PDA

View Full Version : we are officially back from Spain...

Winetalk.com
05-25-2005, 12:36 PM
http://www.winetalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1279

*KK*
05-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Interesting commentary Serge, good to see the high and the low points listed.

Winetalk.com
05-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by *KK*@May 25 2005, 12:34 PM
Interesting commentary Serge, good to see the high and the low points listed.
few comments I missed:
I am a hard to travel with traveller...I wake up early, I have an engine in my ass when I travel, and as any man on this planet I expect everybody to tag along...which often doesn't happen.
Mike and Katie were travelling together to Europe for the first time and I expected the worst from the "newbies", but....we truly enjoyed their company, and even though we don't always saw eye to eye with food (as you know, I eat ANYTHING what moves and flies with back towards the sun ;), art, with exception to Miro, whom we ALL condemed as "beyond salvation", we had a GREAT time together.

Mike was driving, and driving stick in Europe, with marginal street names, semi drunk after wine tasting (I say semi, because I was finishing all his glasses for the sake of safety :) IS a challenge. Michael came on top, he is an excellent driver.
We managed only one "car accident", but..we were the ones who were T-Boned at the underground parking lot...with no damages to either car. The Spanish driver wanted to make something out of it, but was told to fuck off in 4 different languages, pics taken by us on the spot showing NO DAMAGE so...he finally followed the directions given
:)

Katie lost her virginity with us....she tried some foods she thought she'd never eat.

so did Michael and Susanne (Squid and rice cooked in it's own ink...I passed and was labeled as..."picky, unadventerous eater". Diner at Morrocan Restaurant in Granada was another "culinary adventure for Mike, and I have pics to prove he has it under his belt now, with Arabic sign written right above his head "If you are a Republican, this food will give you ulcer" ;)

Here are the pics:
http://nocomments.com/2/Spain/

Nickatilynx
05-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Fuck!!!

I actually like Miro's colours lol

Mike AI
05-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Serge, it was a pleasure traveling with you. Katie and I enjoyed the company, as much as Spain!

We do have a certificate for you.

http://www.zymetrical.com/images/products/dlbackseat.jpg

:D :lol:

TheEnforcer
05-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Glad you guys had a good time! :)

Newton
05-25-2005, 04:32 PM
Gorgeous photos and welcome back ;) Spain is just delightful ..

Winetalk.com
05-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@May 25 2005, 03:14 PM
Serge, it was a pleasure traveling with you. Katie and I enjoyed the company, as much as Spain!

We do have a certificate for you.

http://www.zymetrical.com/images/products/dlbackseat.jpg

:D :lol:
oh yeah???? If it wasn't for THIS back seat driver, we'd still be circling around the Madrid Airport looking for our hotel

BTW, have you noticed how quite I was after wine tastings? All you had to do was giving me your wine and I'd never opened my mouth

YOU have pictures to prove it!

Winetalk.com
05-25-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 25 2005, 02:56 PM
Fuck!!!

I actually like Miro's colours lol
...and I'll save you from sending me his autograph from auction houses..

JoesHO
05-25-2005, 11:40 PM
good to hear you guys had a good time. i hope it was a FRUITful visit.

pushpills
05-25-2005, 11:56 PM
Welcome back! Are those all of the pics?

Winetalk.com
05-26-2005, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@May 25 2005, 10:41 PM
good to hear you guys had a good time. i hope it was a FRUITful visit.
Joe, very FRUITful

we wouldn't take it any other way

Winetalk.com
05-26-2005, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by pushpills@May 25 2005, 10:57 PM
you want more? Michael has 500+ more comming and after he posts them - you go look and I'll quiz you the next day

pushpills
05-26-2005, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Winetalk.com+May 26 2005, 12:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Winetalk.com @ May 26 2005, 12:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pushpills@May 25 2005, 10:57 PM
you want more? Michael has 500+ more comming and after he posts them - you go look and I'll quiz you the next day
:) [/b][/quote]
cool :)

el pres
05-26-2005, 08:26 AM
Nice pics, perfect time of year to come here aswell.

Did you explore Granada much? The area between the Alhambra and the cathedral has some amazing cave houses, I love wandering around old Spanish towns, you turn into an alley and it turns into a massive plaza.. I drive the wife mad, she's Spanish so she's seen it all before, me I'm still impressed :biglaugh:

If you have plans to go back, try the north Atlantic coast. Galicia through to San Sebastian, amazing food and so different to the South, it reminds me of Ireland.