhh... I was under the mis-impression that the whinnin started about the same time the thread was posted :blink:

sarettah
05-26-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by The Brit Lover
Ohhhhh... I was under the mis-impression that the whinnin started about the same time the thread was posted :blink:
There's a lot of difference between a "point of order" and a whine with the biggest being that if I do it, it's a point of order. But if some right wing Brit Loving America Hating little Nazi Commie Ass KiSSing scumbag does it, it's a whine.

Dammit

:yowsa:

iknowalttl
05-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by sarettah@May 26 2005, 12:36 AM
Eeeew, now I'm losing so I'll just pretend I never said it and maybe they won't notice that I just went completely belly up and ran away from the big mean liberal...eewwwwww

Fuck that..... the brits don't have anything on us... just let the hammer down and dust his ass

iknowalttl
05-26-2005, 12:46 AM
hoooooooold up there..... "America hating".... you definitely got it all wrong :salute:

Newton
05-26-2005, 01:05 AM
So he is in the lead then lol

Dravyk
05-26-2005, 01:57 AM

As spyware, adware and scumware actually force and download malicious software to a users computer against their will. And this email address capturer does not invade surfers computers in this way at all ....

I declare it is legal and with in the rules! :okthumb:

... So sayeth The Umpire. :ph34r:

Newton
05-26-2005, 02:04 AM
As he approaches this par 3 hole, trepidation on his face, he needs something glorious here to retake the lead .. He's anxious as he spies the fairway .. a slow gentle wind up and a perfect execution on that swing .. Its looking good .. very good infact .. it lands just short of the pin, a very tricky green to predict .. I don't believe it ... its rolling towards the hole ... ITS IN! .. what a fabulous shoot and the crowd go wild ... lol

TheEnforcer
05-26-2005, 02:05 AM
He lost becki? :blink: :huh:

Dravyk
05-26-2005, 02:10 AM
:rolleyes:

I further rule .....

that you're all fucking nuts!!! :gbounce:

Newton
05-26-2005, 02:10 AM
Sanity is so overrated :)

Dravyk
05-26-2005, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Newton@May 26 2005, 01:11 AM
Sanity is so overrated :)
Ya gotta point there. :)

Trev
05-26-2005, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Dravyk@May 26 2005, 06:58 AM

As spyware, adware and scumware actually force and download malicious software to a users computer against their will. And this email address capturer does not invade surfers computers in this way at all ....

Thank you very much Mr Umpire :)

I was awaiting your decision before addressing the little girl calling foul. :P

This script merely submits a form by email, the user must click submit therefore I see nothing malicious. Yes maybe it is a tad aggressive in the fact that it will persistently ask for the user to submit, but this is war... erm... business. :redance:

Trev
05-26-2005, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+May 26 2005, 02:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ May 26 2005, 02:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sarettah@May 25 2005, 05:27 PM

Anyway, heres the deal.

I think he should get extra marks for initiatives.

A trick like that makes the difference between making it and just making.

:) [/b][/quote]
One has to try :)

Trev
05-26-2005, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Newton@May 26 2005, 06:06 AM
So he is in the lead then lol
I'm not sure...

$1.21 with AdultFriendFinder
1 Female free sign-up with AdultDateLink
4 opt-in email addresses
197 'other' email addresses

I'd have to see what the other guys have B)

Trev
05-26-2005, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@May 26 2005, 07:06 AM
I didn't lose her.....

.... I just can't remember where put her is all :blink:

sarettah
05-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Dravyk@May 26 2005, 12:58 AM

Ok, i see who's payroll your on.mmm..

Well, then i will just go win the sales part.

Cause I would bet I have a whole lot more credit cards than the brit version of WEASEL !

JoesHO
05-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Trev+May 26 2005, 12:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ May 26 2005, 12:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@May 26 2005, 06:58 AM

Thank you very much Mr Umpire :)

I was awaiting your decision before addressing the little girl calling foul. :P

This script merely submits a form by email, the user must click submit therefore I see nothing malicious. Yes maybe it is a tad aggressive in the fact that it will persistently ask for the user to submit, but this is war... erm... business. :redance: [/b][/quote]
can I have a copy of that script.... ummm I need verification inspection :D

Trev
05-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by sarettah@May 26 2005, 02:19 PM
Cause I would bet I have a whole lot more credit cards than the brit version of WEASEL !

:blink:

Dravyk
05-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@May 26 2005, 10:30 AM
Ahem, I believe that is my line. :unsure:

Trev
05-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk+May 26 2005, 05:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dravyk @ May 26 2005, 05:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JoesHO1@May 26 2005, 10:30 AM
Ahem, I believe that is my line. :unsure: [/b][/quote]
I will have to consult the owner and contributor of the script before I can give a yay or nay.

BUT I will say that the collection and inspection of these emails has brought some juicy information about this traffic :D

Dravyk
05-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Trev+May 26 2005, 11:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ May 26 2005, 11:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by Dravyk@May 26 2005, 05:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-JoesHO1@May 26 2005, 10:30 AM
I will have to consult the owner and contributor of the script before I can give a yay or nay.[/b][/quote]
Um, did I remember to say withholding evidence can result in forfiture of the game? :)

No pressure mind you. None at all. Totally up and up, you know. Must make sure everything is spot on. Just doing my job and all that rot. :)

Lee
05-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@May 25 2005, 10:06 PM
He should have looked under the sofa cushion.

DrGuile
05-26-2005, 01:48 PM
You are technically correct; The Best kind of correct.

(5 extra points for guessing where the quote is from)

Mr Benn
05-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Trev+May 26 2005, 08:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ May 26 2005, 08:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by Dravyk@May 26 2005, 05:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-JoesHO1@May 26 2005, 10:30 AM
I will have to consult the owner and contributor of the script before I can give a yay or nay.

[/b][/quote]
No probs getting a copy of the script.. there's something in Trev's one i'd rather have edited out though, so please PM me for a copy.

I've also got post-collection system scripts if anyone with a lot of traffic wants to take things further :ph34r:

Dravyk
05-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Mr Benn@May 26 2005, 12:52 PM
No probs getting a copy of the script.. there's something in Trev's one i'd rather have edited out though, so please PM me for a copy.

I've also got post-collection system scripts if anyone with a lot of traffic wants to take things further :ph34r:
Awwww. :inlove:

I think I made a new best friend today. :yowsa:

BillPMB
05-26-2005, 02:07 PM
Don't worry Sar, 197 addresses like wangduckdo@pekinginternet.china aren't worth a whole lot.

An auto collection form is beyond aggressive. That's something I'd do.

http://www.onon.com/scripts/emaiharvesting/force.zip if you want something like that.

:matey:

Dravyk
05-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by BillPMB@May 26 2005, 01:08 PM
An auto collection form is beyond aggressive. That's something I'd do.
LOL! :pearl:

Mr Benn
05-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by BillPMB@May 26 2005, 10:08 AM
Don't worry Sar, 197 addresses like wangduckdo@pekinginternet.china aren't worth a whole lot.

Just looked at some old data gathered with this technique, and only 2 entries jump out as being non-valid. You're not going to get the result if people have invalid settings for their mail clients, so the vast majority are genuine. You probably get more crap from people entering data into a form by themselves really.

You also get the "Name" <blah@blah.com> part they send mails as, for a bonus ;)

Trev
05-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Mr Benn+May 26 2005, 07:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr Benn @ May 26 2005, 07:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BillPMB@May 26 2005, 10:08 AM

Just looked at some old data gathered with this technique, and only 2 entries jump out as being non-valid. You're not going to get the result if people have invalid settings for their mail clients, so the vast majority are genuine. You probably get more crap from people entering data into a form by themselves really.

You also get the "Name" <blah@blah.com> part they send mails as, for a bonus ;) [/b][/quote]
SHHHH!!! You're giving away some of the things that allow me to know this traffic better than Sarettah and NickP :P

sarettah
05-26-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by BillPMB@May 26 2005, 01:08 PM
http://www.onon.com/scripts/emaiharvesting/force.zip if you want something like that.

Looks like a great script.

Gonna have to play with it a bit to get it properly structured though... :blink:

Trev
05-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by sarettah+May 26 2005, 08:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ May 26 2005, 08:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BillPMB@May 26 2005, 01:08 PM

Looks like a great script.

Gonna have to play with it a bit to get it properly structured though... :blink: [/b][/quote]
You want to see what else I'm adding :ph34r:

sarettah
05-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Trev@May 26 2005, 02:33 PM
I'm not talking to you.

Trev
05-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by sarettah+May 26 2005, 08:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ May 26 2005, 08:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Trev@May 26 2005, 02:33 PM
I'm not talking to you. [/b][/quote]
That really is a shame... I was willing to share B)

NickPapageorgio
05-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Trev+May 26 2005, 11:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ May 26 2005, 11:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by sarettah@May 26 2005, 08:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Trev@May 26 2005, 02:33 PM
I'm not talking to you.
That really is a shame... I was willing to share B) [/b][/quote]
So, just for learning purposes, what does the information you are collecting from emails tell you about the traffic? You don't have to name specifics but I would like to know the types of things that can be learned from such a...shady...technique. ;)

Trev
05-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio+May 26 2005, 10:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NickPapageorgio @ May 26 2005, 10:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Trev@May 26 2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by sarettah@May 26 2005, 08:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Trev@May 26 2005, 02:33 PM
I'm not talking to you.
That really is a shame... I was willing to share B)
So, just for learning purposes, what does the information you are collecting from emails tell you about the traffic? You don't have to name specifics but I would like to know the types of things that can be learned from such a...shady...technique. ;) [/b][/quote]
I'll tell you tomorrow :)

Pro_Zac
05-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Your not as nice as I took you for trev. Its cool ;)

Trev
05-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Pro_Zac@May 27 2005, 12:14 AM
I've never said anything :ph34r:

Nice to see you're back home :)

sarettah
05-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Pro_Zac@May 26 2005, 06:14 PM
He's a fucking bastard.

Pro, would you please tell Trevor that I am still not speaking to his gay limey ass.

Thanx in advance. :rolleyes: