PDA

View Full Version : The NATS fuck up

Nickatilynx
05-24-2005, 11:46 PM
Look I was away this weekend.

Can someone give me the run down.

Which programs are good?

Which affiliates send traffic worth a shit and who don't?

I know some of you have the info...

:)

NickPapageorgio
05-24-2005, 11:49 PM
Things have been very tight lipped. <_<

Peaches
05-24-2005, 11:53 PM
WEG (http://www.wegcash.com) and G3X (http://www.g3x.com) are still good :)

Nickatilynx
05-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Reading through , I understand Brand0n's disbelief in my numbers.

So a webmaster sending traffic and getting $60k a mth is huge!!!!

And an affiliate program doing 300 sales a day is huge......

Jeeezzzzz...I hope that is just the GFY perception because if it is reality , the business is fucked.

SykkBoy
05-25-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 24 2005, 10:59 PM
Reading through , I understand Brand0n's disbelief in my numbers.

So a webmaster sending traffic and getting $60k a mth is huge!!!!

And an affiliate program doing 300 sales a day is huge......

Jeeezzzzz...I hope that is just the GFY perception because if it is reality , the business is fucked.
what most idiots don't realize is those numbers weren't what the program was doing in sales, those were referrers...
so mailer traffic, internal traffic, etc. wasn't counted in that

that being said, we looked pretty good ;-)

300 a day is huge now because most mailers are shit, affiliate have no loytalties, and there aren't as many good credit card scams as there were in the golden days ;-)

SykkBoy
05-25-2005, 12:50 AM
let me re-phrase that
300 isn't huge, but it is better than average...

Nick, you'd be surprised how many "bigger" programs, even the old vets, that aren't doing that (of course they'll never admit it publicly ;-))

Nickatilynx
05-25-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@May 24 2005, 08:51 PM
let me re-phrase that
300 isn't huge, but it is better than average...

Nick, you'd be surprised how many "bigger" programs, even the old vets, that aren't doing that (of course they'll never admit it publicly ;-))
Such as?

Someone name some names here....

LOL

If it was all open , people should know.

And you looked pretty good?

;-)

*KK*
05-25-2005, 03:31 AM
It was a fuck up that turned into a complete coup for a few programs lol... since the dispute over their numbers has probably garnered them a few new affiliates, especially if the ratios were good ;)

Nickatilynx
05-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by *KK*@May 24 2005, 11:32 PM
It was a fuck up that turned into a complete coup for a few programs lol... since the dispute over their numbers has probably garnered them a few new affiliates, especially if the ratios were good ;)
I thought you represented NATS , KK ?

TheEnforcer
05-25-2005, 11:24 AM
I got to the second page of the thread over there and hadn't seen anything worth note so I said the hell with it. Maybe there were numbers or something of note posted later in the thread or something but I got annoyed reading the first two pages. <_<

When it all comes down to it I really don't give a fuck what numbers were posted. They could post shitty numbers for a program but if they were converting for me and making me good money what the fuck do I care about some numbers posted in a case like that. The check is all that matters. :)

Nickatilynx
05-25-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@May 25 2005, 07:25 AM
I got to the second page of the thread over there and hadn't seen anything worth note so I said the hell with it. Maybe there were numbers or something of note posted later in the thread or something but I got annoyed reading the first two pages. <_<

When it all comes down to it I really don't give a fuck what numbers were posted. They could post shitty numbers for a program but if they were converting for me and making me good money what the fuck do I care about some numbers posted in a case like that. The check is all that matters. :)
Dude there appear to be some programs that were claiming 100s of joins a day that are doing 10...

Trev
05-25-2005, 11:57 AM
I thought this business was all about smoke and mirrors...

Nickatilynx
05-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Trev@May 25 2005, 07:58 AM

To an extent...

But you at least need to be able to buy the smoke and mirrors.

gonzo
05-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+May 25 2005, 10:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ May 25 2005, 10:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@May 25 2005, 07:25 AM

Dude there appear to be some programs that were claiming 100s of joins a day that are doing 10... [/b][/quote]
One guy says hes going to punch Brad in his cocksucker.

Trev
05-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+May 25 2005, 05:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ May 25 2005, 05:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Trev@May 25 2005, 07:58 AM

To an extent...

But you at least need to be able to buy the smoke and mirrors. [/b][/quote]
Very true :wnw:

With some of the numbers I've hear being talked about over at the zoo, some of these programs would be lucky if they sould afford cigarettes and tin foil...

Biggy
05-25-2005, 12:26 PM
NATS is a solid program. John and Charley are great guys, I will be sitting down with them soon to go over it for my own sites.

A page that showed refferer stats was left open, some asshole decided to go right to the boards with it instead of simply just emailing them the bug. After the bug was known, the problem was fixed after a few minutes...

I guess you can say some programs got caught with their pants down, since they over-represent what they are doing. Some guys were proud of their #s and won them more affiliates.

gonzo
05-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Biggy@May 25 2005, 11:27 AM
NATS is a solid program. John and Charley are great guys, I will be sitting down with them soon to go over it for my own sites.

A page that showed refferer stats was left open, some asshole decided to go right to the boards with it instead of simply just emailing them the bug. After the bug was known, the problem was fixed after a few minutes...

I guess you can say some programs got caught with their pants down, since they over-represent what they are doing. Some guys were proud of their #s and won them more affiliates.
Biggy... I will have to agree with you. The only seminar Ive ever attended was the NATS one in Vegas. It a very powerful piece of programming. It is not an easy task to integrate your sites into unless you have someone dedicated to it as a regualr employee. We have just turned it on and look forward to seeing what all it can do as we have affiliates sign up. It gives you the entire picture of whats going on from one central place.

Feel free to contact me if youd like to know my personal experience with getting it set up. I think the other 2 FFN's can chime in on this as well.

Biggy
05-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Trev+May 25 2005, 08:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ May 25 2005, 08:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 25 2005, 05:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Trev@May 25 2005, 07:58 AM

To an extent...

But you at least need to be able to buy the smoke and mirrors.
Very true :wnw:

With some of the numbers I've hear being talked about over at the zoo, some of these programs would be lucky if they sould afford cigarettes and tin foil... [/b][/quote]
Free Tip: 95% of people in this business are full of shit.

Thats coming straight from the top, one of the most successful guys running paysites. I've never let that leave me.

It's very easy to tell how successful/big a site is doing - its called Alexa and knowing how to read it, etc.

Trev
05-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Biggy@May 25 2005, 05:27 PM

If I'd have been the guy that found hole, I'd have gone into every sponsor I knew running NATS...

Then I would have brought it here... armed with figures I would have had page views up like a mother f**ker :D

TheEnforcer
05-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+May 25 2005, 10:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ May 25 2005, 10:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@May 25 2005, 07:25 AM

Dude there appear to be some programs that were claiming 100s of joins a day that are doing 10... [/b][/quote]
Oh yeah, I know what you are saying in that regard. I was just talking on the conversion level and not the claims of the number of signups they are doing as a program.

*KK*
05-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+May 25 2005, 06:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ May 25 2005, 06:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-*KK*@May 24 2005, 11:32 PM
I thought you represented NATS , KK ? [/b][/quote]
I do some PR work for them when they need it... writing releases, handling contests, etc, on a contract basis.

God forbid I was actually working for someone ;)

OK, maybe there is someone I would work for...

SykkBoy
05-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Biggy@May 25 2005, 11:27 AM

yeah, they're great guys
and what some people are forgetting isn't the fuck up, it's how these guys handled the fuck up...instead of pissing with a bunch of idiots on messag boards, they took care of their clients and got everything straightened out...the mistake isn't as important as how the mistake is handled...and they did a great job

gonzo
05-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+May 25 2005, 12:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ May 25 2005, 12:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggy@May 25 2005, 11:27 AM

yeah, they're great guys
and what some people are forgetting isn't the fuck up, it's how these guys handled the fuck up...instead of pissing with a bunch of idiots on messag boards, they took care of their clients and got everything straightened out...the mistake isn't as important as how the mistake is handled...and they did a great job [/b][/quote]
Ok Sykk... I like em but Im not getting out a bottle of syrup.

Problem is they have grown too fast.... support is always a tricky thing to grow when starting out and looks like q&a/ bug checking might be another place for improvement.

From a customers standpoint [and Im sure Eddie will wholeheartedly agree with me]... heres what I think needs to happen which is very realistic.

I dare say that many program owners do not have a staff of qualified IT professionals on it. And if they do chances are they are involved with the day to day building of the site and dont have 40 hours to dedicate in tandem to building out the migration for adding NATS.

Its unrealistic to have the boys at NATS staff up a full extended support team just on speculation. And its difficult to pay for the integration to be done even by their staff because this system can be customized at every turn.

John is a smart guy and maybe he can get a few folks to agree to do NATS integration work as a 3rd party outsource company. This frees up his staff to do what they do best and it ensures that the clients get the system running in a timely manner and it does exactly what they expect it to do.

And honestly Sykk... other than hiding the code... I dont see any use for that SMARTY templating system. I know Eddie has a shopping cart that has a WYSIWIG editor for Smarty. Hopefully John can get that integrated into NATS.

My guess is that more exploits will be announced given the scope of this script.

In all fairness to those guys... the script does preform as it was sold and those guys have been nothing but professional and accomidating in regards to helping us get online.